• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lelong can also be just a figure of speech expressing the vendor's desperate to sell off their products with attractive discount, also a local colloquial pasar patois language commonly used by all races for expression of cheap sale!
When a supposedly high class luxurious apartments have to use flyers to promote sales reflects much - a blown marketing budget while desperation for sales.

Thanks for enlightening the uneducated. I wanted to put up the dictionary meaning of lelong but decided why must we always spoonfeed him. Btw cslong. Don't bother to make this an English/Malay class. Only u are in denial that lelong can be used colloquially to mean sales or discounts. Can't understand how a Malaysian doesn't understand this.. haha. Lies? What lies? childish. U better concentrate on defending ur prestigious cheena developer for making such an amateur n fatal marketing mistake! So disappointed such a high class development resort to this. Haiz..

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tell me what is the real meaning of lelong. My advise is, go and read the dictionary. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you insist using flyers reflect desperation of sales.... so same goes to SP Setia. If you claimed RnF is on cheap sales now, just prove it. Not just lots of air talking.

Childish. Why don't u show us a dictionary meaning that says lelong DOES NOT mean giving discounts! Are we all wasting our breath with this moron?
I went down to RnF today n the salesgirl who attended to me confirmed that they are giving up to 30% discount for selected units. Yes in case cslong brain is slow, I repeat. Up to 30% discount. I joke with her and said is this a lelong sale? She just smiled and said nothing. Now GO prove us wrong cslong.. If not then just shut up.
Ladies n gentlemen. FOr those who don't believe go make a trip down n ask urself. Don't be lazy like cslong the keyboard warrior.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me what is the real meaning of lelong. My advise is, go and read the dictionary. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you insist using flyers reflect desperation of sales.... so same goes to SP Setia. If you claimed RnF is on cheap sales now, just prove it. Not just lots of air talking.

You are such a super dud, even with my explicit explanation you still don't understand.
So SP Setia are also using flyers, also offering deep discount, so?
Its now a buyers' market and they are all desperate to clear stock knowing the 2015 is going to be a very slow year for property sales as projected by so many agencies.
Isn't it nice that prices are finally began to soften and all developers decided to start slashing price or offer more freebees?
Well, except for those flippers and speculators, to them its really a piece of bad news!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro don't bother with him. His reputation points is so low. Lower than you and me. No wonder. He better learn to talk facts and be polite to people with reputation points more than him. Just ignore him. He is only interested in a senseless shouting match.

Agree 100%.
That person is a lot thicker and dimmer than I thought!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol. Not to mention his rep points is so low. Better respect people like us!

I hope you will agree with me that we must "commend" him for trying to make himself known, even though it's for the WRONG reason. If one cannot be known for doing good, and still wants the limelight, what choice does one has? So we must learn to forgive a pathetic soul, trying to deploy the only way he knows to get known:(

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro I respect you cos you bring balance to the thread. But you know as well as I do sometimes these young punks need to be taught a lesson in life. Being a keyboard warrior n slagging other developer is not ethical. I already stated from day one cslong should learn to shut up. But he keeps slagging my developer Eco world. Which I paid good money to buy. Same as those buyers from other properties. I ain't gonna let one useless moron to keep talking cock on this forum if the moderators are not going to censor him. He needs to be taught a lesson. If no one wants to do it, let this old man teach this young chiku a lesson.

Salute! It's a thankless job.

:cool:

BigMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro I think we just ignore him. He is hopeless, arguing on things that don't make sense. FACT is RnF is offering up to 30% discount. I went to ask myself. I agree with you. It's disappointing such a high class development is resorting to such desperate tactics. But then again high rise units are expected to be hit hard in this down turn. Too many already. Stevie wonder could see this was coming. Not surprising RnF units are affected too. If I am owner I will demand explanation from them why this discount is given. Not come to this thread n talk cr@p n slagging other developer. Again Everyone here don't understand why cslong is so defensive. He is not even an owner. Right cslong? Tell us why u are so defensive? Guarantee u will sidestep this question in ur next posting. U are so predictable n gullible.

Can you give a specific example how the 30% discount work? Like which units and their facing?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you give a specific example how the 30% discount work? Like which units and their facing?

Well, according to the flyers, they are trying to push out the remaining Type A,G and K "with special discount for March only" to entice.
Maybe next month, it'll be some other type of units "with special discount for April only"?.
Drop by the showroom as there are still lots of units left, the salesmen would be so pleased to show you the discounts and freebies "never offered before".
In fact. drop by all the showrooms including Country Garden and Greenland's Jade Palace which are all nearby and do a spreadsheet compare.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your valuable input bro. It dispels the myth that China developers are doing better than local developers. For those who want to find out more about the discounts it is worth ur time to make a trip down to ask the salespeople. This might be a good time to strike a bargain unit. But beware, if I am you I will wait further. There is no knowing how desperate they may go in terms of their lelong discounts.

Its already no more secret that its a buyer's market now and one should be spoilt for choice!
No need to rush and strike a hard bargain if zeroed in, ask for more freebies, sure can get one!
Phase 1 already take so long to sell and is technically losing money, how to launch Phase 2?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its already no more secret that its a buyer's market now and one should be spoilt for choice!
No need to rush and strike a hard bargain if zeroed in, ask for more freebies, sure can get one!
Phase 1 already take so long to sell and is technically losing money, how to launch Phase 2?

