• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Will Lose Her Place Among World’s Top Global Cities Within 20 years. Whose

wenjin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore Will Lose Her Place Among World’s Top Global Cities Within 20 years. Wh

wenjin... I am screen capturing your comment and reporting you to the relevant. You are posting comment that are degrading to woman.
some-one help me please, a streetwalker trying to fix me.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore Will Lose Her Place Among World’s Top Global Cities Within 20 years. Wh

The only way we can still be number 1 is to pay our leaders more.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And WP are still not able balance the book of one GRC ...hehe
do you know the truth or are you just mouthing what Lawrence and Desmond said?

PAP IBs are just responding to their master's call and parroting the same smearing rubbish used in GE2011.

Source: The Alternative View

1924338_813999715328029_2534920802124444196_n.jpg

Look who's up to its usual dirty smearing tactics again?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

some-one help me please, a streetwalker trying to fix me.

Pls do Not disturb Barracuda Chong. She alrdy lauKok Kok 20 years from now no fight with china syt meimeis. She must b upset. S k2 cannot help.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the last few decades, Singapore's progress would have taken place whether it was the PAP or somebody else in power, as long as the leaders were not extremely corrupt or inept. Reason being that Singapore was smack right in the centre of a relatively peaceful region and on the "right" side of the world's powerhouses. Being fluent in English helped a lot too. And people, being people, if left to do what they do naturally brings economic growth. For some reason, the population seems content to attribute all this progress to superb leadership and guidance by the political leaders when their jobs were relatively easy compared to politicians in other parts of the world. ..n

Cheers!
Imo, pap does deserve credit in the early 90's for leading Sg in the right direction. Pap did pay a price when it made English the official medium for education. It was not a natural progression. The old team consciously decided on it. Again people being lazy, if left on their own is not likely to move out of their comfort zone. Progress will not be that fast. GKS liked to recall how he actually just went about cutting ribbons with the sole aim to promote industrialization. If left on our own, we can't designate and change Jurong into an industrial zone that speedily and shift the airport to changi. These are not by chance. Someone did make some good decisions then.

However, GTC changed the attitude and approach. To gain popularity, he promoted asset enhancement, trading in share, ... He was lucky as the world economy was booming and during his era, I would agree with you that any party will be able to create the same progress. Things starts to go wrong. People are encouraged to work smart not hard, to break it if it ain't broken, and all kinds of warped ideas which eventually raised a generation of young who do not believe in hard work or know how to do house works. It continues and that is how we have reached the present state.

Therefore, I think what you have mentioned is application to the 2nd generation leaders onwards. The pioneer leaders of pap do deserve credits.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These people are so goddamn arrogant. :rolleyes:

You don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow, nevertheless still project and extrapolate 20 years, 50 years into the future, plan this and that. :rolleyes:

This is arrogance: a smugness and belief that they can control and influence everything under the sun. :cool:

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore became No.1 due to Sinkies.How many sinkies left now?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore became No.1 due to Sinkies.How many sinkies left now?

Singapore was lumbar 1 because we used to pay ministers correct and realistic salaries.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo tah por zho construction worker zha bor zho maid loh

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wenjin... I am screen capturing your comment and reporting you to the relevant. You are posting comment that are degrading to woman.

Are you a MILF or a GILF with a hairy cheebye?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP IBs are just responding to their master's call and parroting the same smearing rubbish used in GE2011.

Yes, pap IBs are generally shallow and don't have a mind of their own

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

What goes up must come down?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

That seems to be according to what the press highlights, I do not know nor care about the internal politics/workings of the parties, but just leave it to the residents of the ward to decide whether their lives under the WP/PAP is justified for that party to represent them in parliament. Politics isn't a fair nor just game, its always make oneself look good and your opponent look bad. To me, they're all bad.

Cheers!

In the mean time WP are not able to fix the S&CC arrears for JUST ONE GRC

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Isn't that what Singaporeans want?.. a city that is not interested in being number one, that puts happiness ahead of materialism and enjoys an easy pace of life with slower economic growth.

What's the point of being number one when the majority are suffering?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That seems to be according to what the press highlights, I do not know nor care about the internal politics/workings of the parties, but just leave it to the residents of the ward to decide whether their lives under the WP/PAP is justified for that party to represent them in parliament. Politics isn't a fair nor just game, its always make oneself look good and your opponent look bad. To me, they're all bad.

Cheers!

Isn't this how all capitalist society are? Competition brings the worst out of us ...free market practise to the extreme make us worst than animals.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is your prerogative who you wish to give credit to, but the way I see it was that the ruling party merely took the baton from the Brits and carried on running. Sg was already developing extremely fast and it wasn't plagued by social, political nor natural catastr0phes like some of her neighbours, so whoever ran Sg, had a simple job. The real reward should be given to the working class ordinary local citizens who made sacrifices amid and uncertain future. If you give recognition to a few elite politicians, you are failing to recognise the hundreds, if not thousands of workers, engineers, architects, businessmen who contributed to nation building. Overall, the citizens of the nation state are an obedient lot who sacrificed personal gratification for the sake of the community/nation, and the mass effort of these people together build Singapore, but no mention of this was officially made. So todate we have songs sung about the accomplishments of the city-state, and the credit goes to a select few. Its happened so often that it has become the norm for government-endorsed/acknowledged policies to get accepted and recognised, anything done or suggested by anyone/group outside of this elite clique goes unnoticed. Not a very healthy sign for society. Maybe this could be the reason why Singapore will lose her place among the world's top global cities as suggested in the title to this thread.

Cheers!

Imo, pap does deserve credit in the early 90's for leading Sg in the right direction. ......................

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i hope next year in the coming months, sinkieland will lose it even more.. why wait within 20 years?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can Spore be at the top when it is run by an overpaid famiLee:confused:

Think about it. Their decisions are motivated by selfish self interests & not for the benefit of the whole nation. What is good for the famiLee means that there is less of the pie for the "lesser mortals"