• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

Marchisio

Alfrescian
Loyal

Real Madrid perfect for Pogba - Desailly

20 May 2015

847533header.jpg

Real Madrid would be the perfect club for Paul Pogba if the midfielder leaves Juventus, according to former France international Marcel Desailly.

Pogba is in demand after his displays for Juve this season, which have helped keep Massimiliano Allegri's men in the hunt for three trophies including the UEFA Champions League.

Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have all been linked with moves for the 22-year-old France international.

Desailly, who enjoyed a successful career with the likes of Milan and Chelsea, feels Pogba may want to stay at Juve – but Real would otherwise be the ideal suitors.

"I think either he stays, because he has three more years with Juventus, they're in the final of the Champions League [and] they won Serie A," Desailly told Perform.

"Why would he want to move from there? Unless a crazy club comes in and puts big money on.

"City, I think, would be just for the money. Real Madrid would be for the prestige.

"Madrid is probably the best club for him, where the philosophy of the game is to play forward. If they play three in midfield - Isco, [Toni] Kroos and even [Luka] Modric - if he comes, Madrid could be tactically the best team for him to express himself. He would be an amazing player.

"The only problem he would have is, he likes to go forward, but on the left side you have Cristiano Ronaldo. If the new coach of Madrid comes and [Gareth] Bale plays on the left and you have Cristiano Ronaldo up front, then you have a bit of a problem [for Pogba] on that side where he likes to express himself most of the time.

"But if he leaves Juventus, Madrid is the best club for him. If you leave Juventus - I know Serie A is not the best league but it is a prestigious club - he needs to go to Real Madrid."

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

FIGC deny Genoa a UEFA licence

20 May 2015

847680header.jpg

Inter's hopes of securing a European place next season have been given a boost after Genoa were denied a UEFA licence by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).

Gian Piero Gasperini's side currently occupy sixth place in Serie A and looked set to benefit from Juventus and Lazio competing in the Coppa Italia final by taking the next European spot.

However, Genoa were not included in the FIGC's list of clubs awarded the licence required to represent Italy in continental competition, opening the door for Inter.

The decision is reported to have been made after the club failed to name a suitable stadium.

Roberto Mancini's side sit four points behind Genoa, but now look set for a battle with seventh-placed Sampdoria to earn a place in the UEFA Europa League.

Inter face Genoa on Saturday, before finishing their campaign against Empoli at San Siro on May 31.

The 13 clubs awarded a licence by the FIGC were Atalanta, Fiorentina, Inter, Juventus, Lazio, Milan, Napoli, Roma, Sampdoria, Sassuolo, Torino, Udinese and Verona.

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Genoa v Inter: Mancini´s men chase European berth

21 May 2015

848229header.jpg

Inter will look to boost their faint European hopes after a season of struggles when they travel to Genoa in Serie A on Saturday.

Roberto Mancini's side are four points behind their hosts with two games remaining, but the news on Wednesday that Genoa have not been granted a UEFA licence opens the door for Inter.

The Italian Football Federation's (FIGC) decision means that the side finishing seventh - currently Sampdoria, who are two points clear of Inter with two games left - will take Genoa's place in the Europa League, should the latter finish in their current position of sixth.

Inconsistency has blighted Inter's campaign under Mancini, leaving the head coach frustrated at times and keen to strengthen his options at San Siro.

Before any recruitment can take place the current squad need to inspire an end-of-season flourish, starting at Luigi Ferraris.

"Genoa will want finish the season as best as possible, it will be a tough match," Inter defender Danilo D'Ambrosio told Sky Sport Italia. "We only want one result and we will do anything to get it.

"Lately away from home we have been picking up a bit more, but we are also working to improve the performance at home, doing well at San Siro for us is very important.

"We are a young Inter that has to grow. But we have a great leader that we are trying to follow his lead."

