• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So funny, SAMMYBOY forum Error 524 again

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
With VPN or without VPN same same.

With Safari or CHROME or Firefox same same.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's me. i posted a couple of entries in the emigration folder about pinoy behaving badly, and the server crashed. :o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dat burger said changed his timing 2 crash @ 5am, but never kept his promise ...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With VPN or without VPN same same.

With Safari or CHROME or Firefox same same.

Yeah it was my fault sorry about that.

I was setting up rsync to do a week's worth of backups to the database and I had to stop the database while setting it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync

Should the database go down, I now have 7 days of backups from one day old to 7 days old.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
He must have realised that everyone was logged on at 5am discussing the 3am match. :biggrin:

I know the timing was bad but once something finally works, you want to finish off the job rather than take a break and then when you come back it's not working again.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hallo ground control to major leong
this is ground control do you hear me?

[video=youtube;xcyuKUtgyZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyuKUtgyZ8[/video]

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah it was my fault sorry about that.

I was setting up rsync to do a week's worth of backups to the database and I had to stop the database while setting it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync

Should the database go down, I now have 7 days of backups from one day old to 7 days old.

isnt redundant server sync with duty server time to time without fail?
why do you require manual sync to backup?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmoh technology is like that FORD - fixing or repair daily.

Go get Jap or Chinese technology lah!

angmoh are the worst.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

It's not manual. It has always been automated.

In the past it was programmed such that the database was copied every 24 hours.

The problem with this is that if the database ends up corrupted just before it is copied, then the copy would also be corrupted. I will always have one more copy but that would a week or so old so if I lose the current database, I potentially lose up to a week's worth of data.

With this new schedule, I will always have 7 copies ranging from 1 day old to 7 days old so if the database crashes, I would lose at most 1 to 2 days of data.

The downtime last night was because I was configuring this schedule and creating a fresh copy.