• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Hen: RSAF has robust defence for SInkiepore airspace

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...But this will never happen. All these assholes are already arrowed to be future ministers and GLC CEOs, god forbid they catch a round in their backside. that is why all the other militaries in SE Asia look at SIngapore as a joke army.

Chairman Mao once said that power comes from the barrel of a gun. Look at Thailand, Burma, Iran, etc. Whoever controls the army pulls the power. Would you let someone hold the gun while you hold your balls? In some countries, the Generals are the real power behind the throne and they launch coup when buay song. In other countries, they are just paper Generals.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sea blockade also cannot work. All sea lanes near Sg are vital commercial sea routes to Japan, China, etc. Blocking these sea lanes will get the ah tiongs first coming after your arse with their fire power.

U are right, that is why I say the logistics is not possible. Imagine if the Indons try a surprise sea attack into singapore. First, they have to spend years to build up a 500 vessel strong and sophisticated Navy in secrecy. Than they have to train 100,000 marines and load then onto their navy. Than they have to sail their fleet in secrecy to singapore across some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world without being seen by other ships. Than after that, they have to show up off the East Coast because the beaches there are the only ones even half way capable of taking an amphibious landing. They have to manouervre all their assualt ships to avoid the hundreds of merchant ships anchoring off the East Coast and land troops on the East Coast beaches, all done in surprise. Ask yourself what are the odds of that happening? NIL.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Chairman Mao once said that power comes from the barrel of a gun. Look at Thailand, Burma, Iran, etc. Whoever controls the army pulls the power. Would you let someone hold the gun while you hold your balls? In some countries, the Generals are the real power behind the throne and they launch coup when buay song. In other countries, they are just paper Generals.

What you want are professional career soldiers in a professional army, like in the US or British army. But we don't have that here because its deliberately set up by the PAP to be this way, so that they can control the generals. A professional army run by independent professional soldiers may not obey the ruling party when asked to take to the streets and enforce martial law if they lose the elections. But an army, whose Generals are beholden to the ruling party, and who have no interest in actually being career soldiers can be controlled and manipulated by the party. Hence, we have the situation today. Does this make the security of SIngapore better of worse? Worse of course. When you do not have capable top leadership in an army, your odds of winning are greatly reduced. Than the next question you have to ask is why would the PAP do such a thing? The answer is that they don't anticipate any military conflict with any of the neighours in the present or forseable future. That is why they don't take it seriously.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No need to send our young recruits to die in foreign wars. Send the Generals first. Yankees will post them to the front lines. Some foreign photojournalists had seen or tasted more real wars than the paper Generals.

If you have not seen or tasted real war, how to lead young soldiers to war? It can be done if the pappies want it too. In medical profession, it is internship; in legal profession, it is pupillage. In military, some kaypohs say it is having your balls put on fire.

That's right, there are foreign reporters and photojournalist with much more battle experience than our Generals. Scared or not?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
... The answer is nothing. If SIngapore was only defended by the SPF and the regular standing SAF, that's 120,000 men under arms. And we are not counting reservist, AETOS, CISCO, etc. They need 3 to 1 to assure a successful attack, and they will not have the numbers. We would be rounding up the 200,000 odd Malaysians living in singapore. They will be hostages and human shield. It will be made very clear to the Malaysians that any military incursions will result in these hostages being the first to go.

Many AETOS and CISCO are chu hu kias working in SG. Would they want to defend SG to fight against their own country? If there are 200,000 odd bolehs in Sg but how many of them are Chinese? If 60% Chinese, they are probably sacrificial lambs. What is the use of holding them as hostages?

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, there are foreign reporters and photojournalist with much more battle experience than our Generals. Scared or not?

Some of them died in the fire fight which they had no reasons to be there but for their professionalism to bring the news to us. Truly the guys with the guts to be where the action is.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Many AETOS and CISCO are chu hu kias working in SG. Would they want to defend SG to fight against their own country? If there are 200,000 odd bolehs in Sg but how many are of them are Chinese? If 60% Chinese, they are probably sacrificial lambs. What is the use of holding them as hostages?

You are confused now. Is this going to be a country versus country fight or a race versus race fight? Answer me this question. I have assumed all this time we are talking country versus country, not race versus race, as this is the first time you mentioned it.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
..The answer is that they don't anticipate any military conflict with any of the neighours in the present or forseable future. That is why they don't take it seriously.

