• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Go to gym on weekends nowadays how much?

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it very expensive or just one or two hundred a month with lots of extra costs? Recommend me a gym with good equipment.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Is it very expensive or just one or two hundred a month with lots of extra costs? Recommend me a gym with good equipment.

For the fact that you are asking this question shows that your have not made up your mind about consistent exercise and lifestyle change. My recommendation is not to waste your money, your time and take up extra space in a gym

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no point going to the gym on weekends only. At least three times a week, with rest day(s) in between.

And when you're at a gym don't waste your time looking at other people, chit-chatting, fumbling with the machines, walking leisurely on the treadmill or playing with your phone all the time. Know what muscles you want to work, do the relevant exercises, then fuck off from the gym. Shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes per session if you are focused.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
how to get same quality at home? got some positions cannot get with dumbbell.

Hahahaha. What position are you talking about? 2 dumbbells, a proper adjustable bench and a mat is almost what you need to hit about every muscle group. All you need is some motivation to go read up.

A set of powerblock or bowflex + bench + mat, at most 1k.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaha. What position are you talking about? 2 dumbbells, a proper adjustable bench and a mat is almost what you need to hit about every muscle group. All you need is some motivation to go read up.

Some people do not want the clutter at home. Also, the gym offers some social benefits.

You can only do barbell exercises at a gym e.g. dead lifts and squats. Not many people will invest in those equipment for home use.

Body weight exercise is good too. Pull ups, dips and Bruce Lee's leg raises are excellent. :biggrin:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

1K? LOL Go gym cheaper.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the fact that you are asking this question shows that your have not made up your mind about consistent exercise and lifestyle change. My recommendation is not to waste your money, your time and take up extra space in a gym

How can asking this question means I have not made up my mind? I am probably healthier than you and will outlive you.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people do not want the clutter at home. Also, the gym offers some social benefits.

You can only do barbell exercises at a gym e.g. dead lifts and squats. Not many people will invest in those equipment for home use.

Body weight exercise is good too. Pull ups, dips and Bruce Lee's leg raises are excellent. :biggrin:

i do all of thta at home and i do weighted pull ups too 5x5 currently at 25kg hanging from my waist while i do pull ups.

Bruce lee leg raises? You mean dragon flag?

You are wrong about barbell exercises there's tons of running, rowing machines at the gym i have a running machine at home too.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed there are like 2 types of gyms.

Those commerical types with the threamills, step machines etc and small light dumbbells and the other kind where people go and lift really heavy weights where you can do clean and jerk movements or bench, squat, deadlift really heavy weights and can throw them on the ground. It tends to be grittier and less commericalized. I think clubfit has those but i don't think they allow weighted pull ups.