• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already know, but those are leasehold properties which I'm not keen. Also, I don't like the location (at least for now) because it's deserted. I also need UNIFI and I don't know which are the ones already equipped and ready.

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to get a 2nd home because I'm comfortably living in 1 in JB now. Just that having extra cash now, might as well look around and if there's 1 with suitable price and location, I shall commit. I can continue to play the waiting game as it is a down market at the moment and also for the next 2 to 3 years at least. My Malaysian neighbor had also told me to wait for another 2 years (especially when those condos from the Chinese developers are ready for VP), many of the resale condos will get cheaper.

Ya, but all Medini condos are leasehold. Some are 129 years I believe. So that should be long enough to tahan? Anyway, I don't know the ultimate negative consequences of leasehold (Malaysia context) even though Tekkun gave a good explanation the other time. As long as you don't intend to hold the property for a very long time, I think it shouldn't matter too much?

The place around 1 Medini is very quiet indeed. May be good for own stay if you want the peace. But to buy things like groceries or dining, need to drive out. Not sure what or how they are going to develop that area. Looks very deserted to me.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, but all Medini condos are leasehold. Some are 129 years I believe. So that should be long enough to tahan? Anyway, I don't know the ultimate negative consequences of leasehold (Malaysia context) even though Tekkun gave a good explanation the other time. As long as you don't intend to hold the property for a very long time, I think it shouldn't matter too much?

The place around 1 Medini is very quiet indeed. May be good for own stay if you want the peace. But to buy things like groceries or dining, need to drive out. Not sure what or how they are going to develop that area. Looks very deserted to me.

If I were you guys, I would put my money in the bank and enjoy the wait. No need to rush. Buy what you see is what you get.
Sometimes it is not the property that is good or not, it is the surrounding development and infrastructure you need to see. Or maybe come 2 years down the road, you have another good choice. Of course unless you see the damn attractive one and you don't want to miss the boat.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapor got lots of leehold property, why need to go malaysia to buy again lei..:p真奇怪。。:p

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know those Chinese developers are exempted from the RM1m restriction. But their prices are already high and most, if not all, are still under construction. The remaining other developments which are also exempted from the RM1m restriction are too far and few.

So far I see the RM 1.m limit is for new projects. Does that apply for resale units? If it applies to resale, then the S&P can put in above limit but private deal in discounts. So..is this a potential loophole?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know those Chinese developers are exempted from the RM1m restriction. But their prices are already high and most, if not all, are still under construction. The remaining other developments which are also exempted from the RM1m restriction are too far and few.

Closer to JB centre you have Molek Regency, Green Haven, Sovereign Bay, Marina Wave, all are freehold and still can buy below RM1 million, if I am not wrong.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far I see the RM 1.m limit is for new projects. Does that apply for resale units? If it applies to resale, then the S&P can put in above limit but private deal in discounts. So..is this a potential loophole?
Yes, resale units are also restricted by the RM1m rule. I know this is 1 way, but if a unit's valuation is RM700k and you tell the authority that you are buying at RM1m, they'll surely suspect. In addition, the stamp duty and state levy will also be much more as they are based on a percentage of the selling price.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Closer to JB centre you have Molek Regency, Green Haven, Sovereign Bay, Marina Wave, all are freehold and still can buy below RM1 million, if I am not wrong.
Cannot lah Frodo, those developments are in Permas Jaya and beyond like Masai. Not appropriate for me. Besides, I don't know if they will also have UNIFI. Not all new developments will have UNIFI. TM is very very slow in the implementation of their Fibre cables.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were you guys, I would put my money in the bank and enjoy the wait. No need to rush. Buy what you see is what you get.
Sometimes it is not the property that is good or not, it is the surrounding development and infrastructure you need to see. Or maybe come 2 years down the road, you have another good choice. Of course unless you see the damn attractive one and you don't want to miss the boat.
Very sound advice. You are right about the 2 years time frame. So, that's why I'll just wait. Actually, I find that for offers of 1,600 sq ft at around RM650k, high floor and at the location/development which I want, it's still worth to buy. How much more can it go lower? But the damned RM1m restriction spoils everything.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why I won't consider Medini and Puteri Harbor. In my opinion, these 2 places will take many more years to be established. I can bet with you about the ferry service from Puteri Harbor to Vivo City won't come to fruition, mainly because of insufficient ridership to sustain as well as the journey (via Tuas, beyond Jurong Island and West Coast) will take too long, unless they will use hovercrafts like the Hongkong/Macau routes.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot lah Frodo, those developments are in Permas Jaya and beyond like Masai. Not appropriate for me. Besides, I don't know if they will also have UNIFI. Not all new developments will have UNIFI. TM is very very slow in the implementation of their Fibre cables.

