• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Serious Brunei Sultan Deeply Regrets Not Hiring John Tan Food Catering For Crown Prince's Wedding! Served Rotten Food To Brunei Students! Now Kena Cursed!

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah on Tuesday (Feb 6) urged all parties to take lessons from the recent incident of students and public servants receiving stale rice and maggot-infested food during the recent royal wedding procession of son Prince ‘Abdul Mateen and Pengiran Anak Isteri Anisha Rosnah Adam.

The Sultan, chairing a special joint Supreme and Working Committee meeting for the royal wedding ceremony at Istana Nurul Iman, said the matter is highly regrettable especially with netizens expressing their dissatisfaction on social media to an extent of throwing insults that are seditious.

The monarch was grateful that the royal wedding had been held.

“I am made to understand that the Supreme and Working Committee as well as students, teachers and public servants were highly committed to ensuring that the ceremony, especially the Royal Procession, went well.

“I wish to express appreciation on the tireless efforts and pray that Allah the Almighty will repay all the good deeds with multiple rewards.

“However, I was shocked to hear about stale rice and food infested with maggots as well as mouldy bread given to students and public servants,” he said.

“I am holding this meeting today as there are people still talking about the incident. I fully understand the despair and commotion among parents. Certainly no one wants their children to consume stale food.

“Alhamdulillah, Allah the Almighty has given them direction not to consume such food. If they consume such food, certainly they will experience food poisoning and many students will be rushed to hospital,” the monarch said.

The monarch added that it is not adequate to say that no students had been reported to suffer food poisoning. What should instead be stressed is that all participants received proper meals.

“It is regrettable to note that the matter involved students, who were not able to find alternative sources of food on their own, compared to public servants.

“I am convinced that the root cause of stale rice and maggot-infested food was due to carelessness in food preparation. I was made to understand that the food was prepared a day in advance.”

The monarch asked, “Isn’t it harmful to those consuming it?”

The Sultan said several schools also kept food in places with no shade, thus exposed to hot weather and flies.

“The incident also went viral on social media and was irresponsibly exaggerated, as if all the food provided by suppliers were contaminated, whereas I was made to understand that the affected food came from only two suppliers.

“It is highly regrettable, especially when a segment of the public, especially some netizens used social media to air their grievances to an extent of throwing incitement and lashing out at the Supreme Committee, Secretariat and Working Committees.

“Members of the royal family also received such accusations even though we entrusted those involved to ensure all went smoothly.

“‘Nasi sudah menjadi bubur’ (the rice has turned into porridge), meaning it is already too late and can’t be undone. We should instead take lessons from the incident,” the monarch said.

He also asked, “Was the food supply planned properly?

“The committee should think about worst case scenarios. Did the parties concerned have any alternative methods or plans if the worst case scenario occurred?

“There needs to be an assessment of the companies before determining how much food is expected of them.

“I was informed that there were companies tasked to distribute over 9,000 meal packages, while others over 6,000, over 5,000, over 4,000 and so on.”

The monarch said since the quantity was huge, assessments must be made prior to assigning the numbers to the companies.

“First, evaluate the ability of the suppliers, including the number of staff and equipment.

“All these must be examined first. It is important to remember the risk if the supplier is incapable or does not have the experience and equipment.

“In a large-scale event involving a large number of school students and public servants, if the food is contaminated and there is no other alternative, participants will starve.

“If an event requires participation from more catering companies, then they must guarantee that the service provided is of the highest quality.

“I do not want the government expenditure to harm the government as well as other parties. I do not want to criticise or point fingers. I believe that each party tried their best.

“But I believe there are still aspects that need to be improved to ensure that every event will run smoothly from the start to the finish,” the Sultan said.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplu...-maggots-infested-food-incident-brunei-sultan

Loofydralb

Corruption in Brunei?

And his ministers lying to him? A day old food cannot have maggots.

Is this sultan stupid or what?

k1976

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah on Tuesday (Feb 6) urged all parties to take lessons from the recent incident of students and public servants receiving stale rice and maggot-infested food during the recent royal wedding procession of son Prince ‘Abdul Mateen and Pengiran Anak Isteri Anisha Rosnah Adam.

The Sultan, chairing a special joint Supreme and Working Committee meeting for the royal wedding ceremony at Istana Nurul Iman, said the matter is highly regrettable especially with netizens expressing their dissatisfaction on social media to an extent of throwing insults that are seditious.

The monarch was grateful that the royal wedding had been held.

“I am made to understand that the Supreme and Working Committee as well as students, teachers and public servants were highly committed to ensuring that the ceremony, especially the Royal Procession, went well.

