• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ROI and bank interest rates are not favorable, means that country is not suitable for investment, you still have control as an investor not to invest. Only dummies would not know how to forecast ROI vs bank interest and still make decisions to invest in that country.

If everyone know how to calculate, there won't be so many suckers in Iskandar.
But most of them have one weakness and it is not ROI. It is GREED.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ROI and bank interest rates are not favorable, means that country is not suitable for investment, you still have control as an investor not to invest. Only dummies would not know how to forecast ROI vs bank interest and still make decisions to invest in that country.

Maybe not suitable for JB condos in general, with exceptions. But for landed properties, maybe the CA can more than make up for it?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe not suitable for JB condos in general, with exceptions. But for landed properties, maybe the CA can more than make up for it?

In any investments, CA are just bonuses and that happen after many years. If it come, be happy. If it does not, doesn't matter. CA cannot be part of any investment strategies as far as ROI is concerned. You immediate concern is cash flow.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suddenly everyone know how to count. They are correct, calculation is perfect until HSR come, they will be wrong again. Greed always win, and when number of them reach a point, price will follow them. Experience talk.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not comparing, just coveting. LOL! :biggrin:

To be frank, I did not buy what I could afford to, but rather what I was allowed to, if you get what I mean. Had the banks not approved the loans (and as I said it was a miracle that they did), it would have been a "no go" from the start, and neither would I be sharing my opinions and thoughts here.

Coveting is bad, actually slightly worse connotation than "comparing". :smile:

If you have already bought something you could afford, and are happy about it, why sigh? I think you have all the reasons to remain happy. There will always be rich people around us. But there are poor ones too.

Life is short. All we know is, when we leave this world, we can't take any of the material possessions here. Doesn't matter if one lives in a 1,000 sqft flat or a 10,000 sqft house.

Just be happy! :smile:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, well-said. Basically short and simple. All the ingredients of investment.

It's not that one cannot invest if those conditions are not met, but you got to ask yourself if you're willing to take the high risks. You are purely betting for capital appreciation which may not come soon. Wait too long, and you still lose in terms of other better investment opportunities or better use for the money elsewhere.

Many Singaporeans I believe didn't do their sums correctly when they rushed in. Just that these people are keeping quiet now or crying somewhere.

If you read other forums, know of friends who have wrongly bought some Iskandar condos in 2013 purely for investment, you will know the situation.

Some of them are fearing now their money is stuck or they regret after realizing what they have done. Day in day out, they advertise for tenants and new buyers but can't find. Some agents don't even want to take up the job once they hear the condo name and selling price.

It's really strange. When you are faced with sweet-talking, bulls*** agents and a room full of other equally blur investors, it's so easy to just take out that cheque book and dump your deposit. Only much later do you realize the bad decision made.

But of course, if you buy to live there and just want to enjoy the place, no urgency to get back your money, then that's not investment. Can do whatever you want with your money.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, well-said. Basically short and simple. All the ingredients of investment.

It's not that one cannot invest if those conditions are not met, but you got to ask yourself if you're willing to take the high risks. You are purely betting for capital appreciation which may not come soon. Wait too long, and you still lose in terms of other better investment opportunities or better use for the money elsewhere.

Many Singaporeans I believe didn't do their sums correctly when they rushed in. Just that these people are keeping quiet now or crying somewhere.

If you read other forums, know of friends who have wrongly bought some Iskandar condos in 2013 purely for investment, you will know the situation.

Some of them are fearing now their money is stuck or they regret after realizing what they have done. Day in day out, they advertise for tenants and new buyers but can't find. Some agents don't even want to take up the job once they hear the condo name and selling price.

It's really strange. When you are faced with sweet-talking, bulls*** agents and a room full of other equally blur investors, it's so easy to just take out that cheque book and dump your deposit. Only much later do you realize the bad decision made.

But of course, if you buy to live there and just want to enjoy the place, no urgency to get back your money, then that's not investment. Can do whatever you want with your money.

You are totally spot on. Many desperate to sell their units..... landed and condos. Funny thing is even desperate, they still want to sell at profit......

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are totally spot on. Many desperate to sell their units..... landed and condos. Funny thing is even desperate, they still want to sell at profit......

That is because they all came in with that in mind, while many were sweet talked by the sales people that "sure make money one, trust me".
So all these ignorant flippers will learn the hard way.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much talk about collapsing prices in Iskandar. How come I dont see any durian 1? Any concrete examples? If not, i have to follow the official data......

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much talk about collapsing prices in Iskandar. How come I dont see any durian 1? Any concrete examples? If not, i have to follow the official data......

Starting to collapse now..... eg. Horizon Residence Bukit Indah drop around 20% for sub sale unit. Currently RM400k previously selling RM490K.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING NEWS : INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT AT SP SETIA PROJECT

Construction worker dead after fall from 35th storey at 9.51am today (27 July 2016) at SP Setia Eco-City project beside Abdullah Hukum LRT station in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. The body was stuck on the 8th floor and had to be retrieved by a team from the Fire & Rescue Department.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This type of things wont happen to SP Setia when Tan Sri Liew was around.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING NEWS : INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT AT SP SETIA PROJECT

Construction worker dead after fall from 35th storey at 9.51am today (27 July 2016) at SP Setia Eco-City project beside Abdullah Hukum LRT station in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. The body was stuck on the 8th floor and had to be retrieved by a team from the Fire & Rescue Department.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This type of things wont happen to SP Setia when Tan Sri Liew was around.

Worthless trivial news that has nothing that will affect the property market.
This one perhaps will have great impact :

Malaysia PM Najib Razak to get sweeping new security powers from Monday, 01.08.2016.

http://www.msn.com/en-my/news/natio...-powers/ar-BBuWfEX?li=AAaD62f&ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may not be able to see on official data. For example, there is a developer offer rebate to me, but he said SPA will still show original price.