Truth is pappies do not see any real military threats from the neighbours. Konfrontasi is history now due to one mad fellow, Sukarno. Unlikely to have another Sukarno in foreseeable future. Pappies believe in diplomacy and neutrality, friends to all and enemy to none. Therefore, paper Generals are still Generals, better than to have an army without Generals.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
he made me feel like he is in star wars part 1, are you all sure he is talking about airspace and not outer space???:biggrin:

What, for all 710 sq km of airspace? LOL. Sinkie airspace is the most heavily defended airspace in the history of the world. Got missiles, fighters, AA guns, radar, AWAC etc. for 710 sq km. More heavily defended than Berlin in WW2, more heavily defended than Hanoi during the Vietnam war or Baghdad during GW1. Also most difficult to find, enemy fighter on supersonic will fly across SIngapore in 2 seconds, so they must approach slowly and carefully, easier for RSAF to shoot them. We are once again Lumber 1 in the world for something. This is where your $12 billion defense budget goes. Song Boh?

SINGAPORE: The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) has a robust air defence system to monitor the skies and protect the sovereignty of the country's airspace.

Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen said this in a written Parliamentary reply to Non-Constituency Member of Parliament Gerald Giam.

Dr Ng said RSAF works closely with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to detect and identify aircraft through its suite of radars before they enter Singapore's airspace.

If an aircraft veers off its flight path, a series of preventive measures will be triggered.

First, air traffic controllers will communicate with the aircraft to verify its reason for veering off its flight path.

If there are doubts regarding the intent of the aircraft or the aircraft does not adhere to air traffic control directions, RSAF fighter aircraft will be activated to intercept the aircraft.

Ground-based air defence systems will also be activated.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are confused now. Is this going to be a country versus country fight or a race versus race fight? Answer me this question. I have assumed all this time we are talking country versus country, not race versus race, as this is the first time you mentioned it.

Certainly, country against country but as happened in Ukraine, why did Putin do it? He was willing to risk war to protect Russians. Similarly, Ukraine was willing to risk war to get rid of Russians. If boleh land wanted to get rid of sinkie land, all these Chinese hostages meant nothing.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again, you are not making sense. Singapore is a free port, and the shipping lanes around singapore are some of the busiest in the world. You blockade the whole island and many other countries will be affected and the guilty country will have shit on their in the UN. Blockading is a long drawn out process. And time is not on the side of the blockader as the US NAvy and the PLA Navy will sail down to break it. If you are indonesia and you do the blockade, how can you be sure we will still not supplied from Malaysia thru the causeway and Tuas? If you are Malaysia, why even need to blockade, u are just 1 mile away, just roll your army in if you can. Also Blockading takes a large and well co-ordinated navy to be successful, and the Indonesian navy is far from that. Once again, I am telling you like I am telling everyone, talk is easy. but battles are won on logistics. And the Indon navy is very very far from capable to do that.

if i am msia, i wont even roll my armies to the johor straits. i just announce no fly zone over johor and surrounding sea and will shoot down any civilian planes will SAMs. cut off water supplies and food across the causeway. no need invasion.

indonesia also sama sama. no fly zone over staits of singapore. station SAMs on Riau islands. the FH2000 brought from sinagapore can lob shells onto changi airport and cbd. the public will panic and lhl will piss his pants. many many ways to do it. no need conventional clash of arms over the battlefield.

both countries shd have no problem getting their hands on katyusha rockets to fire onto the island. like you know there no defense.

BUT both msia and indon wont do it. no benefits for them.

uncle you too emphaise on conventional methods. there are many many ways to defeat a nation, especially a small nation with pampered citizen who cannot suffer hardship. some men may fight but the others and womenfolks will be panic. Once confidence is lost, money will be gone from the island at the blink of the eye while every elites will take flight from seletar on gulfstream II.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if i am msia, i wont even roll my armies to the johor straits. i just announce no fly zone over johor and surrounding sea and will shoot down any civilian planes will SAMs. cut off water supplies and food across the causeway. no need invasion.

indonesia also sama sama. no fly zone over staits of singapore. station SAMs on Riau islands. the FH2000 brought from sinagapore can lob shells onto changi airport and cbd. the public will panic and lhl will piss his pants. many many ways to do it. no need conventional clash of arms over the battlefield.

both countries shd have no problem getting their hands on katyusha rockets to fire onto the island. like you know there no defense.

BUT both msia and indon wont do it. no benefits for them.

uncle you too emphaise on conventional methods. there are many many ways to defeat a nation, especially a small nation with pampered citizen who cannot suffer hardship. some men may fight but the others and womenfolks will be panic. Once confidence is lost, money will be gone from the island at the blink of the eye while every elites will take flight from seletar on gulfstream II.

No, u are missing the point I am making. There are people here who claim that we need a strong military force to defend against external military aggression from other countries. I ask how these other countries can logisitically commit a large force to invade us, given their current and foreseable capabilities. The answer is they can't. And yes, there are many other non military methods like you stated that can bring us to our knees. Than you have to ask the question why than do we need such a big defence budget of $12 billion knowing what we know about our neighbours and what they can do. The answer is that we don't, so why is all the money going to the weapons making companies of other countries and providing boosts to their economies.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, u are missing the point I am making. There are people here who claim that we need a strong military force to defend against external military aggression from other countries. I ask how these other countries can logisitically commit a large force to invade us, given their current and foreseable capabilities. The answer is they can't. And yes, there are many other non military methods like you stated that can bring us to our knees. Than you have to ask the question why than do we need such a big defence budget of $12 billion knowing what we know about our neighbours and what they can do. The answer is that we don't, so why is all the money going to the weapons making companies of other countries and providing boosts to their economies.

the money go to somebody retirement funds lah. kickbacks of even 1% already very substantial. industry norm kickbacks for defense contract cannot be a lousy percent.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we have the most powerful air defence in SE Asia but what is very important for a tiny nation like us with a short coastline is that our SAF must ensure that enemy troops are not allowed to land at all. Mindef HQ for example is a mere 8 km from the shore ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, we have the most powerful air defence in SE Asia but what is very important for a tiny nation like us with a short coastline is that our SAF must ensure that enemy troops are not allowed to land at all. Mindef HQ for example is a mere 8 km from the shore ...

All they need to do is set up a naval blockade and Sinkieland is doomed. What's the point of landing? :rolleyes:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

All Air Forces have their limitations but I can tell you that when it comes to air defense, Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

Dear Boss Sam,

E2Cs have retired.

Please increase my points thanks.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Invading troops would land only after sinkapore is totally decimated. How long do you think would it take to blow up the island?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are right, that is why I say the logistics is not possible. Imagine if the Indons try a surprise sea attack into singapore. First, they have to spend years to build up a 500 vessel strong and sophisticated Navy in secrecy. Than they have to train 100,000 marines and load then onto their navy. Than they have to sail their fleet in secrecy to singapore across some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world without being seen by other ships. Than after that, they have to show up off the East Coast because the beaches there are the only ones even half way capable of taking an amphibious landing. They have to manouervre all their assualt ships to avoid the hundreds of merchant ships anchoring off the East Coast and land troops on the East Coast beaches, all done in surprise. Ask yourself what are the odds of that happening? NIL.

World War 2 strategy is no longer used lah.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Top 3 developed nations by defence expenditure (%GDP):
1. USA 4.7% of GDP
2. Israel 6.3%
3. Singapore 4.3%

US is the world's only superpower. Israel is in the midst of war with neighbours who have called for its annihilation. Singapore?

Anyone who thinks that our astronomical defence budget is geared towards defending an indefensible outcrop of land with zilch natural resources should have his head examined.

It's time that Sinkies pulled their finger out from their collective buttholes and stopped drip-feeding on Pappy propaganda.

Myth: We need to build a powerful defence force with first-strike capability to deter the terrorist Malays around us from running amok and attacking this island.

Fact: Singapore is largely indefensible. Turn off the tap, cut off the food supply at the causeway and 2nd link, and we're toast without a single rocket being launched or a single marine landing on our beaches. The Pappies know that; you don't. They know there's no clear and present danger of any military conflict among our immediate neighbours given the tightly intertwined economies, vested interests and cross-ownership of assets; you don't.

Myth: We spend loads of money just so that we can build the most powerful force in S.E. Asia.

Fact: Balls. We spend loads of money just so that we can build an army that will never be independent but forever be beholden to the ruling party by rotating high-ranking officers and paper generals through fixed terms, paying them obscene salaries, and retiring them to cushy directorships in GLCs or to ministerial positions in the highest paid cabinet in the world. Just so that in a freak election, the tanks will roll in over our dead bodies. And old fart can sleep peacefully in his Istana mansion guarded by 3 shifts of Gurkhas round the clock. The Pappies know this; you don't.

Myth: A large portion of the $12.2 bil we spend a year goes to state-of-the-art equipment that enables us to maintain military superiority over our neighbours.

Fact: Lumpah. Most of our defence money goes into technology transfers from overseas OEM to our defence contractors like ST Eng (Temasek-owned) just so that we can make and customize more weapons and export them. Few know that S'pore is the world's 20th largest arms exporter. And where do the profits from this arms trade go? Into the pockets of the Lee family and the connected elite. The Pappies know this; you don't.

Myth: Defence spending is to make S'pore safe for Singaporeans from external threats.

Fact: Now old fart's balls are laffin'. Defence spending is to secure the the survival of the PAP regime and ensure the safety of the Lee family and their cronies.

Last edited: