• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'porean pmet dismissed by filipino superior and has to leave within half an hour

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]S'POREAN PMET DISMISSED BY FILIPINO SUPERIOR AND HAS TO LEAVE WITHIN HALF AN HOUR[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
9 Dec 2014 - 6:33pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Gilbert,
Thanks for the support and guidance you have given to fellow Singaporeans on their job problems.

I am also facing a very bad experience recently on my job and decided to write this email to you and hopefully
you can give me some guidance which would be greatly appreciated.

I work as a contract analyst with an insurance co through an agent.

I start work in June this year and is a one year contract, my job responsibilities include production support and development work in the insurance co IT dept.

For the first 3 months of my work, there were no major problems involved and then suddenly on the last day of August they decided to terminate my contract without giving any valid reasons.

The agent call me up and say they are not happy with my performance and I have to pack and leave within 1/2 hour.

I was at a shock and decided to confront my immediate supervisor ( who is a pinoy) who then impolitely tell me off and say I made a lot of mistakes.
I feel that he is giving all excuses to get rid of me and wanted to chase me out of the company.

=> Full-time job for Pinoy FTrash, but contract job for SGs. In Own Country? Say, why should the FAP Traitors not be hanged after the next GE?

Not satisfied with his reasons I managed to check with my boss who is a Singaporean but she only listen to him and does not listen to what I have to say.
I feel that my contract was terminated unfairly without any valid reasons and would like to seek your guidance.

Thanks and regards
Philip
Dear Philip
Thanks for your mail and sorry to hear of your predicament.
Unfair dismissal is rampant here due to our weak labour legislation.
Employers can terminate a worker’s service without giving any valid reasons especially if the employee is under probation.
There is no proper counselling carried out before termination and our HR is also ill-prepared to do that here.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I urge you to report the matter to MOM and TAFEP.
We should all try to do our best to stop unfair dismissal as its a threat to our livelihood and survival.
Let us know if you need to access our counselling or coaching service.
We are here for you.
Regds,
Gilbert

Transitioning.org - A website that helps jobless Singaporeans find new hope in life

20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0_5_0_1_0.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something is terribly wrong if Pinoys are becoming managers.

Unless this Pinoy graduated from a prestigious Ivy League university etc, he/she should have no business to even EXIST in Singapore. :rolleyes:

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'POREAN PMET DISMISSED BY FILIPINO SUPERIOR AND HAS TO LEAVE WITHIN HALF AN HOUR

halo yi wu ho typhoon donation bo<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something is terribly wrong if Pinoys are becoming managers.

Unless this Pinoy graduated from a prestigious Ivy League university etc, he/she should have no business to even EXIST in Singapore. :rolleyes:

It is now pretty common.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fcuking Pinoys x Shit Skins networking v strong, next few mths tis guy's post will be done on contract basis by another Pinoy.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie Land is only country to employ Pinoys and Ah Nehs from shite Universities and dubious learning institutions from their respective countries and give them high ranking positions... Pinoys are a close second behind Ah Nehs when it comes to poisonous office politics.. They are serpents in disguise..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Pinoy, Ah Nehs or Ah Tiong or any foreigners should be given supervisory roles. They are here to be coolies, not bosses.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno why people complain. malays suffered same fate also but never bring this out since merdeka. Just treat this as karma. Soon, you all will lose your home just as malays lost their kampungs.