• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lavender food court and longhouse at upper thomson closing for good.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was not the 60's that the LONG HOUSE at Malacca Street, it was way into late 70's....or 80's, when Republic Plaza was being built..wonder , where the famous popiah stall went...anyone knows?
I remember eating tau kwa seng at the Jln Besar Stadium during mid 80's.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was that Long House at Malacca Street that old, from the 1930's...wow!...that means by the time I knew that place it will have been approaching 40+ years. There was this Indian Vegetarian food shop along Malacca Street named Muruga, which I eat every Friday, that is my VEGETARIAN day, they moved to Philips Street & I don't think they are there anymore..anyone know, where they are now?

The traditional Indian Vegetarian shop, where you step in the boss is sitting behind a wooden counter, with a mirror behind, a telephone on the counter, cigarettes or cheroot for sale. You are served food on a banana leaf, the server, will bring his bucket of rice & Pop in on your leaf in large portion...then come the dishes, which the server will dish out...you get free flow food & rice & that crunchy papadam. Not to forget that Yoghurt...you can order, teh tarik, teh alia, kopi tarik...etc

When you have finished...you pay the BOSS at the counter...I think back then, was around $3-4. That was Malacca Street in those days...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wake up your fucking idea and research how the name long house came to be.
Dun see anything 'long' about the Thomson site.
Those insisting thomson long house as the real deal are riding on brand name and distorting history machiam lky.

In any case one bro already pointed out original long house in malacca street started way back in the 1930s. Jalan besar site at least 20 years. Current site only 12 years. Wat toking you?

Don't talk kok again, the so called long house in Malacca street is totally unrelated to the Long House in JB in the 1980s....and the Long House in JB was the one that relocated to Thomson....like it or not, location not same but the owner and management is, of course when it relocated to Thomson it is not the same to you, as some hawkers went to Thomson and some did not, but you cannot say it is not the real deal......what fucking idea you know?