Understandably, the mood at Genoa, who have lost just once at home in the league in 2015, will be one of disappointment after the FIGC's decision, Gian-Piero Gasperini's side having performed so well in the league this season.

Iago Falque has been the catalyst in their surge up the table with 13 goals in his debut campaign in Italy, form that has left the young Spaniard unsure what his future might hold.

"I do not know where I will play next year," he told La Voz de Galicia. "The transfer market is often unpredictable, if I were to see it would mean taking a risk.

"However, I'm happy at Genoa, I do not feel any pressure and feel at home."

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juventus v Napoli: Double winners prepare to celebrate

21 May 2015

848240header.jpg

Double winners Juventus will bid to keep the celebrations going on Saturday when they host a Napoli side still harbouring hopes of qualifying for next season's UEFA Champions League.

Having wrapped up the Serie A title at the start of this month, Massimiliano Allegri's men completed a domestic double on Wednesday with a 2-1 victory over Lazio in the Coppa Italia final.

A final home game of the season gives Juve the chance to enjoy the moment with their fans, albeit with little to play for in the remaining two league matches.

With the Champions League final against Barcelona still a fortnight away, Allegri may use this weekend's clash to rotate his squad, a move that paid dividends in the Coppa Italia final.

Allegri introduced Alessandro Matri from the bench against Lazio and the striker netted the decisive goal to end Juve's 20-year wait to lift the trophy.

"The characteristics of this team is that everyone has to be ready, even if they play five or 10 minutes," Matri told Rai Sport.

"This trophy [Coppa Italia] was deserved for the whole squad that worked so hard to get here. Now we prepare for the next challenge.

"The coach knows how to press the right buttons and the motivation comes by itself."

Napoli will hope to face an under-strength side to boost their chances of qualifying for the Champions League. Rafael Benitez's team trail Lazio – currently third – by three points and will hope to apply some pressure ahead of the Rome derby on Monday.

Turin is not a happy hunting ground for them, though, with no league win at Juventus since 2009 and they have failed to score on their previous three Serie A visits.

Speculation around Benitez's future has clouded the build-up for the visitors, the Spaniard linked with a move to Real Madrid as a potential replacement for Carlo Ancelotti.

Benitez's agent has denied those rumours and insists he is fully focused on returning Napoli to continental competition.

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serie A Preview: Radu in doubt for crucial Rome derby

22 May 2015

848502header.jpg

Lazio could be without captain Stefan Radu for next week's blockbuster showdown against Roma in the Serie A's Derby della Capitale.

Stefano Pioli's Lazio - third in the standings - will face second-placed Roma at Stadio Olimpico in Serie A action on Monday and are sweating on Radu's fitness.

Radu failed to see out the match as Lazio were overhauled 2-1 by Juventus after extra time in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday.

After opening the scoring, Radu hobbled off with a muscular problem in the 70th minute in the Italian capital.

The Romanian midfielder is now doubtful for the Rome derby, which pits second against third, and will almost surely decide who claims a UEFA Champions League group stage spot.

"For the moment I don't feel great, but hopefully tomorrow the test results will be positive," Radu told Rai Sport.

"We will certainly do everything for me to be ready against Roma on Monday, but we cannot say for sure yet."

Despite their Coppa Italia heartbreak, Radu insists Lazio head into the fixture full of confidence, adding: "[The] performance gives us so much confidence for the derby and, certainly, we will do even more to win."

Lazio and Roma met in January, playing out a 2-2 draw after the latter erased a two-goal deficit.

It is party time for Juventus, who are on track for the treble, as they prepare to host Napoli on Saturday.

Juve's Coppa Italia triumph - their 10th - secured the club's second trophy of the season, having cantered to Serie A glory.

Victory for fourth-placed Napoli would keep their Champions League hopes alive, with Rafael Benitez's men three points behind Lazio with two games remaining.

Genoa versus Inter is the only other match scheduled on Saturday, and it could determine the destination of the final UEFA Europa League place.

