• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

close best friend did not turn up for brother's wake.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wakes are overrated. It's another stupid Chinese way to flaunt wealth: material wealth and social wealth.

I would very much prefer the Muslim way: no fuss, no muss, no wakes, no bands, dead and buried on the same day.

agreed. don't understand why die also need to celebrate. i would rather go straight from mortuary to the graveyard. Best for everyone, the dead, the family and others.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just seeking opinions.
my brother passed away.
however, my closest best friend did not turn up for the wake.
he was free.
not even a text message to send his condolence.
i was very surprised and shocked.
should i ask him or just let things be the way it is?
frankly, this has affected my level of faith and trust and friendship with him.
please speak frankly.

I was not allowed to attend the wake of my uncle when he passed away. Reason being my mum ask me to stay away from the wake as my wife is going to give birth soon the next day . :mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was not allowed to attend the wake of my uncle when he passed away. Reason being my mum ask me to stay away from the wake as my wife is going to give birth soon the next day . :mad:

So what will happen if you had attended the wake? Your deceased uncle's spirit will follow you home then attach himself to your wife's tummy and be reincarnated as your newborn child? :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
At least, he, his mum and his wife won't think so. :p

So what will happen if you had attended the wake? Your deceased uncle's spirit will follow you home then attach himself to your wife's tummy and be reincarnated as your newborn child? :rolleyes:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course not. They are just being superstitious.

Happy things like giving birth to a healthy baby is much joyful occasion to a person who is dead. I feel rather sad as i couldn't be there to help out. BTW, i grew up with them. It a kin ship things.

They believe that death is no good. It might bring harm to my new born. It is according to their belief.

To me, i believe that giving birth to a life represent a new dawn for people around them. It conquer death and sorrowful matters. I told my mum that though it is sorrowful, but she must remain optimistic as we celebrate the coming of young life, which is her grand child.

As they believe that it might bring bad luck to me if i visit them, so i do respect their decision not to go. It might affect them.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pray for your best friend to die soon, preferably violently (like ken langga lorry driven by reckless FT driver)
then purposely dont attend his funeral. Problem solved