• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Donald Low's hard choices

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...can't help but noticed that u were not very active during the period when scroobal went MIA....
since he came back posting again, he have also been rather active......
u must have missed scroobal badly.....just like me....

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahaha...can't help but noticed that u were not very active during the period when scroobal went MIA....

So are you going to read Donald Low's Hard Choices or are you going to insist on getting your history wrong?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you going to read Donald Low's Hard Choices or are you going to insist on getting your history wrong?
hahaha...I will be happy if Singapore history books are finally updated to correct version......
I am serious when I urged MOE to review this topic and take the necessary actions....
pse post the link.....

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...I will be happy if Singapore history books are finally updated to correct version......
I am serious when I urged MOE to review this topic and take the necessary actions....
pse post the link.....

Yes, SG has to review its history and tell the whole truth

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should also read the book, floating on a Malayan breeze by the co-author Sudhir Thomas. Its a new style of writing that I noticed that has emerged in recent years. In this case the bicycle journey and challenges on the way are interesting but the subtle and sometimes not so subtle digs at the establishment is the main theme. I suspect the new book will have somewhat innocuous veneer but one along academic lines.

The adage where you can tell a man by the company he keeps is also relevant here. For this new book, the book review and the book launch had George Yeo, Tommy Koh, Manu Bhaskaran and SR Nathan. Donald is a known critic but is with LKY School, Manu was involved in the Offical Secrets Acts Case that led to convictions that included Tharman and SPH staff. Manu used to work for Nathan in SID. Then you have PJ Thum, Rhodes Scholar, Olympian, Oxford , Harvard, Channel swimmer etc. This book alone shatters the concept of 6 degrees of separation.

At the end of the day, this book means something to each person that has been linked to it and I suspect it had to do with the human desire to seen as someone who is not blindly led. It also showcases the human need to be associated with people of identity.

I am sure I would have lost most people about what is going on.

In a nutshell, it is likely to be a book about "we know what is going on" but we are not going to upset the apple cart. We are therefore the cream of intelligentsia and recognise us for what we are.

Donald seems to be his own man. I think he will not blindly agree with LKY

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should also read the book, floating on a Malayan breeze by the co-author Sudhir Thomas. Its a new style of writing that I noticed that has emerged in recent years. In this case the bicycle journey and challenges on the way are interesting but the subtle and sometimes not so subtle digs at the establishment is the main theme. I suspect the new book will have somewhat innocuous veneer but one along academic lines.

The adage where you can tell a man by the company he keeps is also relevant here. For this new book, the book review and the book launch had George Yeo, Tommy Koh, Manu Bhaskaran and SR Nathan. Donald is a known critic but is with LKY School, Manu was involved in the Offical Secrets Acts Case that led to convictions that included Tharman and SPH staff. Manu used to work for Nathan in SID. Then you have PJ Thum, Rhodes Scholar, Olympian, Oxford , Harvard, Channel swimmer etc. This book alone shatters the concept of 6 degrees of separation.

At the end of the day, this book means something to each person that has been linked to it and I suspect it had to do with the human desire to seen as someone who is not blindly led. It also showcases the human need to be associated with people of identity.

I am sure I would have lost most people about what is going on.

In a nutshell, it is likely to be a book about "we know what is going on" but we are not going to upset the apple cart. We are therefore the cream of intelligentsia and recognise us for what we are.

Thank you for the recommendation

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it were me i would post more on the background on this donald low. It's not like ppl see this name and react like when they see michael jackson's name for example. Just a poorly started thread and one that speaks of arrogance by the TS like you're somehow supposed to know who he is and what books he wrote but at the end of the day we can draw our conclusions that the book is anti establishment and honestly speaking do we need to discuss this on a forum such as this?

Like how many discussions and articles do you need to read before you know PAP is fucked up when old uncles and aunties on the street that probably cannot even read in english know that.

Is this book going to affect and convince voters to vote differently? At the end of the day that is all that matters but some ppl just seem to get some type of orgasmic reaction whenever they have discussions on putting down the PAP when most ppl know that already.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have noticed this its like they aren't their own seperate personalities. Its like say when Michael jordan led the Chicago bulls they were nothing without him. It's so odd that every single of them has their personality all revolving around one nick and they aren't clones.