• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meal for 4 at foodcourt costs over $110 (Acceptable?)

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stomper Concerned Citizen said this meal of a plate of roasted meat, pig's skin and two chicken drumsticks for four people is overpriced as it allegedly cost patrons at Seletar Mall food court over $110.

The Stomper said his mum was witness to the whole incident, which caused quite a commotion at the the food court yesterday afternoon (Dec 7).

In a phone conversation with Stomp, the Stomper said:

"My mother and aunt witnessed this incident yesterday at about 3pm at the new Seletar Mall food court.

"Customers sitting right beside them ordered three plates of food items and these consisted of a plate of 'char siew' and 'sio bak', another plate of pig's skin and another plate containing two pieces of drumsticks.

"This meal, including four plates of rice, set them back slightly over $110.

"They ordered soup as well, but this was from another stall.

"The uncle initially paid the amount, but realised soon after that it was very pricey and demanded an explanation from the stall assistants.

"He was told that the price was $12 per person for each portion of roasted meat and pig's skin, thus amounting to $96. The individual portions were placed on a larger plate for sharing, as you can see in the photo.

"As for the chicken drumsticks, it was priced at $6 per piece.

"The uncle then demanded a refund of at least 50% off the tab, but they offered him only a $20 refund.

"There was a commotion at the food court over this matter and in the end, the uncle left without taking the refund.

"I've asked around as well, and all my friends think the meal is overpriced."

Stompers, what do you think of the cost of the meal?

retardface

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a ripoff for this amount the 3 of them can go for a medium standard buffet and get more value for their money in better surroundings.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Stomper Concerned Citizen said this meal of a plate of roasted meat, pig's skin and two chicken drumsticks for four people is overpriced as it allegedly cost patrons at Seletar Mall food court over $110.

Aiyo... I was at a HK restaurant eating a plate of 三拼 consisting of suckling pig, siu yok and siu gnorh, sets me back by $148 HKD which is about SGD$27? In Sinkiestan, the rental is really killing the market :eek::eek::eek:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Never been there. But surely not worth the effort going.

If i am not wrong... that piece of land it its on used to be a wet market cum food centre. Used to play and eat around there when young.

NO THANKS TO PAP to sell that to a developer and now everyone has a profiteering outlook.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eating at Food court and Restaurant nowadays you are subsidising the owner to pay for their high rental to the landlord :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Eating at Food court and Restaurant nowadays you are subsidising the owner to pay for their high rental to the landlord :biggrin:

That i agree especially Food Republic gangster.

If you go Orchard / Scotts Rd Junction....Fucked up Food Republic has cornered more than 50 percent of mass market food retail space.

Ion Food Basement and now the new Shaw Basement. They are monopolising the mass market food spaces and able to control prices of food.

However...the Competition Commission of Singapore acts blurs. As usual....

Last edited:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
who did he vote for??????

hahhahahahhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Yes...we have to thank PM LEE for putting us top of the league for having to pay the highest price for a simple fare .
This is one of our biggest concern, very much muted by the media.

And CASE, as protestor of consumer is hiding behind the table.

No prize for guessing who is the lame chairman of CASE, a lapdog in AMK GRC.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Decades ago, I charged the American GIs 50 cents more per bowl of beef noodles only !:o

The rent then was only 100 dollars a month.:o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singaporeans have choices why choose the expensive place? Also this type of complain is very subjective too as it depend on what the patron ordered. The right thing to do is show the fucking receipt and then we can talk, stomp stomp stomp simi lanjiao!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Singaporeans have choices why choose the expensive place? Also this type of complain is very subjective too as it depend on what the patron ordered. The right thing to do is show the fucking receipt and then we can talk, stomp stomp stomp simi lanjiao!

Agree.

i merely pointing out how gangsters like Food republic are monopolising mass market food floor space which has a big impact on food prices.