• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would take comments here with a grain of salt when no one back their words with evidence. In one forum I was reading, there was one guy posting all his bets ($500 - $1000) before the match and he was winning thousands of dollars. Needless to say, most members there are following his bets. I am not a gambler otherwise I too might have won a bit.:smile:

Do not post the amount you bet.

If you do that in a stock day trading forum the moderators will kick you out double quick timing.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do not post the amount you bet.

If you do that in a stock day trading forum the moderators will kick you out double quick timing.

This is not a stock day trading you moron.. This is a forum where people can post whatever they want. If you don't like it, it is your fucking problem, not theirs.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]World Cup's three highest paid coaches have been eliminated while the lowest paid man delights everyone[/h]<cite class="byline vcard">
BrooksPeck40-jpg_195547.jpg

By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – <abbr title="2014-06-27T02:24:05Z">Fri, Jun 27, 2014 10:24 AM SGT</abbr></cite>

• The Associated Press/Petr David Josek - Mexico's head coach Miguel Herrera celebrates after Mexico's Andres Guardado scored his side's second goal during the group A World Cup soccer match between …more Croatia and Mexico at the Arena Pernambuco in Recife, Brazil, Monday, June 23, 2014. (AP Photo/Petr David Josek) less

<!-- START 5_11 --> <!-- -->
<!-- --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->
For complete World Cup 2014 coverage visit Yahoo Sports and follow @YahooSoccer
The group stage of the 2014 World Cup has concluded and half of the 32 teams have gone home — including those assembled by the tournament's three highest paid managers. Meanwhile, the team led by the tournament's lowest paid manager is not only still in it, but he has arguably become the tournament's breakout star.
Here's the full list of what every World Cup manager is making this year as compiled by Forbes...
1be2fb80-fd9d-11e3-8043-0367e363bd23_Bqk2EHSCQAAodst.png
(Forbes)​
After resigning from the England job in 2012, Fabio Capello took up the Russia post and led it to the top of its 2014 World Cup qualifying group — edging out Portugal. At the start of this year, he was given a fat new contract that won't run out until after Russia hosts the 2018 World Cup. This year alone the five-time Serie A winner (as a manager) and two-time La Liga winner is making $11.2 million, which is nearly double what his England successor, Roy Hodgson, is making ($5.9 million).
4c7796a0-fd9f-11e3-9afc-03363c8a79fc_451282500.jpg
(Getty)​
Though Capello did manage to outdo Hodgson in Brazil — last in the group with two draws and one loss as opposed to last in the group with one loss and two draws — it wasn't quite the return on investment Russia likely expected. Especially in a manageable group that also included Belgium, Algeria and South Korea.
At least the third highest paid manager, Italy's Cesare Prandelli, offered to resign immediately after his side was eliminated. And he even got a win (against England)!
[Slideshow: Behind the scenes with Team USA in Brazil]
All together, only half of the top 10 best paid managers at this World Cup navigated their teams through to the knockout stage. But pulling up the rear of the list is Mexico's Miguel Herrera, who celebrated his way into the hearts of fans everywhere while leading a once hopeless El Tri through an undefeated group stage for the bargain price of $209,810.
Herrera's situation is a bit different though. He was appointed as an emergency interim manager last October when Mexico was on the verge of completely missing out on qualification. Once that horror was narrowly avoided, he signed on through the end of the World Cup, so his salary isn't for the full year. It seems likely that the Mexican federation would be willing to give him anything he wants after what he's done so far, but even if he doesn't get a pay increase, he can always subsidize his income with his ska lip syncing. Somehow.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uruguay will go all out to strangle the game. They will prob use their defensive 4/5/1 configuration they used against England. Without Suraz, that config will keep goals out but not have very much teeth.

For Colombia, they will prob play the 4/5/1 which they used against Greece. They won that match against Greece (3-0) which leads me to suspect they will be able to force an early goal and spread the game open.

The team I therefore makan 0.5 ball is Colombia. The hedge is over.

I was hoping to do something for the Brazil-Chile match. It however appears that many uncles are less than impressed with Brazil. Pools is sitting happy and not offering any odds I can work with.

Uruguay lost a key player ... Suspect they will not perform

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chile have conceded 11 goals in their three meetings with Brazil at the World Cup finals, an average of 3.7 per game.

Brazil have scored two or more goals in each of their last nine matches against Chile, netting 32 in the process (3.6 per game).

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uruguay have won six of their last eight encounters with Colombia (D1 L1).

Nine of Colombia’s last 11 goals at the World Cup have been scored in the second-half.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My first bet will be Brazil to win, with a small hedge on "draw".

Colombia I haven't decided how to bet, but will likely favour Colombia to win.

Over/under bets will be v v v small (if any)

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first bet will be Brazil to win, with a small hedge on "draw".

Colombia I haven't decided how to bet, but will likely favour Colombia to win.

Over/under bets will be v v v small (if any)

How about doing a 80/20 or 70/30 hedge? The former to bet on "sure" win team and the latter to bet on a more risky position. If your view is correct, the winning on the former might just offset the losing from the latter or might even derives a slight positive return. Or worse come to worse, all or nothing by the end of the day. Just my 2 cents, better than go naked bet.

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I makan Brazil and under. Pang Columbia and over. Good luck.

You're very brave to makan Brazil:

Brazil vs Chile

20th Nov 2013 Brazil 2 – 1 Chile

28th June 2010 Brazil 3 – 0 Chile

9th Sept 2009 Brazil 4 – 2 Chile

7th Sept 2008 Chile 0 – Brazil 3

7th July 2007 Chile 1 – Brazil 6

1st July 2007 Brazil 3 – Chile 0

24th March 2007 Brazil 4 – Chile 0

4th Sept 2005 Brazil 5 – Chile 0

8th July 2004 Brazil 1 – Chile 0

6th June 2004 Chile 1 – Brazil 1

7th Oct 2001 Brazil 2 – Chile 0

15th Aug 2000 Chile 3 – Brazil 0

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're very brave to makan Brazil:

Brazil vs Chile

20th Nov 2013 Brazil 2 – 1 Chile

28th June 2010 Brazil 3 – 0 Chile

9th Sept 2009 Brazil 4 – 2 Chile

7th Sept 2008 Chile 0 – Brazil 3

7th July 2007 Chile 1 – Brazil 6

1st July 2007 Brazil 3 – Chile 0

24th March 2007 Brazil 4 – Chile 0

4th Sept 2005 Brazil 5 – Chile 0

8th July 2004 Brazil 1 – Chile 0

6th June 2004 Chile 1 – Brazil 1

7th Oct 2001 Brazil 2 – Chile 0

15th Aug 2000 Chile 3 – Brazil 0

Hahaha. Ball is round and blind. Makan first. If level at HT then I pang.