• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gold : Is it trending up?.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this theory is correct, Gold's big swings (up or down) will be inversely correlated to China's SSE.
Gold went up US$40 yesterday after SSE dropped 33pts (1.6%).

Dear Leader Krafty, SSE crashed 1.34% again today. Gold price is 1303 now.
wanna test the theory again and see if gold will edge-up tonight?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i quit gold speculation already, cannot catch ball this year...my humble advice to others is also stay out.:o

Dear Leader Krafty, SSE crashed 1.34% again today. Gold price is 1303 now.
wanna test the theory again and see if gold will edge-up tonight?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I treat gold as money and buy physical coins and bars as saving.

I do not really care about the price; I am betting the 5000 year history of Gold as money to win the short history of paper monopoly money.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you noticed, US treasury yield also went down a lot, i think it's the treasury yield, they already know something is happening before hand, obama just ordered air strike on iraq at 0930hrs...

brother, the SSE big crash theory is right again. it really went up last night. close at 1313

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you noticed, US treasury yield also went down a lot, i think it's the treasury yield, they already know something is happening before hand, obama just ordered air strike on iraq at 0930hrs...
ya brother, that's why people said we don't need to guess. Shares big drop sure got reason, market priced in everything.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
nikkei crashed...

what's the reason bro? I hope not because of Ebola. Nikkei has no correlation with gold prices.

RUN has some good kind-hearted friends in the frontline defending singapore against bird flu and contagious diseases for lower pay in civil service instead of going into private practice. RUN pray that they will be safe.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i not sure, i think it has to be abenomics not working well.

and nikkei down, yen is up...yen is 2nd safe haven maybe due to new order of air strike on iraq.

what do you think?

what's the reason bro? I hope not because of Ebola. Nikkei has no correlation with gold prices.

RUN has some good kind-hearted friends in the frontline defending singapore against bird flu and contagious diseases for lower pay in civil service instead of going into private practice. RUN pray that they will be safe.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
i not sure, i think it has to be abenomics not working well.

and nikkei down, yen is up...yen is 2nd safe haven maybe due to new order of air strike on iraq.

what do you think?

If it is just due to abenomics, Russian sanctions or potential Iraq air strikes, then not big headache.

Ebola will be the "immediate failure" issue

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I treat gold as money and buy physical coins and bars as saving.

I do not really care about the price; I am betting the 5000 year history of Gold as money to win the short history of paper monopoly money.

Property better than Gold, my Froggy bro. Property cash flows into your pocket; Gold does not.

Caveat: But property, dun anyhow suka suka buy. Lousy property very hard to get cash flow.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/bre...affair-gold-may-be-over-prices-slide-20140912

India's love affair with gold may be over, as prices slide

[VANGAL] Kiran Laxman Salunkhe used to buy jewellery during religious festivals, but sliding gold prices have led the young Indian farmer to break with his family's traditional investment.
This year Salunkhe has deposited his hard-earned savings at the bank for the first time in a decade and bought farmland. "I bought jewellery when gold price was 32,000 rupees (per 10 grams) last year. Now jewellers won't pay me more than 27,000 rupees if I want to sell. Why should I invest in gold," said Salunkhe, who farms 15 acres of sugar cane in Vangal, a village 250 km (160 miles) south of Mumbai. "Nowadays it is risky to keep jewellery. Burglaries are rising," he said. "With a fixed deposit there is no risk." A one-quarter drop in local gold prices over the past year has shaken the confidence of Indians in the precious metal as a store of value and dented demand in the world's second-biggest buyer.
The main beneficiary has been Indian stocks, which have been clocking up records on hopes that Prime Minister Narendra Modi can deliver on the promise of "better days" ahead that swept him to power in May's general election.
Beyond short-term sentiment, a major push by Modi for every household to get a bank account, better education and living standards, and falling inflation expectations, could herald a more secular change in investing habits. "The attachment of Indians to gold will remain," said Harish Galipelli, head of commodities and currencies at Inditrade Derivatives and Commodities Ltd, referring to gold's culturally embedded role in dowry gifts or decorating Hindu temples. "But as the banking network expands and literacy rises, people in rural areas will explore other investment products like mutual funds or bank deposits. The mindset is slowly changing." If the national obsession with gold does fade that would help curb India's external deficits - gold is the second biggest item on the import bill after oil - and cap world gold prices that are trading sideways in 2014.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually gold n silver now very cheap.
I am so tempted to.buy physical gold n silver to keep leh.

My sister invested in this. She even bought me to seminar.
But I think that time the price very high. She jio my brother bought some silver at around 35 that time..see now. Lose 50% liao....

Aiya. Investment make people poorer.i think if I didn invest. I am richer than what I have now.....

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEWS HEADLINES

Gold fell to its lowest level in 7.5 months on Thursday, as European shares edged up and the dollar traded around a 14-month high while tensions in Ukraine seemed to be easing.

Source : OCBC Investments.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sister invested in this. She even bought me to seminar.
But I think that time the price very high. She jio my brother bought some silver at around 35 that time..see now. Lose 50% liao....

Aiya. Investment make people poorer.i think if I didn invest. I am richer than what I have now.....

Stupid greedy sister. Didn't you sponsored her house
AND she used the spare cash to buy silver n gold?
Orbi good lose money liao

But i think she will just keep asking u to bail her out
to prove that you are stupider than her
u think she love u? she love your money.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEWS HEADLINES

Gold fell to its lowest level in 7.5 months on Thursday, as European shares edged up and the dollar traded around a 14-month high while tensions in Ukraine seemed to be easing.

Ya this month is terrible
My gold n silver hit 4-years low
My profitable palladium crashed US$50 within 2 weeks
My hard metal miners lost 10-20% within 2 month

spend the money on women better.