• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jem shopping mall in Jurong East hit by 11-hour power failure on Friday

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...east-hit-11-hour-power-failure-friday-2014032

sjc01jem223e.jpg

Jurong East Mall's basement had a blackout since morning. -- TNP PHOTO: GAVIN FOO

<cite>Quote:</cite>First, there were fires. Then a ceiling fell in. And on Friday, Jem shopping mall was hit by a power cut which lasted 11 hours.

A media statement by Jem said some retailers on the third level and basement one of the Jurong East shopping centre were affected, and that a technical team attended to the power failure immediately.

The disruption occurred from around 7am to 6pm, according to Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.

At least 36 shops on basement one were operating in darkness, said the report. The mall's website lists 60 businesses on that level. At least three shops also put up notices to say that they were going to close earlier​

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been to JEM before... the layout gives me bad vibes. It's cramped and dark. It's like a poor cousin of 313 Somerset.

I prefer malls with spacious walkways and natural lighting from ceiling glass panels.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time moi go JEM...moi told de taxi driver..."Jurong East Jem"...he say "where got?"...moi say "Huh? Jurong East Jem"...he say "I just come from Jurong East...where got jam?"...moi say "Hav mah...beside MRT station JEM"...he say "No lah i jus drop off passenger there no jam wat?...and de conv drag...:biggrin::p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time moi go JEM...moi told de taxi driver..."Jurong East Jem"...he say "where got?"...moi say "Huh? Jurong East Jem"...he say "I just come from Jurong East...where got jam?"...moi say "Hav mah...beside MRT station JEM"...he say "No lah i jus drop off passenger there no jam wat?...and de conv drag...:biggrin::p

The Westgate mall next to JEM should have been named KAYA, just to confuse the shit out of everyone.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been to JEM before... the layout gives me bad vibes. It's cramped and dark. It's like a poor cousin of 313 Somerset.

I prefer malls with spacious walkways and natural lighting from ceiling glass panels.

Orchard central is even WORSE.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the escalators in jem not even working. Stupid fucking shopping centre only for those that live in the west with all those workers.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be the government tower on top leech too much power :biggrin:

Jem on the 2nd or 3rd floor has one atas cafe that sells nice breads. For one day the atas teens cannot gather there.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never gone before. Sinkingpore build so many malls for what feck, how many malls can you shop at? Crazy lah.

Must improve the GDP mah. And jack up the prices of REITs that manage malls.

You can also have more retail space and income opportunities for your cronies e.g. George Quek's Breadtalk.

If not enough shoppers then import more FTs loh.

SG Inc is paradise, song boh? :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the escalators in jem not even working. Stupid fucking shopping centre only for those that live in the west with all those workers.

Jurong East is still okay (for now). Foreign worker ghetto land is predominantly Jurong West i.e. the area due west of the Jurong River, including the Chinese Garden.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never gone before. Sinkingpore build so many malls for what feck, how many malls can you shop at? Crazy lah.

you are wrong.
most ( 90% ) of the singaporean CHINESE girls i know of like malls so much.
none prefer go park, seaside,jogging,library and mother nature.
all the silly girls like movie, pubbing,clubbing,malls , mind games , k box, high tea, coffee bean

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are wrong.
most ( 90% ) of the singaporean CHINESE girls i know of like malls so much.
none prefer go park, seaside,jogging,library and mother nature.
all the silly girls like movie, pubbing,clubbing,malls , mind games , k box, high tea, coffee bean

Materialistic bitches. :biggrin:

Listen, I do enjoy an outing at a nice mall on weekends too, but if malls are your predominant source of satisfaction, you're quite a dull person.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Materialistic bitches. :biggrin:

Listen, I do enjoy an outing at a nice mall on weekends too, but if malls are your predominant source of satisfaction, you're quite a dull person.

yes.i only enjoy malling once in a while when i have something to purchase or look for.
mother nature and sea are wonderful creation.

sinkie bitch go to mall to see see gianado , hang ten, g2000 , spectacles shops, bata shop challengers , hello shop, m1 shop, starhub shop to look for the latest phone gadget..the same old boring repetition mall after mall.
( i know of 1 ugly bitch. she like go daiso buy a lot of junks.salary only $1600. )

sinkie gals say sinkie guys boring.
ang mo and sinkie guys say sinkie woman bore and dull and dump

once i have a decent phone, i will not go hand phone week after week to admire new xiao mi , da mi ,i phone, i lan jiao, galaxay neh neh

if dont believe, go any library we check it out ,only a handful local.of the local, some are kids, elderly , students.

i dont believed people like adam khoo, clement chiam or sim wang foo spend their silly days at shopping mall

Last edited: