• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman want to borrow money for wedding from Minister Sham, he told her fuck off

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Minister Sham should know that weddings are expensive in singapore thanks to his PAP govt. driving up the cost of everything. And rich minister, paid millions of dollars salary by the taxpayer (of which this woman is one), cannot lend a few thousand $ for this woman's wedding? Not give it to her, she wants to borrow it. Why? Minister Sham is getting very high interest rate on his deposits meh? I am sure he is not. Even his parallel investments with GIC also not doing well. Charge this woman 10% interest lah, good for his investment portfolio to earn this rate. Also good for the country because this woman can now marry and start a family and breed sons for the SAF. Its an all win situation mah. Is Minister Sham afraid the woman will not pay him back? Seriously, who dares to offend the Minister. For sure, he is the Law Minister, he will get paid back or else there are rooms full of lawyers working for him that will be more than happy to bring the lady to court. Even better, it will make him look like a kind hearted MP, so that might save his seat in the next elections. Maybe with all of the Minister's divorce and fucking around, could it be he does not believe in the institution of marriage?

Anyway, this is a new twist on PAP propaganda. It seems that Sham has been arrowed to belittle the common man, and to make everyone think what crap the govt. has to put up with and how lucky we are to have the PAP and how unworthy we are to be their serfs. Not too long ago, he was complaining about the weird requests that his embassies receive from sinkies overseas. Now he is complaining about the weird request he receives on his facebook. Next he will be complaining about the weird sex requests he receives from fellow apunehs from the workers dorm. I guess its too much to hear a minister praise sinkies for some thing, anything, even if its minor and insignificant. They praise FT table tennis players, FTs like Malaysian generals get top military awards, they praise the swiss, the Japs, etc. I guess hell will freeze over before we hear a nice thing said about sinkies.

Minister for Law and Foreign Affairs K Shanmugam shared with his Facebook followers that a woman wrote in to him a few weeks ago and asked for money to pay for her wedding.

In his Facebook post on Aug 11, he said the woman, who asked to borrow money from him, was not someone that he knew.

The woman had written in to him, seeking his help as a MP.

Her request got him thinking about the pressures to conform to expectations.

He wrote:

"She said that her family wanted a nice wedding.

"And there was family pressure on her. She didn’t have the money.

"This request set me thinking. I felt bad for her- as a result of pressure from family, peers, she is going to get into debt over her wedding.

"And she had got to a stage where she was prepared to ask someone whom she did not know at all.

"Pressure to conform to expectations can be tough."

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let's address the heading and remove all the other stuff and put things in perspective.....
would you lend money to someone you don't know :confused:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
if everything is gg law by law. why are they begging for votes and buying for votes when it is clearly an act of corruption?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
she should and tell pinky keep hoarding so much for fark? how big can his coffin fit that much $$? just promist to burn some $$ to him on his way down.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lets address things in perspective......a wedding in my opinion is one of the worst investments ever.....u want a wedding,fine,u want a wedding and blow 100k on it impressing some ridiculous people and u can afford it....fine even though i think the money could be put to so much better use for most ordinary folks.....u want a wedding and u want to blow a whole chunk of money on but u cant afford it so ur going to dig urself into a huge debt,that has to be the goddam stupidest thing ever.

i will never ever in my life give my money to somebody to invest into something as stupid as a wedding.....not when he/she is going into debt and has absolutely nothing to show for it.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
So an mp exploiting her plight for, what, exactly? Showing no secret is safe with him? Telling the world he told her to fuck off? The inept clowns simply just don't know when to shut up

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I would tell her to fuck off too. The good minister did the right thing.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sham did not read between the lines.
she was willing to fuck and suck him if only he could have given the money.
He probably will get invited to the wedding too.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would anybody lend her the money? It's not an issue of a rich minister to whom a few thousand dollars is dispensable. It's a question of prudence- whether anybody who happens to have the means to practically give money away just like that.

Even for myself with relatively modest means would never thought of borrowing money to or from anybody.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sham did not read between the lines.
she was willing to fuck and suck him if only he could have given the money.
He probably will get invited to the wedding too.

Its not worth the trouble at all. For a bj/fj, loan a few grand to a stranger with no assurance of returning the money.

You know what they say about a fool and his money?

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shamu shoukd have directed her to pappy crony David Poh....sure get discounted interests

Why should a politician get embroiled in the ugly matter at all? Here we see what a shrewd politician Shamugam is. That's why he is a Minister earning millions and the rest of us are mere keyboard warriors.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should a politician get embroiled in the ugly matter at all? Here we see what a shrewd politician Shamugam is. That's why he is a Minister earning millions and the rest of us are mere keyboard warriors.

Shrewd? If indeed shrewd he could have turned crisis into opportunity instead of sharing on fb.
We all know vile pappies good at twisting and distorting facts.....
Likely the woman only asked for help with a loan and not a handout.
Going to your mp for that is not out of line.....