• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really see high floor as a selling point unless the view is really stunning! As long as not "horrible" view, i go for value for money.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really see high floor as a selling point unless the view is really stunning! As long as not "horrible" view, i go for value for money.

Malaysian do not really need to buy high floor, everything is low lying, the 10th floor views in MY are like 20th floor views in Singapore.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your colleague is Malaysian or Singaporean? If he is Malaysian, she convert to SG citizen good, can buy new BTO and get baby bonus grant and longer maternity leave.

But if he is Singaporean......horror, horror....for his GF to convert. SG citizenship is the most useless citizenship in the world.

He is Singaporean and girlfriend is Malaysian. Which is why I told him not to let her convert to Singapore citizen. Have best of both worlds.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is Singaporean and girlfriend is Malaysian. Which is why I told him not to let her convert to Singapore citizen. Have best of both worlds.

Good advice, the baby bonus is peanut money to sacrifice for the benefits of being Malaysian, do not lose the big picture.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

On hindsight I also wonder why I bought top floor unit. Maybe should have bought swimming pool level unit. Step out of house easy access to clubhouse, gym, garden, pool. Much cheaper also....dang.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before conversion, as SPR, they treat them well and good. Once they take the pink ic, then they will know, they will tekkan the new pink ic holders like they have been doing to those true blue citizens.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come ? stroke of pen can turn FH into LH ...

Haha, the famous "stroke of the pen" thingy was quoted from another very famous, some say very wise but now a deceased personality and it has absolutely nothing to do with FH or LH.
It simply means that you are at the mercy of the authorities whereby at anytime they can decide to implement new rules and regulations on anything that can absolutely frustrate you and your investment.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, the famous "stroke of the pen" thingy was quoted from another very famous, some say very wise but now a deceased personality and it has absolutely nothing to do with FH or LH.
It simply means that you are at the mercy of the authorities whereby at anytime they can decide to implement new rules and regulations on anything that can absolutely frustrate you and your investment.

But the new rules and laws can also turn FH to LH ? thats the worry ...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the new rules and laws can also turn FH to LH ? thats the worry ...

Tekkun has assured that it would not be the case if the title states FH, but what does he know? He is Malaysian so it may hold true for him but not for foreigners who may still be subject to "stroke of the pen policies", also another of concern is inheritance, how strong are inheritance laws in Malaysia for foreigners? Any international laws binding which Malaysia is following?

At this time, if these questions are unanswered, then Malaysia is truly for Malaysians only.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to let you guys know that in all leasehold land, a condition precedent clause is always stated in the S & P that State Consent must be obtained before any sale can go through. That how any new laws being implemented can affect you. It will not affect you when you buy new properties as developers will take care of it but will affect you when you sell. This is different from the RM1.0m threshold.

Leasehold.JPG

All land titles has this expressed condition stated at the bottom of the title deed.
Translated as "This land cannot be transferred, mortgaged or held in lien without the approval from the State Authorities"

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to let you guys know that in all leasehold land, a condition precedent clause is always stated in the S & P that State Consent must be obtained before any sale can go through. That how any new laws being implemented can affect you. It will not affect you when you buy new properties as developers will take care of it but will affect you when you sell. This is different from the RM1.0m threshold.

View attachment 26215

All land titles has this expressed condition stated at the bottom of the title deed.
Translated as "This land cannot be transferred, mortgaged or held in lien without the approval from the State Authorities"

FH no need for state approval for selling . So less chance for state to sabotage the sale.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
FH no need for state approval for selling . So less chance for state to sabotage the sale.

Precisely that is what I am trying to say. When we buy properties, we try to eliminate as much uncertainties as possible.
But I cannot condemn leasehold, right? :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
On hindsight I also wonder why I bought top floor unit. Maybe should have bought swimming pool level unit. Step out of house easy access to clubhouse, gym, garden, pool. Much cheaper also....dang.

As long you happy no one can tell you otherwise.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some agents say high floors have more sunlight. dunno true ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some agents say high floors have more sunlight. dunno true ?

High floors more expensive, better views, high winds and cooler
High floor, lesser water flushing sound from drainage pipes
High floor lesser chance of water leakage either from some stupid upstairs owner polishing marble floor or from clogged drainage pipe

But I bought mid floor. Scared of heights. :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid Top Floor. :p
Avoid mid and high floors where condo is close to the highway.
ppl afraid of getting stuck in the lift. :p

dun like low floors, as my landed is higher than that..wahaha...

Opss..choose those units that can bio SYT, joke. :p

try to choose a unit with an unqiue view. :smile:

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
High floors more expensive, better views, high winds and cooler
High floor, lesser water flushing sound from drainage pipes
High floor lesser chance of water leakage either from some stupid upstairs owner polishing marble floor or from clogged drainage pipe

But I bought mid floor. Scared of heights. :biggrin:

eh, better view not true leh if the only view is the next block :P

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid Top Floor. :p
Avoid mid and high floors where condo is close to the highway.
ppl afraid of getting stuck in the lift. :p

dun like low floors, as my landed is higher than that..wahaha...

Opss..choose those units that can bio SYT, joke. :p

why avoid mid n highfloor when close to highway ? noise ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh, better view not true leh if the only view is the next block :P

Well....at least it is closer to heaven for prayers. :biggrin:

I read somewhere that anything that is below 10 floors are more likely to be polluted from car exhaust fumes and noise pollution.
That's why choose high floors.