Usually the top five positions guarantee European football but after champions Juventus and Lazio contested the Coppa Italia final, the Europa League spot was passed down one position, meaning Genoa are in the box seat to compete in UEFA's second-tier tournament next season.

Genoa are four points clear of eighth-placed Inter, while Sampdoria - who travel to lowly Empoli on Sunday - are only two points off the pace.

On Sunday, fifth-placed Fiorentina can make it four wins on the bounce with victory at Palermo.

Milan host European hopefuls Torino, cellar-dwellers Parma entertain Hellas Verona, Chievo go head-to-head with Atalanta, Udinese play Sassuolo and relegated pair Cesena and Cagliari face-off at Stadio Dino Manuzzi.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milan v Torino: Shadow of Ancelotti hangs over Inzaghi

22 May 2015

848659header.jpg

As Milan prepare themselves for the final home game of a troubled Serie A campaign, reports of Carlo Ancelotti's return continue to circulate.

Despite winning the 2014 UEFA Champions League at the end of his first season at Real Madrid, speculation mounts that Ancelotti could pay with his job for failing to repeat that feat this time around.

Ancelotti lifted Serie A in 2004 in his first stint as Milan coach, as well as the Champions League twice, but the club have looked a long way from those glory days under Filippo Inzaghi.

A legend as a player - mostly under Ancelotti's management - Inzaghi has failed to reinforce that status as a coach and reports in the Italian media have suggested he is set to be replaced by his former boss.

Milan goalkeeper Diego Lopez, who joined from Real last August, is full of praise for Ancelotti, but is hesitant to be drawn on the future of either man.

"All the Milan fans and everyone all over the world knows what a great coach Carlo is," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"I am sorry for his season in Madrid. I don't want to talk about this because I respect our coach Pippo Inzaghi."

Milan languish in 11th, with no chance of securing European football, but Marco van Ginkel wants to ensure a positive end to 2014-15 in front of the San Siro faithful.

"The last match of the season at home to Torino will be important for us and we want to collect three points," he told the Milan Channel.

"It's important that we end the season well. This year it has been hard for us and for the fans and for this reason we want to win the last home match of the season for the fans.

"We did well against Roma [a 2-1 win] and the atmosphere at the stadium was really great. I hope that we're able to do the same against Torino. They're a good side but we can win. But let's think about winning, that's what counts."

Milan will be without top scorer Jeremy Menez through suspension, while Giacomo Bonaventura and Suso are also banned after picking up red cards in the 3-2 loss at Sassuolo last weekend.

Torino will also have to contend without their top marksman, with 13-goal Fabio Quagliarella absent through a thigh injury, while Alexander Farnerud underwent surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on Wednesday.

Giampiero Ventura's men are ninth and still harbour hopes of UEFA Europa League qualification with two matches remaining.

Torino will have to improve on their recent dismal record against Milan, though, with no win against their opponents in the last 14 outings, since a 1-0 home success back in November 2001.

Another defeat for Milan - which would be the fifth in the last sixth games - would fuel further speculation about Inzaghi's departure as the shadow of Ancelotti continues to hang over the club.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Allegri compares Juve to class of 2003

22 May 2015

848687header.jpg

Massimiliano Allegri has compared his Juventus side to the team that reached the UEFA Champions League final 12 years ago as he prepares for "a night to remember" when Napoli visit Turin on Saturday.

Juve completed a Serie A and Coppa Italia double by beating Lazio after extra time on Wednesday and will show off both trophies to their fans this weekend.

The Italian champions will aim to complete a remarkable treble by beating the might of Barcelona in the Champions League final in Berlin on June 6.

Juve will be in their first Champions League final since 2003 and Allegri has drawn comparisons between that star-studded team, which included the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Edgar Davids and Lilian Thuram, and the current crop.

The Juve coach said: "It will be a night to remember. We'll be presented with the Scudetto and parade the Coppa Italia in front of our fans.

"Hats off to the players for the season they've had and are still having. It's not over yet.

"It's an important year for the club. There's a lot of enthusiasm amongst the fans around the city."

He added: "The 2003 and 2015 Champions League final Juventus sides are similar in terms of character."

Gianluigi Buffon played in the Juve side that was beaten on penalties by Milan in the 2003 final at Old Trafford and the Italy goalkeeper will replace Marco Storari for the clash with Rafael Benitez's men.

Despite having one eye on facing Barca next month, Allegri stressed that his side will not be taking it easy in their final two Serie A games.

He said: "Juve against Napoli is important to improve the team's technical level and maintain our unbeaten home season in Serie A.

"We need to get the right balance between training and matches, keeping our players in the right condition."

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stankovic denies talk of Inter return

22 May 2015

848495header.jpg

Udinese assistant coach Dejan Stankovic has distanced himself from a return to Inter, though the Serb will not rule out a future move to Milan.

Stankovic is working alongside former Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni at Stadio Friuli this season after hanging up his boots in 2013, and the 36-year-old has already been linked with a return to the San Siro.

The 36-year-old called time on his career after nine years at Inter, where he won 15 trophies, including five Serie A titles and the UEFA Champions League.

But talk of a reunion with Inter coach Roberto Mancini is premature, according to Stankovic, who said: "An article came out claiming I would be reunited with Mancini on the bench, but that's light years away from it actually happening.

"I am fully concentrated on these last two games of the season with Udinese but you never know in life.

"Is Mancini the right man to relaunch Inter? Absolutely the right man for the job."

Inter are eighth in the standings, four points adrift of Genoa, who occupy the sixth and final UEFA Europa League qualifying spot with two matches remaining.

Stankovic added: "I hope with all my heart that Inter can qualify for the Europa League.

"I have a weak spot for Inter, which is only normal, as I played there for 10 years and know the club well. I wish them all the best."

RudiGarcia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez would be ´happy´ to manage Real - agent

22 May 2015

848496header.jpg

The agent of Rafael Benitez - Manuel Garcia Quilon - revealed his client "would be truly happy" to manage Real Madrid amid growing reports of an off-season departure from Napoli.

Benitez's future in Naples has been clouded for some time, with Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic tipped to replace the Spaniard, who has emerged as a contender to move to Real.

Carlo Ancelotti is expected to leave the Santiago Bernabeu following a trophyless season in Madrid, a place where Benitez worked as a player (Real Castilla 1974-81) and coach (Real B 1993-95).

And while Quilon told Spanish TV channel Cuatro "at the moment there is nothing, it's all just general rumours" he said the two-time La Liga-winning coach with Valencia would be open to a return to the Spanish capital.

"Rafa was a Real Madrid player, he is from Madrid and was a coach of their B Team, so I doubt anyone would be unhappy with that history," Quilon said.

"I am not inside his head but I think he would be truly happy to manage Real Madrid one day."

Benitez, who's Napoli remain in the hunt for UEFA Champions League qualification with two matches left in Serie A this season, guided Valencia to La Liga titles in 2001-02 and 2003-04, while he also won the UEFA Cup during his spell at the Mestalla.

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milan adopt cryogenic chamber

Milan are installing a new cryogenic chamber to help prevent and limit the impact of injuries.

22 May 2015 FootballItalia

997165-19270886-2560-1440.jpg

A general view of San Siro stadium (Reuters)

The Rossoneri have long been known for their innovative techniques in Milan Lab, even though they tend to have more injuries than most clubs throughout the season.

The latest approach is sending players into a room at -30 degrees Celsius for 30 seconds, then for two minutes into another room at -110 to -160 degrees Celsius.

“It can even halve the recovery time from muscular lesions, strains, contusions and lumbago,” explained Marco Tonini of Sapio Life.

