• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do people post picture of food in FB ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they posts selfie pix, it is to showoff oneself, I understand.
Why do people always posts food ? What is their purpose ? :confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Because they're lives are so devoid of meaning that food is all they have to talk about.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You not happy with Joetys? :rolleyes:

not not happy , but just wanted to find out the reason behind.
When someone post other things, e.g. own picture, picture of scenes, is mostly to let people know where they have been, etc
But food, i really cannot think of any reason, cos I had never in my life , for once, taken any picture of food.
Telling people what I have eaten is like telling people how many times I have pangsai for the day :smile:

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food is enjoyed by many people and eating can be a happy event/celebration. People posts photos of what they eat/come across to share their experiences, or horrors. Of course, it is better to invite their friends to share the makan.

Cheers!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Food is enjoyed by many people and eating can be a happy event/celebration. People posts photos of what they eat/come across to share their experiences, or horrors. Of course, it is better to invite their friends to share the makan.

Cheers!

But all the food picture are already easily available from food makan websites.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose they wish to share with their friends what they've experienced. Say you go to a car show, you take of photo of an exhibit, you may wish to show to your friends what you saw even though they could go to the company's website to see it. It doesn't cost anything these days besides one's time to download and post on site like facebook.

Cheers!

But all the food picture are already easily available from food makan websites.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a form of narcissism: "hey look, I'm enjoying this great food, my life is so much better than yours".

Social media brings out the worst in narcissists. Another form of manifesting narcissism is to portray yourself as being more 'popular' by having more (or more attractive) 'online friends'.

Last but not least are selfies. Nothing more needs to be said.

blogger-image--1214767149.jpg

Screen+Shot+2013-08-15+at+11.12.14+AM.png

1911915_10202399077515758_1450068694_n.jpg

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a form of narcissism: "hey look, I'm enjoying this great food, my life is so much better than yours".

Social media brings out the worst in narcissists. Another form of manifesting narcissism is to portray yourself as being more 'popular' by having more (or more attractive) 'online friends'.

Last but not least are selfies. Nothing more needs to be said.

blogger-image--1214767149.jpg

Screen+Shot+2013-08-15+at+11.12.14+AM.png

1911915_10202399077515758_1450068694_n.jpg

this is total oppose of po2wq saying it is not to show off.
This is extreme showoff man !

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they posts selfie pix, it is to showoff oneself, I understand.

I thought a reason ..food look so nice, if they never take pix and post, they think a while more it will become shit..so they take first

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is an obsessed bragger about what he eats that he posts his food photo almost every day here.

But at least he contributed. In a forum full of text and vulgarities, his photos are a great relief to many.