• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustafa boss' luxury home is 10 storeys tall

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustafa's business model works very well for the area it is in. As long as that area - Little India/Serangoon Rd - remains as is, then Mustafa will continue to thrive, particularly since it pays no rental but might collect rental from others.

Mustafa is in effect a one-trick pony where its business model cannot be replicated anywhere else nor is its owner seemingly interested in replicating it anywhere else. But it is a highly successful one-trick pony.

People who visit Mustafa inevitably go there for a purpose. In other words, 90% of the walk-in customers would likely walk out with a purchase. (I have made just 1 visit to Mustafa, 2 years back. I went over to get something specific, discovered it was stocked there but was shocked that it was quite expensive. Nonetheless, because I had made the visit, I bought it and walked out. I can't see a need for me to return.) You compare this to regular shopping malls, where perhaps only 20-30% of the pedestrian traffic goes in and buys something; most other people are at malls to window shop.

Interesting. That may explain why they have just one store in S'pore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giant belongs to gold storage....or rather both under the same parent dairy farm. shop and save is the other chain the group. So dairy farm corners the market catering to different niche....machiam like Armani with emporio and ax.

Hey Sarong, do proper research, shop and save no more, no point mentioning.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The success of Mustafa is evidence of a good PAP government which allows businesses to thrive and those who are hardworking to succeed.

Without PAP, Mustafa would probably not have succeeded and provide so many jobs for fellow Singaporeans.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy brought Metro and Isetan to its knees. They went for image and location. He went for cheap labour and a dumb of a location. They went to the wholesalers to hold the price and he went for parallel import. They drove their expensive cars to their offices and their country club, he walked everyday from his store to Kampong Java Rd where he had his house.

Everyone benefited from his low prices. Then he widened his range of essentials especially medical supplements and that along pushed his margins even higher.

Yes, he is a model of old-time enterpreneurs.
Nowaday, young enterpreneurs and affluent technocrats think of branding, promotion, marketing rather than making customers affordable.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
The success of Mustafa is evidence of a good PAP government which allows businesses to thrive and those who are hardworking to succeed.

Without PAP, Mustafa would probably not have succeeded and provide so many jobs for fellow Singaporeans.

Not true, lah. He provides jobs big time to foreign ah nehs from India. Go talk a walk in his shopping centre and see all the foreign ah nehs swarming the place.

He succeeds due to his acute business sense, not because the paps made it happen for him. It is an insult to him. If so, all businessmen in sinkieland would have succeeded like this guy.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mustafa succeeds becos of PAP?

My fuck he did.

This guy is modest and humble and do business to succed. Unlike all the PAP scum bags who are opportunity seeking bastards who use the same old tried Lee methods to succeed at others expense.

That's where the BIG difference between rich men and rich bastards.

And you are the latter but without the 'rich' to go with the word bastard.LoL

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustafa goods not exactly cheap cheap. But there are some electronic items there rather cheap but are meant for foreign markets as they not cover by local warranty or power voltage not meant for spore. They treat every customers a thief, even with bulk purchase, the security will insist to check and count to tally against the receipt despite the sale guy follow customer out.

mustafa also a good place to change USD small denomination notes for US trip as they accept USD payment from tourists or ship crews.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
his handphone dept is dying for sure. his bookstore dept is hardly anywhere close to the type of sales at HV or even IMM. his buffet biz at the roof is a shame.

not all his biz are thriving.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many tua pau sian here. that's for sure. :wink:

the whole joint is a fecking fire hazard, yet the authorities close an eye on the potential disaster waiting to happen. so in a way, you must thank the pap for allowing this danger to thrive. :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the whole joint is a fecking fire hazard, yet the authorities close an eye on the potential disaster waiting to happen. so in a way, you must thank the pap for allowing this danger to thrive. :p

Scdf followed pap masters exampl of leegalised corruption.....am sure someone is on the take for this 'oversight'

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

why you think it is more unsafe then other similar places?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
They treat every customers a thief, .......

You have a point....I think this tying up of plastic bags and personal bags is fkin ridiculous and I still took it in my stride...until the day I saw them let in an angmo without doing the same. Had chat with the security chap in his tiny control room (a chinese chap surprisingly)....highlighted this ridiculous profiling.

I think my words may have had some effect...since they have eased up a bit since then.

The prices arent cheap but it does offer everything you need. I wouldnt go there for one item since adding the cab fare or petrol expense already wipes out any savings. It's the sort of place where you go and get a whole lot of shit at once.

jw5

Loyal
Absolutely Agree. I am with you on this. :wink:

You have a point....I think this tying up of plastic bags and personal bags is fkin ridiculous and I still took it in my stride...until the day I saw them let in an angmo without doing the same. Had chat with the security chap in his tiny control room (a chinese chap surprisingly)....highlighted this ridiculous profiling.

I think my words may have had some effect...since they have eased up a bit since then.

The prices arent cheap but it does offer everything you need. I wouldnt go there for one item since adding the cab fare or petrol expense already wipes out any savings. It's the sort of place where you go and get a whole lot of shit at once.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun't noe wat so big deal on this guy 10 storey home ....

my home is 28 storey I never sing and dance about it