• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Left With $1.8k to Support Family of 6, Including Retrenched Hubby, SG Become Suicida

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]HOW DOES THE GOVERNMENT DECIDE WHO SHOULD RECEIVE GST VOUCHERS?[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Aug 2014 - 4:19pm

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,

Recently our Singapore Govt have launched the GST Voucher. I can see that alot of Singaporean benefit from this & people around me are happier than before.

But I'm not happy. I was not given the GST Voucher. I hold a stable job with monthly pay of $2080 + sometime OT + transport allowance.

It may sound alot but have our Govt considered the fact that after CPF deduction, I'm left with only about $1800 to hold on to a family of 6, my father-in-law (79yrs), my mum-in-law (77yrs), my husband (46yrs), daughter (12yrs), son (1.5yrs) & myself.

My father-in-law is too old to work. My mum-in-law is the primary care taker of my son. My husband is retrenched since last November & not able to find a stable job till now due to "english not so good, not young, not able to commit to work because of family commitment etc........" which are the reasons given by employer.
My girl is having PSLE this year, but I can't afford to let her go for tuition class. I have to withdraw her from "after school student care centre", school bus services as I could no longer afford.

My son, nothing much to say. Just the nagging from my mum-in-law that I have to listen for taking care of my son while I'm at work.

I hate myself to be in this world having to spend money the moment i open my eye. (Does that sounds familiar?) That is the phase that Singaporean is familiar with.

<ins id="aswift_2_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_2_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_2" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_2" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I have even though of ending my life due to the stress that I'm facing. But I know I can't. I can't leave my family to die.

I'm afraid that I might lose myself anytime and I'm not sure what support there is for me and my family.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to make life easiler for my family of 6, I would very much appreciate hearing your ideas.

I feel that there is very little support for people like me who are stretched thin but not classified as "poor" enough by the government to receive any financial aid. Even if my
personal income is not deemed "low" it is simply not enough to support my family.
Stressed Singaporean
TRS Contributor

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Left With $1.8k to Support Family of 6, Including Retrenched Hubby, SG Become Sui

0507_a13.jpg

You Stinkees die early lagi better! I can bring in more of my favourite FT pets! *hee*hee*

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Left With $1.8k to Support Family of 6, Including Retrenched Hubby, SG Become Sui

My husband is retrenched since last November & not able to find a stable job till now due to "english not so good, not young, not able to commit to work because of family commitment etc........" which are the reasons given by employer.
From what I can see, the main cause of their financial problems is "husband's engrish not so good".

You cannot blame the PAP for that. The husband should have put in more effort to learn how to speak and write BBC English when he was younger. He probably wasted his time on trivial pursuits instead.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The moral of the story, being single is the best.. can still go out kopi with friends daily..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not able to commit to work because of family commitment etc........"

what do they want? chicken or egg? commit to work so they can commit to family, or commit to family so they can commit to work? the indecision and not being able to prioritize and compartmentalize are a huge problem with loser sinkies in general. :rolleyes:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Z
what do they want? chicken or egg? commit to work so they can commit to family, or commit to family so they can commit to work? the indecision and not being able to prioritize and compartmentalize are a huge problem with loser sinkies in general. :rolleyes:

They want their 3 meals at Mcdonald restaurant. It isn't too much asking

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Z

They want their 3 meals at Mcdonald restaurant. It isn't too much asking

i recommend a donut meal at j.co so they can get their money's worth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 276

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

0507_a13.jpg

Hey, You, TS .. You forgot 'guess the race'

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i also thought of ending my life many times.....can the government sent more GST vouchers my way?one a month may be enough to stop my eventual suicide at bedok reserviour.

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

$1.8K on Germany to win the WC last month would have given them a breather.

gambling_2968835k.jpg

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The moral of the story, being single is the best.. can still go out kopi with friends daily..

There's a price to pay for Sinkies getting married especially with kids.
Right now with the rising cost of living in Sillypore plus the job instability has been affecting a lot of Sinkies.

20 years ago, many Sinkies are happily married and join the long queue for their HDB flats.
Little did Sinkies realized that the FT policy that they have been ignoring has greatly affected their lives in the furture.

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what were the odds on the match?

You don't want to know really. Opening odds was like around 4.++ sinkie dollars but changes as tournaments progresses. Part of my duties is to troll bookmakers websites. :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hubby is bum that's all, no such thing as cannot find work, at this level even $800 cleaner's job is a welcome reprieve. He must be good in bed or else just dump him and instantly three less mouths to feed on $1800.00 simple. WTF is she thinking?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't want to know really. Opening odds was like around 4.++ sinkie dollars but changes as tournaments progresses. Part of my duties is to troll bookmakers websites. :biggrin:

4.++ means what?4 to 1 on germans winning?

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

4.++ means what?4 to 1 on germans winning?

SGD$4.00 will get punters $40.00 per $10.00 bet. Can't remember how many cents it was. Only remembered it was $4 plus. For Championship winner, means Germany to win the WC.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have even though of ending my life due to the stress that I'm facing. But I know I can't. I can't leave my family to die.

I'm afraid that I might lose myself anytime and I'm not sure what support there is for me and my family.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to make life easiler for my family of 6, I would very much appreciate hearing your ideas.

I feel that there is very little support for people like me who are stretched thin but not classified as "poor" enough by the government to receive any financial aid. Even if my
personal income is not deemed "low" it is simply not enough to support my family.
Stressed Singaporean
TRS Contributor

DONT KILL YOURSELF NEEDLESSLY

PAP CAUSED YOUR MISERY AND YOU SHOULD TAKE AT LEAST ONE OF THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO
GET A BOTTLE OF PETROL AND THROW OVER A PAP AND BURN THAT BASTARD AND HE WILL BECOME YOUR SLAVE IN AFTERLIFE

Take a PAP with you

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what were the odds on the match?

The ODDS were for the 8 goals vs Brazil, was $150 I think....if Andy dad took all his Ang Pow Money of $500....it would be 500 x 150 = $75,000. ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hubby is bum that's all, no such thing as cannot find work, at this level even $800 cleaner's job is a welcome reprieve. He must be good in bed or else just dump him and instantly three less mouths to feed on $1800.00 simple. WTF is she thinking?

Whom they did they listen to? whom did they VOTED for??.....got tow over 65 years at home, they get PIONEER package plus $250 +$250 on 30 July 2014. Two old foggers, that will be $1,000....

PAP so good, looked after them....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The ODDS were for the 8 goals vs Brazil, was $150 I think....if Andy dad took all his Ang Pow Money of $500....it would be 500 x 150 = $75,000. ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

$500 where got enough?he is a hardcore gambler okay?"my dad bet all my savings on germany"