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hernanes: I will stay at Inter until I win something

hernanes-inter_pw7fhgvr1o111q6zolqb1nbz5.jpg

May 23, 2015 08:42:41

The 29-year-old is desperate to be a success at San Siro and thanks coach Roberto Mancini for keeping faith in him throughout his injury problems

Hernanes says he won’t be leaving Inter until before the club’s walls are plastered with photos of him holding trophies aloft.

The Brazil international joined the club from Lazio in a €20 million move in January 2014 but has endured trying times at San Siro, with the Nerazzurri currently trying desperately to salvage European qualification following yet another disappointing season.

Inter have two games to make up the two points that separate them from Sampdoria in the final Europa League slot, and Hernanes is hoping to help get the club back on track after regaining his form following a tricky start to life in Milan.

“I have no intention of leaving until I have a picture of me hanging here at [the training grund] while I lift a trophy,” the 29-year-old told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I was annoyed [at my form when I first joined]. I have never failed in my life. I wanted to be a football player ever since I left my hometown of Recife. And I have never accepted the idea of failure.”

His initial struggles to replicate the sort of form he had shown at Lazio were in no small part down to persistent injury problems, which he says his new club have helped put behind him.

And the former Sao Paulo man went on to thank coach Roberto Mancini for keeping faith in his ability to lead the club back from a disastrous start.

“When I was injured and not fit, maybe I disappointed [Manicni], but I was pleased that his idea has always remained that of quality football,” he said.

“For me, it was a victory to win back his approval. I was always talking to him even when I was not playing.

“My [resurgence] is thanks to the mental coach Sandro Corapi. I now understand that you have to think less and act more on instinct.

“At first I focused heavily on technique and did not recognize myself in my body. It seemed that I was an object to take forward, like a trolley... I have found the right balance in knowing myself."

Inter travel to Genoa on Saturday hoping to get back to winning ways following last week's home defeat to champions Juventus.

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mancini: We can build a great Inter team

robertomancini-cropped_18c546lriwqyg164fs4l89hvl3.jpg

By Harry West
May 22, 2015 20:11:27

The coach says he and president Erick Thohir will be looking to make big improvements to the squad in the summer and is still hopeful of qualifying for the Europa League

Roberto Mancini says he and Inter owner Erick Thohir want to build a great team for next season, but stresses they cannot afford to make mistakes in the transfer market..

Since his return to San Siro in November, Mancini, who won three league titles with Inter in his first spell at the club between 2004 and 2008, has struggled to guide the side to a consistent run of form.

Inter are still in with a chance of qualifying for next season's Europa League, as they sit four points behind the last European spot with two games to go.

However, the coach says both he and the club's president want to take the team a step higher.

"Thohir wants to build a great side and that is great to hear from my perspective," Mancini told reporters. "The coming months will be important. We need quality reinforcements that can give the team what it’s missing right now.

"If we find players with the right characteristics, we’ll be able to improve the existing players in our squad as well. It won’t be easy, but we need to make transfers befitting of Inter, with our objectives clear in our minds.

"We’re on the right track and can’t afford to make any mistakes. It's not easy to find these people, sometimes you can find a player you think is useful, but it takes time and you have to make a few mistakes to find those players like that."

While his side may be in danger of missing out on a European spot, the 50-year-old is happy with the progress they have made since he took over.

Mancini said: "We have improved, but we know that we still need to take a step forward. Playing at San Siro is not easy but we need to work on that type of situation because being the home side should be an asset that makes a real difference.

"We’ll keep moving forward – the future is very clear to us. We know what we need to do."

The last Europa League spot is currently occupied by Genoa, whom the Nerazzurri face on Sunday.

"We have two games left to play, but unfortunately our chances of qualifying for Europe are not just down to us. We’ll try to get the result in Genoa and hope that the other teams slip up," Mancini added.

"It won’t be easy, but anything can happen and we’ll do everything possible to get the three points."