From a macro point of view, this stunt by RnF does not bode well for everyone. As we all know when these china developers first came to JB, they embarked on an extensive media promotion blitz. This gives buyers a false sense that JB property market is propped up by these pseudo-giant developers. Now if news goes out that these same developers are not hitting their KPIs, this would trigger a series of domino effects which will erode consumer confidence. They will bring down others whose project may not have the same sales target issues. This may eventually lead to a general down turn. Whilst many people can say the china boys sparked a frenzy in the property boom they will be the same guys who will be the first to burst the balloon they created.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a macro point of view, this stunt by RnF does not bode well for everyone. As we all know when these china developers first came to JB, they embarked on an extensive media promotion blitz. This gives buyers a false sense that JB property market is propped up by these pseudo-giant developers. Now if news goes out that these same developers are not hitting their KPIs, this would trigger a series of domino effects which will erode consumer confidence. They will bring down others whose project may not have the same sales target issues. This may eventually lead to a general down turn. Whilst many people can say the china boys sparked a frenzy in the property boom they will be the same guys who will be the first to burst the balloon they created.

Anywhere in the world in whatever industry, condition or relationships, when crisis hit, it is every man for himself.
Some may say it is selfishness, some may say it is unethical, I call it survival.

Just like those historical quests, they come, they see and they conquer. There's no love, no morals, no sympathies.
They only see the locals as opportunities to make money. Nothing more. If they fail, they move on to other areas. The poor unsuspecting are left holding the babies. Be a smart investor. Even then smart investors get burnt once a while.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Steady la bro. Btw it's very peaceful nowadays. Lets hope it stays that way.

Bro, no need to get overly worked up. I know sometimes it is bei tahan. Forums is supposed to be casual exchange of ideas.
But sometimes it is good to get the scissors ready.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, no need to get overly worked up. I know sometimes it is bei tahan. Forums is supposed to be casual exchange of ideas.
But sometimes it is good to get the scissors ready.

Nowadays getting old. Getting grumpy. If the opposition talks sense still never mind. Worse is talk nonsense n all. Plus I got zapped badly but the joker got away scot free. I agree about the exchange of ideas but I abhor half truths n unethical accusations.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, just to offer a different perspective, I just googled and found our that R&F has S$2.4 billion cash equivalents as of 31 Dec 2014, while a Malaysian local hero developer has around S$198 million cash equivalents as of 31 Jan 2015.

So it may not be necessarily true that R&F is riskier than the local hero in a downturn. In the end, of course, both could turn out well though........

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyway, just to offer a different perspective, I just googled and found our that R&F has S$2.4 billion cash equivalents as of 31 Dec 2014, while a Malaysian local hero developer has around S$198 million cash equivalents as of 31 Jan 2015.

So it may not be necessarily true that R&F is riskier than the local hero in a downturn. In the end, of course, both could turn out well though........

Lol bro. Why so secretive about local hero name? Hmm. Cash reserves is good but we have to look in totality when comparing apple to apple. I am quite sure RnF who is in the mkt longer than local hero would be able to generate such huge cash reserves. So it may not be the best comparison. Probably looking at other things like gearing ratios liquidity ratios or solvency ratios to make a comparison. It would be fairer to compare companies with similar size. We can't possibly use Apple as a benchmark for technology companies can we?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol bro. Why so secretive about local hero name? Hmm. Cash reserves is good but we have to look in totality when comparing apple to apple. I am quite sure RnF who is in the mkt longer than local hero would be able to generate such huge cash reserves. So it may not be the best comparison. Probably looking at other things like gearing ratios liquidity ratios or solvency ratios to make a comparison. It would be fairer to compare companies with similar size. We can't possibly use Apple as a benchmark for technology companies can we?

Yes, R&F would be considered as a much bigger company than many local developers, and hence to allay the fears of bros and sis who have bought R&F properties, I believe they are at lower risk of default, compared to the local developers, some of which have really tapped aggressively on the debt & equity markets, and are vulnerable to a sudden downturn.

That said, Johor really needs to move into the next stage of development to sustain the many on-going projects, with momentum having dropped a lot from previous periods. The govt needs to buck up & quicken the pace of infrastructure, or we will soon see many crying homeowners & developers.....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, R&F would be considered as a much bigger company than many local developers, and hence to allay the fears of bros and sis who have bought R&F properties, I believe they are at lower risk of default, compared to the local developers, some of which have really tapped aggressively on the debt & equity markets, and are vulnerable to a sudden downturn.

That said, Johor really needs to move into the next stage of development to sustain the many on-going projects, with momentum having dropped a lot from previous periods. The govt needs to buck up & quicken the pace of infrastructure, or we will soon see many crying homeowners & developers.....

When you see more projects being completed but remained empty is a simple reflection that many are not owner stay but for rental or investment.
Just take an example of Sky Executive Suites in Bt Indah, already on offer are 225 units for sale and 586 for rental listed in Property Guru.
And on the eastern side, Terbrau City Residence, 89 fo sale and 379 for rental.
What about the rest and the older properties?
Which means that there are easily thousands of empty units waiting for takers, buying or renting!
If this persist, you'll soon surely see crying investors follow by forced sales and fire sales by developers.

Last edited: