• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore To Match Malaysia’s Causeway Toll Charges 'In Due Course': Josephine Teo

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Channel NewsAsia

Singapore to match Malaysia’s Causeway toll charges 'in due course': Josephine Teo
POSTED: 09 Sep 2014 13:50

The policy of matching Malaysia’s toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link reflects the shared nature of the two crossings, Senior Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo says.

SINGAPORE: The Republic’s Causeway toll charges will be revised to match those set by Malaysia “in due course”, Senior Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo said in Parliament on Tuesday (Sep 9).

Ms Teo was responding to questions from MPs Ang Wei Neng and Pritam Singh on plans to review Singapore’s long-standing policy of matching toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia.

The policy reflects the shared nature of the two crossings, where charges imposed by any one party will have an impact on both countries, Ms Teo said.

Should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit, she added.

- CNA/cy

End Of Article​

65684_676000599089739_123443034_n.jpg

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singapore To Match Malaysia’s Causeway Toll Charges 'In Due Course': Josephine Te

Source: Channel NewsAsia

Singapore to match Malaysia’s Causeway toll charges 'in due course': Josephine Teo
POSTED: 09 Sep 2014 13:50

Ms Teo was responding to questions from MPs Ang Wei Neng and Pritam Singh on plans to review Singapore’s long-standing policy of matching toll charges at the Causeway and Second Link to those set by Malaysia.

The policy reflects the shared nature of the two crossings, where charges imposed by any one party will have an impact on both countries, Ms Teo said.

Should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges, Singapore will follow suit, she added.

- CNA/cy

Malaysia did away with 3/4 tank did Singapore follow suit?
She is either talking through her chee bye or arsehole.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore To Match Malaysia’s Causeway Toll Charges 'In Due Course': Josephine Te

Mudland got 3/4 tank rule meh??

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

She talking thru her asshole, if PAP don't let in all the trash from PRC, Ah neh and Pinoy
all Sickaporean can travelled at the same time NO JAM!! only roti kaya!!

Who started the causeway toll ?? PAP! now they behave as thou JB is the culprit!
Bloody hell they increase toll to Jui Hu Kia from $20.00 to $35.00 first! now want to
behave like a good boy!!

To the PAP rule never obsolete especially 3/4 tank at random they will catch a sapped goat!
Today JB petrol not cheap and PAP are sleeping!! not aware of the surrounding environment!!
With all these stupid toll is it worth awhile to go JB for shopping and food, plus complimentary
Massive JAM!!

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Josephine Teo is the Idol of Bishan - Toa Payoh Constituency, how dare you lesser Mortals
mock her.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mudland got 3/4 tank rule meh??

Mudland no 3/4 tank rule their petrol was cheaper than Sickapoor why this rule?? only
SG numb skull has got these stupid rule!!

Why don't SG have 3/4 tank full on stomach before going into JB?? Make every one purchase
a pack of nasi lemak from Custom at $6.00 a pack than going into JB!! Make sense??

These kind of ridiculous rule will only be implemented by the PAPAYA gahmen!!
No where else in the world!!~

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Get ready for massive inflation. A lot of the food and household products come from Malaysia.

The PAP govt wants to win in the diplomatic/sovereignty prick-waving contest. However, you and I are going to pay for it. :rolleyes:

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they wanna match the toll charges set by the M'sia, they will also have to match the ministerial salary set by the M'sian Govt.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Who increased the price in the first place? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

12509256_558776017612075_4434826815733884535_n.jpg

Translate: Basically all foreign vehicles will have to pay SGD$19 to enter johor.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is no rationale in this policy; it is a money grabbing exercise. When the day tourists from Mudland drop significant, the policy will be reversed.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

when you let a woman in charge, this is the sort of rubbish you get...

Josephine Teo, you are a freaking woman and you cannot lead.. your brain do not work like a man who can solve problems easily.. go fuck yourself and if you carry on your leadership, you will screw everyone up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i take public transport when I visit JB. Last week I decided to go there on a Thursday morning & was surprised that it was very, very,... crowded. Took about 45 minutes to clear immigration because it was so crowded.

From what I can see many were holding Sporean passports.

With the cheaper ringgit of rm$3 to sin$1, JB & Malaysia is really a bargain.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i take public transport when I visit JB. Last week I decided to go there on a Thursday morning & was surprised that it was very, very,... crowded. Took about 45 minutes to clear immigration because it was so crowded.

From what I can see many were holding Sporean passports.

With the cheaper ringgit of rm$3 to sin$1, JB & Malaysia is really a bargain.

i guess it is due to the coming Chinese New Year.. All sinkies go there to buy new year goodies.. JB has replaced the expensive Chinatown for New year shopping.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i guess it is due to the coming Chinese New Year.. All sinkies go there to buy new year goodies.. JB has replaced the expensive Chinatown for New year shopping.

I heard the comments from the other visitors who were also caught off guard. They were also surprised at how crowded it was. It was not a public holiday & yet it was so crowded.

I think this is going to be the new trend, more people going to JB to save $.
So I expect more businesses in Spore to close as people choose cheaper alternatives like JB.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I heard the comments from the other visitors who were also caught off guard. They were also surprised at how crowded it was. It was not a public holiday & yet it was so crowded.

I think this is going to be the new trend, more people going to JB to save $.
So I expect more businesses in Spore to close as people choose cheaper alternatives like JB.

It certainly does reflect how the Sinkie PAP govt run the country.. it runs the country that is so expensive and sinkies have to go across the causeway to buy stuffs to have the same level of new year vibe as before..

To me, the whole sg situation is deteriorating rather than improving. The common people are making such an effort. ( to queue for 2 hours at the jb custom to save that some amount of money)

Good for johor businesses, more business from sinkies..

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

It certainly does reflect how the Sinkie PAP govt run the country.. it runs the country that is so expensive and sinkies have to go across the causeway to buy stuffs to have the same level of new year vibe as before..

To me, the whole sg situation is deteriorating rather than improving. The common people are making such an effort. ( to queue for 2 hours at the jb custom to save that some amount of money)

Good for johor businesses, more business from sinkies..

another example of rent seeking behaviour by the PAP and their cronies. its fantastic though, the crowds have cleared at Chinatown and makes for a more pleasant experience without peasants crowding the place.

also, i wonder what the CCC does with all the rental income collected.

Chinatown’s CNY bazaar dampened by rain and rentals

Mr Chow says he is currently shelling out slightly over $10,000 for two stalls in Temple Street. While this rental sum has remained constant for him in recent years, he points out that he had paid only $750 for one stall in 2002.

Mr Tan says he paid $5,700 for his stall for the last three years, but is paying $8,000 this year.

Mr Lim Gek Meng, 63, head of the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens' Consultative Committee which organised the bazaar, tells The Straits Times that "stall rental prices are adjusted based on economic inflation and market demand".