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti will return to AC Milan if Real Madrid sack him - Berlusconi

carlo-ancelotti-silvio-berlusconi_1mbhb99w24fi31cao2xtdwrtop.jpg

By Peter McVitie
May 23, 2015 17:17:14

The Serie A side's owner has revealed the coach will come back to the club and replace Filippo Inzaghi if he is axed at the Bernabeu

Carlo Ancelotti will return to AC Milan this summer if he is sacked as Real Madrid boss, according to Silvio Berlusconi.

The Italian coach looks set to be sacked by the Santiago Bernabeu side after their last game of the season against Getafe on Saturday, and Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has said he is contact with him.

Ancelotti has long been linked with a return to the Rossoneri, where he won two European Cups as a player and a further two Champions League titles as coach.

Club president Berlusconi insists he would be delighted to welcome the 55-year-old back to Milan, currently coached by Filippo Inzaghi, should he find himself out of work this summer.

“I am not a fan of comebacks. We have had them in the past and they never worked,” Berlusconi said to Napoli TV.

“But I still have a strong personal friendship with Carletto. He will also have some personal assistants to help him.

“I think it will be a positive comeback. If Real Madrid let him go, then he will return to us.”

Milan take on Torino on Sunday in their penultimate Serie A game of the season.

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

'I'm going to Madrid' - Galliani hints at Ancelotti meeting

galliani_11qmci1k97eoj1vjv4lj0bi6ka.jpg

By Alec Fenn
May 25, 2015 00:21:27

AC Milan's CEO is heading to the Spanish capital on Monday but wouldn't confirm or deny if he would be seeing the former Rossoneri boss

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has hinted at a meeting with Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti in the next couple of days.

The former Rossoneri boss has been linked with a return to San Siro over the past week, with club president Silvio Berlusconi claiming on Saturday he would pursue a move for the coach.

Ancelotti is expected to be sacked by Madrid this week, while Milan boss Filippo Inzaghi's future is in serious danger despite Sunday's 3-0 win over Torino.

And Galliani revealed he is heading to the Spanish capital but wouldn't confirm the purpose of his trip, despite not-so-subtle suggestions he might bump into the Blancos boss.

"Tomorrow I go to Madrid," he told reporters. "There are two great friends who last year competed in the final of the Champions League with very good players.

"But I won't tell you what I'm doing. In Madrid there are many things to do. I did not say I will go to Madrid to see Ancelotti, we will see what happens.

"It saddens me and Berlusconi to see Milan in mediocre positions. We'll roll our sleeves up this summer and get the club back to number one in Italy and then internationally."

Milan have been linked with Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic and Monaco's Geoffrey Kondogbia, and Galliani joked about a potential detour on his way back from Madrid.

"Mandzukic lives in Madrid, Kondogbia is in Monte Carlo. Maybe we stop on the way?

"We've never been short of resources in the transfer market and as usual they will be available again."

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inzaghi pleads Berlusconi for more time at Milan

filippo-inzaghi-milan-roma-serie-a-09052015_19ysw4jbjza1d1mkjrsip41ics.png

By Alec Fenn
May 24, 2015 23:29:12

The coach is expected to be sacked at the end of the season but remains convinced he can prove a success at San Siro

AC Milan boss Filippo Inzaghi has pleaded with the club's hierarchy to give him another season to turn the club's fortunes around.

The Rossoneri beat Torino 3-0 at San Siro thanks to a Stephan El Shaarawy double and Giampaolo Pazzini penalty, despite Cristian Zaccardo being sent off in the first half.

However, Inzaghi is still expected to be dismissed this summer after failing to qualify for Europe and his side sat 10th with one league game of the Serie A campaign remaining.

He told reporters: "I have to say that the team was always right behind me and for a coach making his Serie A debut like me that is something special.

"I have a contract. Until I am told otherwise, I will continue. If I am given time, I am convinced that I can take Milan back to where it was.

"It’s not easy to transform everything, but the squad has solid foundations to build on for next season. I just hope that I can stay on because I have a lot more to give and these club colours are inside my heart."

Inzaghi also commented on Silvio Berlusconi's remarks on Saturday after the Milan CEO claimed he would offer former Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti a deal once he departs Real Madrid.

"I did hear that, but nothing has been told to me other than to continue my work," he added. "I want to give a sense of consistency to the latest performances.

"What can you say about Carlo Ancelotti? I talk to him regularly and he made history for Milan. If there is talk of replacing Ancelotti at Real Madrid after he won the Champions League, then obviously there will be talk of me getting replaced!

"If I’m given the chance to continue at Milan, then great, otherwise I will continue this profession elsewhere.

"I think for a coach the most important thing is to have the players on your side. There have been more important and prestigious coaches than me who struggled here. I can only hope and say that this is a fantastic profession."

A summer of upheaval is expected at San Siro, with the playing squad in need of major surgery, but Inzaghi warned money won't solve all of the club's problems.

"We cannot think that one or two star names can change everything. We have to work as a team. It’s a shame the season is ending now, just as we were finding that unity."

RudiGarcia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lazio cry over referee decisions - Garcia

rudi-garcia-roma-juventus-serie-a-02032015_32t4un24pazmz1tyv9njwid3.jpg

By Alec Fenn
May 24, 2015 22:05:42

The Frenchman took more than one swipe at Roma's fierce rivals as they prepare for a battle to potentially decide automatic Champions League qualification

Roma boss Rudi Garcia has accused Lazio of "crying" over refereeing decisions in their first encounter earlier this season ahead of Monday's crunch derby clash.

Garcia's side are already assured of a place in next season's Champions League after Napoli's defeat to Juventus made a top three finish mathematically certain.

However, the team who finish in second position will automatically qualify for the competition's group stage rather than going through a play-off prior to the new season.

Roma go into the game in second place, a point ahead of Lazio, but Garcia was visibly annoyed at the praise lavished on Monday's opponents ahead of the game.

"I think Lazio are the favourites and everyone says so," he told reporters with a sarcastic tone.

"People say they are the best team and play the best football in Italy. People act as if they’ve already won the game. They say we need at least 12 men just to have a chance of winning against them.

"Tomorrow there will be two sides of a high level and probably the best referee in the world. This is good, as last time Lazio won with an irregular goal after crying and crying about decisions.

"We are the away team this time at the Stadio Olimpico, but the fans are well behind us as we saw today outside the training ground.”

Garcia also hopes the presence of several Rome-born players in his side will give them an edge in what is expected to be another highly-charged meeting between the two rivals.

He continued: "I love this jersey and give all of myself as long as I am here. I hope tomorrow the fans and directors too will push this team into the Champions League.

"The great thing about the derby in a city with two great teams is that for a whole week everyone’s brains are fizzing with excitement. Having Roma fans in the squad is an advantage, as they can transmit how important this game is.

"Is this my most important match at Roma? I don’t think so, it’s not a final, but I do want to consider it as the last of the season.

"The players know full well we are in this profession to take part in games like this. We can’t wait for the derby to start."

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toni on track for Hellas Verona´s maiden golden boot

25 May 2015

850180header.jpg

Hellas Verona striker Luca Toni claimed it would be "a great satisfaction" to win Serie A's golden boot award, after moving to the top of the standings.

Toni, who has been linked with a move to Australia's A-League when his contract expires at the end of June, struck a brace on Sunday to secure a 2-2 draw away to Parma.

The double took Toni to 21 goals for the season, one ahead of Inter's Mauro Icardi and Carlos Tevez of Juventus, with those three players the most likely to end the season as golden-boot winner after next week's final round of 2014-15.

Toni has scored 41 goals over the past two seasons since joining Hellas from Fiorentina.

"Winning the top scorer would be a great satisfaction for me and for the team, because it is about them if I made 21 goals," the 37-year-old forward told Hellas' website.

"Never any [Hellas player] has become top scorer in Serie A. It would be nice to succeed."

After Parma moved 2-0 ahead in the 36th minute on Sunday, Toni's 42nd-minute header ensured Hellas trailed by only a goal at the break.

Toni then converted a penalty in the 80th minute to clinch a point for the visitors.

Hellas will finish their campaign against Juventus, meaning Toni and Tevez will go head-to-head for the golden boot award, while Icardi will come up against Empoli's defence in Inter's final match.

Reports in Australia last week claimed Toni has been offered to Adelaide United, as the A-League club look to mirror the success of Alessandro del Piero with Sydney FC in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

El Shaarawy eyes Italy call-up

25 May 2015

850276header.jpg

Stephan El Shaarawy spoke of his "immense satisfaction" after scoring twice in his first Milan start for four months and hopes he is rewarded with an Italy call-up.

The striker has endured an injury-ravaged season, making only 18 appearances for Filippo Inzaghi's underperforming side.

El Shaarawy made up for lost time on Sunday, though, with two clinical finishes in Milan's 3-0 Serie A victory over Torino in what would appear to be Inzaghi's final home game in charge.

Italy coach Antonio Conte was present to witness El Shaarawy's impressive display and the 22-year-old is eyeing a call-up for the Euro 2016 qualifier against Croatia and the friendly with Portugal next month.

"It was an immense personal satisfaction, to score again after four months out and to be back playing is a wonderful satisfaction, and to score two goals even more so." he said.

"I am happy for the team because we wanted to end on a high in front of our fans. The objective is to be consistent with our performances, I am happy to be back and to be fit without problems.

"I feel fine now and I hope to start off again next season with this desire and this mentality. I am hoping for a call-up to the Italian national side in June and I am pleased that the Italy coach Antonio Conte was here today.

"It's now down to me to be consistent."

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pazzini in the dark over Milan future

25 May 2015

850325header.jpg

Giampaolo Pazzini admits he remains in the dark over his Milan future, but would like to remain at San Siro.

The striker scored his 100th Serie A goal in Sunday's 3-0 victory over Torino, as Stephan El Shaarawy returned from a four-month injury lay-off with a foot injury to net twice.

It remains to be seen if Pazzini will stay at Milan next term, though, with reports in Italy suggesting the former Inter man will depart for pastures new.

But the 30-year-old insists nothing has been decided yet.

"The future? No one has communicated anything yet to me, we shall see. Everyone knows that I am happy here," he told reporters

"I'd like to know too. For five or six months the papers have been writing that I will leave, so maybe they know something more than me."

Speaking on his landmark goal, he added: "It's an objective that I've been chasing for a while. I managed it and it happened with the captain's armband.

"[Christian] Abbiati gave me the captain's armband before the match and said you now have to score your 100th.

"To score 100 goals with the captain's armband makes it a very special evening. My friends and family were all in the stands. Abbiati is one of the leaders in the dressing room. His was a nice gesture."

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inzaghi eager for Van Ginkel stay

25 May 2015

850490header.jpg

Filippo Inzaghi wants Marco van Ginkel to return to Milan as he comes to the end of his season-long loan switch from Chelsea.

The Dutch midfielder moved to San Siro in June with his chances of forcing his way into Chelsea's first team appearing to be slim.

Milan coach Inzaghi, whose position is under threat after a poor first season in charge, would like to see Van Ginkel back at the club next season after being impressed by the 22-year-old.

The former Italy striker said: "Unfortunately he is not our player. But he has grown a lot.

"He has played seven or eight games in a row and we are starting to see a great player. He does really well in training.

"Chelsea have great midfielders and he is in need of playing.

"My will would be if possible to keep him because he can give us a big hand."

Injuries have restricted Van Ginkel to only 17 appearances for the Serie A club.