• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF, 5 SIR joint exercise with People's Liberation Army in Nanjing?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Next, 01-10 is going to be a national holiday here too?

SINGAPORE - The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) have started their third bilateral training exercise.

Dubbed Cooperation 2014, the exercise runs from today to Nov 9 in Nanjing, China.

About 70 personnel from each side are taking part in the eight-day exercise, which will include seminars and an infantry exercise with a live-firing demonstration, the SAF said in a statement today.

The SAF is represented by personnel from the 5th Singapore Infantry Regiment and 3rd Singapore Division, while the PLA is represented by personnel from the 179th Brigade and Nanjing Military Region.

SAF said that Cooperation 2014 "underscores the warm and growing defence relations between both armed forces" and said that the two "interact regularly through exchanges of visits, courses, exercises, and port calls".

The opening ceremony this morning was co-officiated by SAF's Assistant Chief of General Staff (Operations), Brigadier-General Siew Kum Wong, and the PLA's Commander of 12th Mixed Group Army, Nanjing Military Region, Major-General Wang Chunning.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time we will be seeing PLA ground forces in sg.....you will see how all the ah tiongs already in sg behave...good luck

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't 5SIR the most 'classified' infantry regiment of the SAF, and that's why its camp is just next to the Mindef Gombak compound? :wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time...they want to kill the commies...."what a difference the day make"....they condemn the communists here & you say, you are one...see what happen to you...but now, they train with the PLA....aren't they the same?..COMMUNISTS??

I remember very clearly...when I was going to exercise "starlight"....we were throughly checked for any item, that has " made in China" label on them & will have that label, cut off...recently at Taipei 101, I see busloads of COMMUNISTS alighting....hmmmm

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't 5SIR the most 'classified' infantry regiment of the SAF, and that's why its camp is just next to the Mindef Gombak compound? :wink:

Tan Pin Pin's film about ex-communists was rejected for screening in Sinkieland because it endangers Sinkie national security.

5SIR taking part in military exercise with PLA does NOT pose a threat to Sinkie national security?

Someone please help me understand the logic behind it.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Pin Pin's film about ex-communists was rejected for screening in Sinkieland because it endangers Sinkie national security.

5SIR taking part in military exercise with PLA does NOT pose a threat to Sinkie national security?

you will b guilible to believe the sh1t brewed by papzi.

they are the worst lot after isil.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's the difference between then communists & now COMMUNISTS?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this a sign that if and when trouble brews for the white trash... PRC's military might can be asked to come and "help"?? This seems ominous.. to me at least...

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
12 mixed group army sounds like rojak company!! They have no respect for our NSmen by sending in third grade platoon.