• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING : Democracy Fails, Martial Law Declared in SBF

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THAILAND_POLITICS_COUP_ANNIVERSARY.jpg

SBF Miltary coup: Fugitive ministers OverTheCounter and Winnipegjets says General Leongsam led PimpThai government into trap

BANGKOK (REUTERS) - Thailand's top generals lured the former government and its supporters into a trap by arranging peace talks between political heavyweights then seizing power in a coup moments later, a deposed minister said on Sunday.

Speaking to Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location, ousted Education Minister OvertheCounter said he was suspicious of army chief General Leongsam’s motives for declaring martial law on Tuesday, then calling all key players in the crisis to the negotiating table two days later.

"I felt something wasn't right. I tried to warn Pimp Thai Cabinet members, but I couldn't get the message across in time," OvertheCounter said.

"It was a trap. They'd planned it earlier, then they staged the coup and ordered the other Pimp Thai Party members to report to them. I knew something was wrong," he said, referring to the ruling party of ousted Prime Minister Joetys Shinawatra.

OvertheCounter was describing Thursday's meeting at the Army Club, a military social venue that's now the de facto seat of government.

Sources at those talks described how gun-toting troops rushed in to secure politicians, activists and even journalists as General Leongsam abruptly left, then appeared on television to say negotiations had collapsed, so the army had seized power.

"This must have been prepared for some time," OvertheCounter said, adding he suspected the opposition Demon-crat Party, an anti-government protest group and the royalist establishment had colluded with the army to overthrow the government.

Winnipegjets, another close ally of self-exiled billionaire and former premier Alamaking Shinawatra, and the driving force behind the deposed government, said he was unable to make contact with any of his associates and feared most were in military custody.

He raised doubts about whether the "red shirts", the formidable pro-Alamaking/Joetys protest movement, would be able to regroup and fight against the takeover, as they had vowed, because their leaders were being held.

He said the coup was unlike others in SBF’s recent history because the army was stamping out dissent, muzzling the media and deploying swift measures to arrest anyone with potential to disrupt their rule.

"This is very serious indeed, it's very bad," Winnipegjets said. "There are several military units out to arrest me. It seems they'll detain a lot of people and we don't know for how long. It's going to be very oppressive."

Winnipegjets added, "No one wants this suppression of the SBF members. I hope there won't be oppression and harsh measures against them. We don't want to see violence or casualties because those who will be suppressed are those who want democracy and did nothing wrong."

OvertheCounter raised doubts about General Leongsam’s political reform path and said any constitution or new legislation would be designed to sideline the Alamaking/Joetys Shinawatra family and its allies and end their more than a decade of electoral dominance.

"Any election after that would be meaningless," OvertheCounter said."The system will be designed so no matter which party people vote for, it won't be able to form a government."

Alamak, I got drag into the dirt!!!!! Why??????

I am neutral ....I am United Nations, Switzerland. I support no one even though I speak my mind.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Winnipegjets, another close ally of self-exiled billionaire and former premier Alamaking Shinawatra, and the driving force behind the deposed government, said he was unable to make contact with any of his associates and feared most were in military custody.

He raised doubts about whether the "red shirts", the formidable pro-Alamaking/Joetys protest movement, would be able to regroup and fight against the takeover, as they had vowed, because their leaders were being held.

He said the coup was unlike others in SBF’s recent history because the army was stamping out dissent, muzzling the media and deploying swift measures to arrest anyone with potential to disrupt their rule.

"This is very serious indeed, it's very bad," Winnipegjets said. "There are several military units out to arrest me. It seems they'll detain a lot of people and we don't know for how long. It's going to be very oppressive."

Winnipegjets added, "No one wants this suppression of the SBF members. I hope there won't be oppression and harsh measures against them. We don't want to see violence or casualties because those who will be suppressed are those who want democracy and did nothing wrong."

I thought I was allied with everybody that is anti-PAP? If you hate the PAP, I am allied with you. I even give you points, without you asking or expecting.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kee, are you mscitw? He also liked to transmorgrify articles.

Thank goddess Peppertail is no longer moderator. He would have chucked this into trivia folder. Winnipegjets and i were very upset.

Where is Peppertail? I prefer to call him PepperCrap as he was just that. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OTC/Winnie... now happy? Swee boh :biggrin:

Can de-stress now? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Happy? Definitely not! Why you drag me into this conflict/coup/etc? I live a happy-go-lucky existence. Now you made fugitive ...I don't have that much money like Thaksin ...cannot jet here and there.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wahlao :*: Like that also upset ah....Ok ok ... limpei prepare another article to glorify both of you...Wait ok.. :biggrin:

Thank you for your article which features us. HAHA!

Also, what I really meant was, Winnie and I were upset with PEPPERTAIL over-stepping his authority as moderator last time by chucking good threads into the Trivia Bin. HEHEHE!!! You misunderstood my meaning!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Thank you for your article which features us. HAHA!

Also, what I really meant was, Winnie and I were upset with PEPPERTAIL over-stepping his authority as moderator last time by chucking good threads into the Trivia Bin. HEHEHE!!! You misunderstood my meaning!!

That Lasup Pastor blur cock lah :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nicks who died in the greatest civil war of this forum

Scroobal
RIP 30-08-2014

Thick Face Black Heart
RIP 30-08-2014

JHolmesJr
RIP 30-08-2014

Debonerman
RIP 31-08-2014

GoldenDragon
RIP 31-08-2014

Kingrant
RIP 01-09-2014

I wasn't even aware that there was a civil war ...they will return in some form eventually. There is nowhere else for them to vent ...either they vent or they go berserk.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chon now released liaoz. Thanks to rev. Con hee blessing! See? Believe in rev. Con hee sure boh dai jee one.

Now hor, bobian lor, have to kena house arrest lor
Thanks to ah chon supporters. Democracy will never die!