• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay woman terminated by Alatas Singapore after working for 3weeks due to pregnancy

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to bring up this matter to your attention.

I was just employed by this company last month on the 10th of Nov 2014 as a Receptionist cum Admin Assistant under the accounts dept.

As usual I will have to go through the procedure of 3-month probation period.

I tried to learn as fast as I could on whatever that was taught as it was a new experience for me under quickbook.

So they concentrate more on teaching me on the invoices and quickbook and the company system called APS.

I tried to learn as fast as I possibly could. Everything was fine till they did a 1-week assessment on me.

They mentioned that everything was ok except for some of the jobs that I did not do – which was not taught nor was I given any instructions to do so.

Example, to wipe the photocopier machine every morning – which I was not given any screen wipes / solution to wipe it. It was kept by another colleague.

So during that assessment they asked if I have anything else to say and I told them it is good news to me but I am not sure if it is good news to the company that I am pregnant.

They did not say anything and the HR exec noticed the concern on my face and I told her yes I am because I need the job to cope with this pregnancy. So she said they will look upon my performance.

So I agreed because thinking its under 3-month probation period and I can learn more things and contribute to the company.

I did not take any sick leave for myself, I was never late for work, I do not have any conflicts with colleagues, the colleague who taught me quick book even said that I did no mistakes on the keying in on the system and invoices and I would even answer the phone calls within 1 phone ring.

Even when I have done an outstanding job, I would come up to her and even asked her if there’s anything else for me to do as I need to keep myself occupied with something and learn new things and she would say “nope not now”.

Apparently since the last week of November, I noticed the coldness from the colleagues.

More at Malay woman terminated by Alatas Singapore after working for 3 weeks due to pregnancy

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Malay woman terminated by Alatas Singapore after working for 3weeks due to pregna

The only place that gets max benefits isthe istana even if u lie dead inside the coffin. U still get full pay benefis n cpf. But must b familee.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Malay woman terminated by Alatas Singapore after working for 3weeks due to pregna

Quickly ask who did the malay woman voted for :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

An old man who can't keep his mouth close can get $250k a year doing nothing and enjoy a $1 million pension, all paid for with our tax dollars.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Prevention is better than cure.

Next time, hire only men or women who have reached menopause and are biologically unable to make babies.

This is not just a Malay-Muslim thing. Fertile women of any race or any religion may suddenly decide to make babies.

Some of the better educated broads may also decide to drop whatever they're doing to 'find herself' in other pursuits. Refer to that AStar wench.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pay him to prevent him from corruption.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She can appeal to the Professor.:o

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WHO DID SHE VOTE FOR??????????????? hehe hope that helps

good question. I guess should be MMVPAP :biggrin: again another case of 自作自受

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal

funny she didn't even mention her hubby. Hubby not working, or no hubby to support the family?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Work 3 weeks only but going to be on paid maternity leave for 4-5 months? She thought she staying in Stockholm? Lol

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

She should stick to selling Lontong and Roti John.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Taking advantage of the system.

This what happens when a welfare state goes a step too far. Everyone tries to scam the system and the honest taxpayers are the ones who ultimately pick up the bill.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it right to withhold information about being pregnant to a prospective employer during interview? Legally there is no issue. But ethically, it's fucking the employer.

U work a few weeks, but end up getting paid to go have a kid for next few months?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She should stick to selling Lontong and Roti John.

Is it right to withhold information about being pregnant to a prospective employer during interview? Legally there is no issue. But ethically, it's fucking the employer.

U work a few weeks, but end up getting paid to go have a kid for next few months?
she tried milking the system, and apart from roti john and lontong, she can also jual her lactating susu :rolleyes:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's picture this.

She works a few weeks for new company. Then maybe she then goes on paid maternity leave for a few months. When she comes back, she can easily quit to be a housewife.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let's picture this.

She works a few weeks for new company. Then maybe she then goes on paid maternity leave for a few months. When she comes back, she can easily quit to be a housewife.
and still pursue her hawker trade:*:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Prevention is better than cure.

Next time, hire only men or women who have reached menopause and are biologically unable to make babies.

This is not just a Malay-Muslim thing. Fertile women of any race or any religion may suddenly decide to make babies.

Some of the better educated broads may also decide to drop whatever they're doing to 'find herself' in other pursuits. Refer to that AStar wench.

Many companies are hiring males without any NS liabilities i.e. non Singapores. They also prefer single men without a wife i.e. so that their male employees won't be distracted & can work longer hours.