• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keep your head down and pay your taxes...

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think something needs to be done but my hands are full.
I am not cut out for work other than my job.
I am up to my eyeballs in terms of commitments so I cannot rock the boat.

Yesterday, an older and wiser friend told me. "Keep your head down, and pay your taxes ..."
At this time of the year, its about tax reporting and budgeting for next year's tax payments from your next year's income!
I thought WTF, does he think I what i am thinking or is he thinking that I am making so much money and am underdeclaring my tax???

Money in Singapore is a strange thing, you make more you spend more.
Make more also pay more taxes. Life like that is very difficult. Not easy at all.
No house, no car. only a HDB flat... still need to pay taxes.... sigh

But life in general is still good though, I have a nice dinner every night to reward myself and a beer or two on the Friday night and Saturday night out.
So has life been good to me? I think somewhat so. is there a reason to yearn for more?