• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fenerbahce name Ismail Kartal as new head coach

AceFrehley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Fenerbahce name Ismail Kartal as new head coach

444278_heroa.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Aug 12, 2014 20:07:00

The 53-year-old has stepped up from assistant to take over the role from Ersun Yanal, who resigned over the weekend

Fenerbahce have announced Ismail Kartal will step up from assistant to become head coach at the Super Lig champions.

The 53-year-old has been part of the backroom staff at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium since 2010, having spent a decade at the club during his playing career.

Ersun Yanal resigned from the head coach position over the weekend, despite winning Fener's 19th Super Lig title in his sole season in charge.

And his former right-hand man Kartal says he is more than ready for the challenge that lies ahead and is fully focused on helping Fener win back-to-back titles for the first time since 2004-05.

"I have worked very hard and waited a long time for this chance," he said. "We had great success with Aykut [Kocaman] and Ersun in the past four years.

"I will concentrate on my work and the championship, we will be fully prepared for the league."

Kartal's first competitive game in charge will be against fierce rivals Galatasaray in the Turkish Super Cup before they begin their title defence on August 31 against Karabukspor.