• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Towncouncil said it's illegal to hold my mum's funeral at void deck but malay wedding

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content...y-mums-funeral-void-deck-malay-wedding-was-ok

TOWNCOUNCIL SAID IT'S ILLEGAL TO HOLD MY MUM'S FUNERAL AT VOID DECK BUT MALAY WEDDING WAS OK
Post date:
8 Jun 2014 - 8:17pm

<above pic: the spot where I want to hold my mum's funeral>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I want to share with you an experience that I had with West Coast Town council and the double standard that they clearly hold.

My mother passed away on the 6th of February and I had planned to hold her funeral wake at the void deck below my HDB block. In order to 'reserve' the void deck for this, I called the town council's 24hour hotline and they informed me that all I had to do was go down to one of the West Coast TC branches to make payment for the use of the void deck for the funeral.

So the next day at 8:30am, I went down to the Jurong West branch to make payment but was told by the Malay lady on duty that it is actually illegal to hold any event at the void deck nearest my flat as there was a preschool nearby. She said that if we did hold the event there, we could get arrested.

She instead told us that we should hold the funeral at another venue about 6 blocks away. I was frustrated when I heard this as my mother had just passed away and I was being given conflicting information from the lady at the branch and the person I spoke to on the phone the night before.

In the end, after some arguing about the misinformation that I had received, the town council manager organised for the nearby multi-purpose hall closer to my flat to be freed up to that we could hold my mother's wake there. Originally, there was some RC event on at the multi-purpose hall so we weren't able to do it there.

It was ok in the end and I didnt argue with the town council any further as I was able to hold my mother's wake closer to my flat.

However, what really pissed me off is that earlier this week, there was a Malay wedding being held at the void deck that I was told I could not use in February. Why is there such a double standard?

I was told that it was illegal to hold ANY event at that particular void deck due to the presence of the pre-school and the lack of space, we were even told we could get arrested if we held any event there. So why is a Malay Wedding allowed to be held in the exact same void deck?

Why is a Taoist funeral wake rejected, and we were told that it is illegal while now, a Malay wedding seems to have no problem. I never saw anyone get arrested at the Malay wedding! Why did they tell us we could get arrested if we held the funeral there?

I am rather piss of by the double standard of the town council!

Jazreel Neo Li Ping
TRS reader

Masturbation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Towncouncil said it's illegal to hold my mum's funeral at void deck but malay wed

Who did Jazreel vote for?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Towncouncil said it's illegal to hold my mum's funeral at void deck but malay wed

"'Reply with your vote. The time for talk has long passed

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh, West Coast Town Council. :rolleyes: :wink:

Just to let all of you know, a lot of precious void deck space has now been occupied by Home Improvement Program: offices, mockup showrooms, shower areas etc. Oh no, self-inflicted scarcity!

Better check with the PAP town councils and your neighbourhood Melayu community and tell your old folks to defer their death date in case of a date clash. :biggrin:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh, West Coast Town Council. :rolleyes: :wink:

Just to let all of you know, a lot of precious void deck space has now been occupied by Home Improvement Program: offices, mockup showrooms, shower areas etc. Oh no, self-inflicted scarcity!

Better check with the PAP town councils and your neighbourhood Melayu community and tell your old folks to defer their death date in case of a date clash. :biggrin:

KJ had 39% with just one appearance. Because many there are not peasants. A lot of private property. Same with CSJ at Holland.If he had not been a PR prostitute and ignored that by-election there is a high chance he will win it in 1 or 2 more GE

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

u have to pay to use the goddam voiddeck?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not? It's like renting a badminton court. Town Councils are not charities.

i had no idea our void decks are like the lobbies of shangri la hotel where couples hold their weddings at for a exorbitant fee.....i thought it was just some part of a structure like my ass is part of my body,some filthy disgusting place we had to go thru before we entered our residences.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Imagine holding a wedding on the same spot where a drunk has pissed or vomited on the night before. Nice image, no?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malays are bumiputera hence they have special rights.

Who are you fucking chink to question this!?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Imagine holding a wedding on the same spot where a drunk has pissed or vomited on the night before. Nice image, no?

Hey have some respect for our fellow sinkie mats.....this is a culture thing.....even fandi had a void deck wedding ok?

Now waiting for Jamban Jah to take the bait....

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Her block must b facing main road. Like my dad case. They issued then wanna rescind the next day. So much for kampung spirit n helping harmonious givedogfark society. Miw are ashamed of funerals.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

A wedding is a happy occasion so it's allowed. Funerals are depressing so they aren't.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Especially one originating from OXLEY...even those across the divide are waiting!:biggrin:

That will be a very sad day for me. I owe everything to LKY. He is my hero.