• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Coming GE: Predictions and scores - see who more accurate

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen a great deal of differing opinions of the upcoming political developments.
Let us all make some guesses and predictions:

Which oppo party will contest where? the likely candidates AND the resulting Score i.e. % of votes

No prizes for guessing where WP will go and what the likely score will be. WP should be taking down Joo Chiat, Tampines and East Coast from the way I see it.

It is always more interesting to predict what the underdogs in the game are likely to achieve, this will allow the relevant parties to take into account this feedback and then go back to reformulate and strategise.

the relevant parties in Singapore's scene now:

SDP
NSP
RP
SDA
DPP
SPP
SFP
GMS and gang
Roy Ngerng and gang

So.... how many seats contested and where likely and how many percentage points!

WP members / supporters please don't flame or zap me for excluding WP, I already kowtow to say that WP should win about 11 more seats.
So to me WP superiority is not in doubt, what is more interesting is the other parties. how well can they perform.

To all the other parties, please take this as positive feedback!

this is not a straw poll so it does not violate Parliamentary Elections Act.

P.S. Apologies to SPP for missing out - dun flame me. not intentional. I already corrected my post.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is easier to guess which party will contest where than who actual will win. Winning will depend on the sentiments by then.

Give it 2011 sentiments, I believe only WP will win, but 2 GRCs this time. 2011 sentiments can come about if by 2016, more people are unhappy since 2011 but more people are also satisfied by what PAP has done since 2013 Punggol BE.

If the sentiments shifts against PAP, WP will win all its contested seats and we have a 2 party system. If the sentiments shifts against PAP badly, PAP will lose all its seats except those contested by RP and SDA, since I believe there will be a full contest.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP lose?

hahahaha...

In your wet dreams.

The paps will still remain as ruling party after GE2016 but it will get badly bruised. More than one GRC will go likely to WP and some of the Ministers heading the GRC will topple like Georgie Boy. On the other hand, coalition Govt after GE2016 is a possibility. It cannot be ruled out.

Difficult to predict how many GRC will go to WP but in any contest of PAP vs WP, the paps may lose in each contest. Popularity of WP is obvious. Dislike for paps is also widespread.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who say PAP wont lose???? Remember Aljunied? Remember Hougang? Remember Punggol East????

Paps will continue to create the chasm with the sinkies due to their stupid policies of favouring foreigners over locals. There is nothing that the paps can do to garner more votes from sinkies and so the paps resorted to importing new shitizens for support. The paps may not lose drastically to get booted out as ruling party but it may have to share power with another party, likely WP after GE 2016 in a coalition Govt.

The paps are too entrenched to get booted out in one election but over time, especially after LKY is up lorry, it will be finished.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
....The paps may not lose drastically to get booted out as ruling party but it may have to share power with another party, likely WP after GE 2016 in a coalition Govt. .....
Pinky oredi said he would never ever dream of sharing power with any party or person....end of discussion.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky oredi said he would never ever dream of sharing power with any party or person....end of discussion.

If the poll results indicate a coalition Govt to take place, how can he say no? If he does not want to share power, simple. Boycott Parliament and walk out to leave the other party to run the country. Otherwise, what can he do?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After GE should come increase in GST, more foreigners flowing into sg and removal of all cooling property measures so that prices can shoot through the roof.
Pap wants GE fast so that they can go ahead with the above. Pleasing sinkies is a pain to them and they want to end it soon to show who's the masters.

And you can bet PAP will still win majority of the seats in the next GE.
Just as pap is predictable, so are gong sinkies.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am inclined to believe that PAP will retain most, if not all their seats in 2016...

However, i was informed by a spiritual arts believer that the 'other side' had found the PAP wanting, and power would be given to another....

Another leader? Another Party?

I don't know..... its like MacBeth..... no one can really know what the other side is trying to say....

Lest be assured, there will be change...... hopefully for the better......

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen a great deal of differing opinions of the upcoming political developments.
Let us all make some guesses and predictions:
Which oppo party will contest where? the likely candidates AND the resulting Score i.e. % of votes

....this is not a straw poll so it does not violate Parliamentary Elections Act.
P.S. Apologies to SPP for missing out - dun flame me. not intentional. I already corrected my post.

wah..... so early u want to test market er ? :confused:
u where from..?....WP, PAP...SDP..:biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not forget that WP could get fewer MP elected in 2016.
Probable causes may be: -
1) Insider job,
2) PAP wick tactics and traps such as use of ISA against political opponents, women touch, accidents (vehicles/ gangsters?) etc.
3) Self-implosion or internal fighting among members,
4) Vote fraud, and so on.

Be aware of those dangers...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Work to get a WP government elected.

Two things to wake up sinkees to vote for the WP
- Spread the news on 5 policies that hurt sinkees;
- Show how the PAP ministers are lavishing on themselves;

Psycho

Alfrescian