• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death of an Ex RI Boy with no next of kin

Lexor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a lot of things to say about this. i have a friend who topped his primary school, even to the extent that he got gold trophy for his academic studies, went to SAP school and later in life have to jump bail and run road to china. another friend, ex RI boy, i think studied too much and turned berserk, now hanging around and not working. i believe in destiny, some pple enjoyed when they were young and later in life have to pay back. some are borne too smart and become crooks.
my neighbour, same story as my 1st friend mentioned, got medals and trophies for academic achievement in primary school, in the end turned crazy.

i also believe that personal upbringing is more important than academic achievement. i have seen numerous risk taking characters become successful in life whereas the more mundane ones just work 9 to 5 desk bound jobs...

How come your friends and neighbours all siao siao cases? Do you ever have any normal friends?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They voted for oppo but kept quiet like bodoh bodoh. Look at the results of 2011 GE in East Coast GRC. PAP nearly lost it to WP even though this GRC got high percentage of middle and upper middle class.

Middle or upper middle class are the hardest hit by the cheebye pap policies and many are slowly wKing up that the stewpig scare mongering tactics of the pap that they know your vote is slowly waning......

Many people are now saying fuck you...why i scared.....if i lose my job/country to a fucking foreigner by still voting for you and your cheebye fuck sinkies policies , i should be more scared lor....

Time for sinkies to wake up and rise up .......

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come your friends and neighbours all siao siao cases? Do you ever have any normal friends?

i live in marine parade grc. more than 60% are siao siao case, drunk or drug addict. those kind of people vote pappie one.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure the fear is groundless. I have heard from others about some family members losing their job because of who they didn't vote for.

I heard, he says, she says - it is exactly these types of hearsay fear-mongering that the PAP loves to see the population believing and that continues to give them the upper hand.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I heard, he says, she says - it is exactly these types of hearsay fear-mongering that the PAP loves to see the population believing and that continues to give them the upper hand.

the sheep deserve the wolves :mad::mad::mad:

in any case, i also hear of stories of civil servants whom voted for oppositions in the last few GEs and they continued to get promoted and getting their PB :p:p:p

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo Chee Hean is a rear admirer from SJI lah. Get your facts right.

"Teo was educated at Saint Michael's School and Saint Joseph's Institution, before being awarded a President's Scholarship and Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Scholarship in 1973 to study in the United Kingdom at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. ........."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teo_Chee_Hean

....Apologies...my geography not that good....did not know that SJI has pre-u class..

All the while tought he did his pre-u at RI..

Thanks for enlightening me...

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Casanova Tey Tsun Hnag also from Raffles right? Darinne Ko from RGS :smile: really stick together brother and sister

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an ex-RI boy who flew a helicopter and sold it to Indonesia. His brother was a Rhodes scholar. Another brother killed his girlfren and made it look like a drowning lost at sea to collect insurance. There was an ex-RI boy who hang himself.
There are ex-RI boys who have been convicted and gone to/going to jail. I know of top boy (President scholar etc) in my year ended up in an ordinary pedestrian job in Ozz without any ambitions. So much so that RI stands for Rascals' Institution.

wahh... can share his story ? like how he ended up in Ozz land in the first place ?

" I know of top boy (President scholar etc) in my year ended up in an ordinary pedestrian job in Ozz without any ambitions. "

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah..Loo Choon Yong's brother.

Loo Choon Beng aka Fatty Loo would have made it to its Hall of Shame.

I believe I know of him and his brother. Judoka at old RI (Bras Basah Road)

Dr Loo Choon Yong 72 is now a SG Billionaire .

Could possibily be the first RI boy to become a Billionaire ?

IMG_20210807_091712.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chow cheebye screwball no names mentioned nothing at all who do we know this RI boy is?

Look if you want to talk about employment or whether being in an elite school gurantees you success in life of course not. The only guarantee in life is death and taxes. Must be really humbling for a jobless ex RI boy to go yes i was from RI and i am jobless now but still does not guarantee anything.

BTW let's look at your story title again. Death of an RI boy with no next of kin. Then you ask is this becoming prevalent.

Honestly what do you mean by this? Do you mean to say that all because someone comes from RI he is supposed to have his next of kin living?

So someone that comes from an elite school is supposed to have his next of kin still alive or he should know who they are assuming he isn't an orphan or a loner.
Best reply

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah-lao eh - you dig up 2014 Thread.
How many Rafflesians from Bras Basah already departed to meet Philip Liau, Weijasingha and other PRIs in the sky.......

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah-lao eh - you dig up 2014 Thread.
How many Rafflesians from Bras Basah already departed to meet Philip Liau, Weijasingha and other PRIs in the sky.......

just curious the deceased person ? that Scroobal was referring to .

cannot be Fatty Loo as he passed on in 3 Aug 2021.

btw Dr (Lawyer) Loo Choon Yong became the first Self Made SG Billionaire hail from Raffles Institution RI in nearly 200 years history :

Raffles Institution (RI), founded in 1823, is the oldest school in Singapore. It is an independent institution, providing secondary education for boys aged 13–16 through a boys-only Year 1-4 section and pre-university education for students aged 17–18 through a coeducational Year 5-6 section.