I live in Masai and use TM unifi.:biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I won't consider Medini and Puteri Harbor. In my opinion, these 2 places will take many more years to be established. I can bet with you about the ferry service from Puteri Harbor to Vivo City won't come to fruition, mainly because of insufficient ridership to sustain as well as the journey (via Tuas, beyond Jurong Island and West Coast) will take too long, unless they will use hovercrafts like the Hongkong/Macau routes.

Do you realise that MY is not pushing so hard on ferries, RTS with Singapore lately? I think people are just tired. Things had gone cold with negotiations after negotiations on all these links. Instead the BRT linking Zone A & B had gone ahead. Chances is the priority is now development within Iskandar. Nego with Singapore not so kan cheong already.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you realise that MY is not pushing so hard on ferries, RTS with Singapore lately? I think people are just tired. Things had gone cold with negotiations after negotiations on all these links. Instead the BRT linking Zone A & B had gone ahead. Chances is the priority is now development within Iskandar. Nego with Singapore not so kan cheong already.
BRT is much much cheaper to implement than RTS. Also, for BRT, if not profitable down the road, they can just cut off those unprofitable routes or reduce their frequencies.

On the other hand, Singapore is also a tough nut to crack. They will also want to ensure that it will benefit them before giving the green light. Like I said before, there's actually no need for the RTS but just increase the frequency (eg: every 20 mins) of the existing KTM between JB and Woodlands will do. But I doubt KTM can get the permit from Singapore for the extra trips.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, Seri Alam, at least more than 12km from the CIQ and if driving, you get all the traffic jam at the stretch after the Permas bridge towards the CIQ.

So far ok...because on bike mah! LOL!

But got traffic better than ghost town right?:p

Too much traffic complain....no traffic also complain...LOL!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
BRT is much much cheaper to implement than RTS. Also, for BRT, if not profitable down the road, they can just cut off those unprofitable routes or reduce their frequencies.

I tried the Sunway BRT some months back. It is actually an electric powered bus on an elevated highway running on intervals. Cheap and efficient.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried the Sunway BRT some months back. It is actually an electric powered bus on an elevated highway running on intervals. Cheap and efficient.
So is the one in Iskandar going to be of the same model? Before we even talk of BRT, this pending problem should first be resolved:

Johor bus firms need help:

Tuesday 3 May 2016:
JOHOR BARU: Stage bus operators here are at the risk of closing down their businesses after the Govern*ment stopped allocation to a special monthly fund that helps cover their costs from Jan 1.

Johor Bus Operators Association (JBOA) president Suchdav Jotisrop said since 2012, the Government had helped operators under the Interim Stage Bus Support Fund (ISBSF) but the allocation stopped this year.

He said although MyBas was introduced in 2015 as part of an initiative to improve public bus transportation throughout the country, this had yet to be launched in Johor.

“We are asking for the ISBSF to be continued for stage bus operators like us while waiting for the MyBas scheme to start in the state,” he told reporters here yesterday.

Suchdav is also asking the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) to play a bigger role in helping JBOA address the matter with the Government.

There were many reasons, he said, that contributed to the losses incurred by the operators despite ferrying over 100,000 passengers daily in Johor.

All operators, said Suchdav, were left to absorb the Goods and Service Tax because the bus fares had not been reviewed since 2008.

“It is still 90sen for every 2km despite the increase we have to bear in operational costs.

“Besides, the social routes where operators ferry passengers from district to district are not very popular as these areas have low population,” he said.

Suchdav claimed that the increase in minimum wage to RM1,000 a month starting from July 1 could be the “final straw” for the 16 operators in the state.

“If we do not receive the funds, then we will have no choice but to stop some of our routes, including that to Singapore, which will surely cause 3,000 of our drivers to lose their jobs,” he said.

SPAD chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar said it would channel JBOA’s views to the Cabinet for a review on the ISBSF.

The Government, he said, had spent over RM470mil to help the operators since the fund was started several years ago.

“Hopefully, the Government will come up with a favourable decision that will help bus operators in Johor,” he said here yesterday.

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...-companies-may-close-down-if-not-given-funds/

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far ok...because on bike mah! LOL!
But got traffic better than ghost town right?:p
Too much traffic complain....no traffic also complain...LOL!
What to do? This is life. Who doesn't want the best of everything?

Last edited: