• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC News story: Ya Kun Coffee International

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What so special about ya kun? If never eaten there before. This just shows Singaporeans are suckers for chain stores and spend their lives in shopping malls.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What so special about ya kun? If never eaten there before. This just shows Singaporeans are suckers for chain stores and spend their lives in shopping malls.

The original ah koon was bestest.
Like most good things in sg now all that's left is a pale shadow and living on past glory......machiam the pap

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The original ah koon was bestest.
Like most good things in sg now all that's left is a pale shadow and living on past glory......machiam the pap

Old Chang Kee was also quite awesome before they started commercializing and franchising the shit out of it.

Everything in Singapore now is a hollow mockery - like a vampire, humanoid in form but parasitic and utterly devoid of life and warmth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Chang Kee was also quite awesome before they started commercializing and franchising the shit out of it.

Everything in Singapore now is a hollow mockery - like a vampire, humanoid in form but parasitic and utterly devoid of life and warmth.

I like to watch TV food shows. The one I found interesting were the shows reviewing Malaysian makan places. If I had a car I would probably visit all those small Malaysian towns to try them out.
Unfortunately I'm limited to JB because I don't have a car:(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to watch TV food shows. The one I found interesting were the shows reviewing Malaysian makan places. If I had a car I would probably visit all those small Malaysian towns to try them out.
Unfortunately I'm limited to JB because I don't have a car:(

You can always take the train.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya, same for the Ananas nasi lemak.
when they started, it was good, now cooked by FT cooks....

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Burnt stuff like toasts and coffee can raise cancer risks. Singapore's no.1 killer is cancer. Nice to eat but can have bad consequences don't play play anyhow eat here and there.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
StiLL remembered Ah Kun himseLf was taking our Orders at his temp TeLok Ayer Basin staLL back
then..must be in the Late 70's .:smile:
Then there was this 'Taiwan Porridge' staLL diagonaLLy opposite them too..how time fLies..:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wa so expensive. 1.80 can have chicken rice liao.

Wait till you see Breadtalk Toast Box's prices:

P1010131.JPG

$1.80 for a small kopi-o, $2.20 for a large kopi-o.

IMG_2276.jpg

$6.00 laksa, $4.80 mee siam. :eek: :rolleyes:

smiling

Alfrescian
Loyal
and yet you see long queue at breadtalk every day

so, wats their secret - selling high price and still being patronised

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and yet you see long queue at breadtalk every day

so, wats their secret - selling high price and still being patronised

Branding, marketing, and prime locations.

I just don't see the value of patronizing Breadtalk's businesses.