• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fandi Ahmad wants to retire in Batam – and people say they understand

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Fandi,

[video=youtube;DpklIrmfxWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpklIrmfxWA[/video]

thanks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Bro , how to apply for PR in Batam ? Thanks :confused:

[h=5]Types of Resident Visas[/h]
  1. Izin Kunjungan Sosial Budaya Visa - VKSB: valid for up to six months. The Sosial Budaya, or social-cultural visa requires an Indonesian sponsor. It is valid for 60 days after which it must be extended every month for up to six months. It is used for visiting family, or for social-cultural exchanges. It is a single entry visa; when the holder leaves the country, the visa becomes invalid.
  2. Kunjungan Beberapa Kali Perjalanan Visa or Sosial Budaya - Multiple-entry Visa: valid for 12 months. This is a social-cultural visa that is valid for 12 months and allows multiple entries into and out of the country.
  3. VITAS or VBS - a Limited-stay Visa or Semi-Permanent Residence Visa: A foreigner hired by an Indonesian company is given a VITAS while still in their home country. This is extended to the worker's spouse and children and is issued after a work permit has been authorised. When a foreign worker and his family arrives in Indonesia, immigration procedures change the VITAS visa to a KITAS visa.
  4. Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas or Temporary Residency Permit - KITAS: valid for six months to one year. A KITAS Visa is the most common visa for foreign residents and requires an Indonesian sponsor. Valid for five years in total, it is first valid for one year and must subsequently be extended every 12 months.
  5. Kartu Izin Tinggal Tetap or Permanent Residency Permit - KITAP: valid for five years; after the first period of five years, it can be extended for four more consecutive five-year periods, and is valid for 25 years in total. A KITAP Visa requires a sponsor, and is most often given to foreigners who are married to Indonesian citizens and who plan on living in Indonesia permanently.
  6. Retirement Visa - for those aged over 55.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retire in another country does not mean you need to sell everything back home.

Most Singaporeans have a HDB. Just collect rent on the HDB and use the rent to live in other country.

However a lot of stupid Singaporeans got into romance, sold their assets to build new love nest for their new found love , and eventually sweet dream turn into nightmare and they lost everything overnight.

So play smart........ Romance can be deadly if you cannot understand what is a love trap.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right move by Fandi. At least he's got the balls to decide to move to another country and retire.

Why retire in a city that has become the world's most expensive, is one of the most densely populated, and which doesn't look after you in your old age even when you've given an entire life's sweat and toil to it?

Most Sinkies are too afraid to get out of their comfort zone. So they stay put here but continue to gripe and moan. And they call Fandi a loser, a quitter. Sheesh.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are considering Batam do consider that you may be affected by the haze problem. That is why I am looking further north :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Looking at the requirements it is cheaper to retire in Indonesia than Thailand. The biggest difficulty is I think the following

Secondly, applicants must take part in a number of practices that benefit the local economy. Retirees in Indonesia must provide documents indicating that they are spending at least $500 USD per month on accommodation if they plan to reside in Bali, Jakarta or Bandung. Other regions have a $200 USD minimum monthly spend.

I often go to Batam where haircuts are $2 & eating out at a restaurant is less than $10. The hotels are also cheap.
I think the hardest requirement is how to spend at least US$200 a month:biggrin: Especially with the rupiah so weak against the $USD

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I often go to Batam where haircuts are $2 & eating out at a restaurant is less than $10. The hotels are also cheap.
I think the hardest requirement is how to spend at least US$200 a month:biggrin: Especially with the rupiah so weak against the $USD

Bang a dozen Batam Whores every month and you should be able to meet your spending quota. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Sinkies are too afraid to get out of their comfort zone. So they stay put here but continue to gripe and moan. And they call Fandi a loser, a quitter. Sheesh.

Sinkies also uncomfortable/afraid of animals/insects too. Spiders, roaches, snakes, bees, dragonfly, lizards, ants etc etc...:rolleyes:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the requirements it is cheaper to retire in Indonesia than Thailand. The biggest difficulty is I think the following

Secondly, applicants must take part in a number of practices that benefit the local economy. Retirees in Indonesia must provide documents indicating that they are spending at least $500 USD per month on accommodation if they plan to reside in Bali, Jakarta or Bandung. Other regions have a $200 USD minimum monthly spend.

Bro , must Produce Official Receipts as proof of Spending ???

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
WoW !!! Fandi Huat Ahh !!! :eek::eek::eek:

map_of_indonesia.jpg