“I wish to express appreciation on the tireless efforts and pray that Allah the Almighty will repay all the good deeds with multiple rewards.

“However, I was shocked to hear about stale rice and food infested with maggots as well as mouldy bread given to students and public servants,” he said.

“I am holding this meeting today as there are people still talking about the incident. I fully understand the despair and commotion among parents. Certainly no one wants their children to consume stale food.

“Alhamdulillah, Allah the Almighty has given them direction not to consume such food. If they consume such food, certainly they will experience food poisoning and many students will be rushed to hospital,” the monarch said.

The monarch added that it is not adequate to say that no students had been reported to suffer food poisoning. What should instead be stressed is that all participants received proper meals.

“It is regrettable to note that the matter involved students, who were not able to find alternative sources of food on their own, compared to public servants.

“I am convinced that the root cause of stale rice and maggot-infested food was due to carelessness in food preparation. I was made to understand that the food was prepared a day in advance.”

The monarch asked, “Isn’t it harmful to those consuming it?”

The Sultan said several schools also kept food in places with no shade, thus exposed to hot weather and flies.

“The incident also went viral on social media and was irresponsibly exaggerated, as if all the food provided by suppliers were contaminated, whereas I was made to understand that the affected food came from only two suppliers.

“It is highly regrettable, especially when a segment of the public, especially some netizens used social media to air their grievances to an extent of throwing incitement and lashing out at the Supreme Committee, Secretariat and Working Committees.

“Members of the royal family also received such accusations even though we entrusted those involved to ensure all went smoothly.

“‘Nasi sudah menjadi bubur’ (the rice has turned into porridge), meaning it is already too late and can’t be undone. We should instead take lessons from the incident,” the monarch said.

He also asked, “Was the food supply planned properly?

“The committee should think about worst case scenarios. Did the parties concerned have any alternative methods or plans if the worst case scenario occurred?

“There needs to be an assessment of the companies before determining how much food is expected of them.

“I was informed that there were companies tasked to distribute over 9,000 meal packages, while others over 6,000, over 5,000, over 4,000 and so on.”

The monarch said since the quantity was huge, assessments must be made prior to assigning the numbers to the companies.

“First, evaluate the ability of the suppliers, including the number of staff and equipment.

“All these must be examined first. It is important to remember the risk if the supplier is incapable or does not have the experience and equipment.

“In a large-scale event involving a large number of school students and public servants, if the food is contaminated and there is no other alternative, participants will starve.

“If an event requires participation from more catering companies, then they must guarantee that the service provided is of the highest quality.

“I do not want the government expenditure to harm the government as well as other parties. I do not want to criticise or point fingers. I believe that each party tried their best.

“But I believe there are still aspects that need to be improved to ensure that every event will run smoothly from the start to the finish,” the Sultan said.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplu...-maggots-infested-food-incident-brunei-sultan
John Tan Food Indistry will be invited to take over Brunei market thru his atas banking dynasty link and good grassroots credentials

He so rich he can afford to shout halal KFC for every Brunei citizen
Brunei monarchy raya open house, you salam the king and get food packets and go home.
I suppose for the common folks, the wedding they attend just to get packets of food. You do not get to eat at the residence. Like a proper malay wedding.

John Tan Food Indistry will be invited to take over Brunei market thru his atas banking dynasty link and good grassroots credentials
hanor, his f&b business caters to many grass-looters events and true to his form, oso provides styrofoam tarpow boxes for good measure :wink:

PAP is planning to help SME towkays like me expand overseas and establish colonies. Brunei is a suitable market, given how fucked up their food caterers are.

hanor, his f&b business caters to many grass-looters events and true to his form, oso provides styrofoam tarpow boxes for good measure :wink:

A few years ago, I met up with environmentalist sifu Greta Thunberg. Since then, I've switched to using paper food boxes instead of styrofoam.

hokay, now that you don't dare, pse use less oil for the nasi lemak sambal as it stains syed's grab thermal bag and wastes sabun and water :thumbsup:

k1976

PAP is planning to help SME towkays like me expand overseas and establish colonies. Brunei is a suitable market, given how fucked up their food caterers are.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...s-to-navigate-uncertainties-president-tharman

SINGAPORE – Business leaders seeking growth can find opportunities even in an increasingly uncertain world, if they spread their eggs and avoid excessive pessimism or overly optimistic views of the global markets, including China.

Speaking on Feb 10 at the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s (SCCCI) Chinese New Year celebrations, President Tharman Shanmugaratnam said the international market will be the main source of growth for businesses in Singapore, and a source of prosperity for the country.

However, businesses need to avoid looking at the world in black-and-white terms as they navigate a more uncertain and unpredictable climate.