• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. It's so rubbish. As the days and weeks pass by, I can see clearly where this government is heading. They are trying to create a system where only the local academically brightest (or who they consider to be the brightest, may not be so in real life) will be selected to head or run the show. The rest of the workforce they can do a mass recruitment of workers from overseas 3rd world countries at much cheaper price. It's all about how to maximise profits while minimising taking care of the citizens.

Rather than be accountable for their actions, they will always come up with some nice excuses. For eg, after importing so many foreigners and causing locals to have pay cuts, fewer and fewer couples want to have children or have more than 1. So the government says we need more foreigners to be imported to make up for the population shortage.

When Singaporeans find that certain jobs are no longer suitable or them because of the long hours and low pay (you want people to get married and have more children, yet the work is long and low pay, then HOW??!), they are labelled as "lazy", "incompetent", "whiners".

When HDB flat prices all shot up within a short span of time, instead of building more flats, they gave the excuse "you have to manage your expectations. Flats are still affordable. You can take 30 year loans and live in 3 or 4 room flats". They also paint a false picture for young people that they can also live a lifestyle similar or better than their parents. That's rubbish. A non-university educated parent 1 generation ago can have 3 kids on average, a family car, spend money for kid's uni education, live in a 5 room or executive flat. Couples today worry if they can cope with only a kid, no money to buy car, instead told to cycle to work, take 10-20 years longer housing loans, and live in a much smaller 3 or 4 room flat.

Singapore is successful today mainly because Singaporeans are very obedient citizens like a dog listening to its master faithfully. There is nothing really super special about the SG government. If the same method of governance, where foreigners are favoured more than locals, is applied to any other bigger countries like Japan, Korea, Australia, US, Europe, etc, they will be 10,000 times even more successful. Singapore would be nothing in comparison.

Yes you are right. Singaporeans' lives have become worse. Car ownership become exorbitantly expensive and cycling to work is touted as good, but we don't see any minister cycling to work. And the top scholars without any business acumen and on-the-ground experience are bringing the country down from failed immigration policies to poor performance in GLCs. So much negatives and no positives in this govt, do vote for opposition in the coming election regardless of their perceived lesser ability. At least opposition will not lose tens of billions in a matter of months over hasty investment decisions in USA bank shares.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right. Singaporeans' lives have become worse. Car ownership become exorbitantly expensive and cycling to work is touted as good, but we don't see any minister cycling to work. And the top scholars without any business acumen and on-the-ground experience are bringing the country down from failed immigration policies to poor performance in GLCs. So much negatives and no positives in this govt, do vote for opposition in the coming election regardless of their perceived lesser ability. At least opposition will not lose tens of billions in a matter of months over hasty investment decisions in USA bank shares.

Yup yup! I'm glad for GE2011 where they lost a big GRC, Aljunied. I think that was unexpected for them. And even after a re-contest because of the Michael Palmer embarrassing affair with a PA staff, they still lost. That was a big wake up call.

Only then did they sit up to rectify 4 big issues: the serious shortage of HDB flats, stopping private developers from building HDB flats and overcharging buyers, overcrowded and frequent break down of MRT trains and employers recruiting foreigners more than locals. There are probably many other issues but those were the 4 main ones.

This government should count themselves lucky citizens here are very obedient. If all these unfair, greedy policies were made in Thailand, Indonesia, HK, Europe or US, we might see protests and fights in the streets, or the Istana being attacked!

If not for GE2011, I'm quite sure there was a good chance they would continue with their arrogant ways of doing things.

From the way things have progressed, it doesn't look like they have learnt their lesson well. They are still half asleep in the driver's seat. In the next GE, there should be more opposition power to give them a few more slaps on the face to wake them up.

It's not that I think all opposition is good, but definitely, opposition will serve as a check for them to behave. Then again, we don't always have that good P.A.P ministers also. You and I know how they got inside. :smile: But actually, if you think about it, it's not always because ministers are lousy and hence we blame them. I believe for every policy to be approved, it has to go through the PM. So for all the screw ups that took place, it's inevitable the finger has to be pointed back to the mastermind of the party, the PM himself.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup yup! I'm glad for GE2011 where they lost a big GRC, Aljunied. I think that was unexpected for them. And even after a re-contest because of the Michael Palmer embarrassing affair with a PA staff, they still lost. That was a big wake up call.

Only then did they sit up to rectify 4 big issues: the serious shortage of HDB flats, stopping private developers from building HDB flats and overcharging buyers, overcrowded and frequent break down of MRT trains and employers recruiting foreigners more than locals. There are probably many other issues but those were the 4 main ones.

This government should count themselves lucky citizens here are very obedient. If all these unfair, greedy policies were made in Thailand, Indonesia, HK, Europe or US, we might see protests and fights in the streets, or the Istana being attacked!

If not for GE2011, I'm quite sure there was a good chance they would continue with their arrogant ways of doing things.

From the way things have progressed, it doesn't look like they have learnt their lesson well. They are still half asleep in the driver's seat. In the next GE, there should be more opposition power to give them a few more slaps on the face to wake them up.

It's not that I think all opposition is good, but definitely, opposition will serve as a check for them to behave. Then again, we don't always have that good P.A.P ministers also. You and I know how they got inside. :smile: But actually, if you think about it, it's not always because ministers are lousy and hence we blame them. I believe for every policy to be approved, it has to go through the PM. So for all the screw ups that took place, it's inevitable the finger has to be pointed back to the mastermind of the party, the PM himself.

Yes Spore is going to the dogs due to the poor leadership of our current PM in the last ten years. He is definitely the one to be held responsible for all the major flops of Spore govt policies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore ministers are the most overpaid Ministers in the world. With due respect I do believe only LKY is the only capable one in the row of Men in White.

See the amount of salary there are paying them, S$150,000 a month on average. Tell me, how many of earn S$15000 a month?

And do you think they are doing a great job?

1) Shortage of HDBs ( House prices are like roller coaster because they screwed up supply and demand )
2) FT ( while sending sons of the soils to die for their country in NS )
3) Transportation. ( Frequent breakdowns and irregular bus services. Great Singapore Squeeze daily which makes it risky for female commuters )
4) High cost of living. Everything needs money. Apply anything need application fees. Cancel something got cancellation fees.
5) Lack of Doctors and super ultra long Q at Polyclinics due to them restricting the Medical students intake for years ( BUT at the same time import cheap and dubious-degree holders from Laos, Burma, Pinoy )

In fact, if they pay themselves S$5000 a month I can accept their shortfall and stupidity. But they are paid a few times higher than Obama, who has to command wars in all parts of the world.

At the end of the day, you no need a S$300,000 a month PM to control one of the smallest dot in the world.

Lucky I have shifted my Gold to other ships when I know that this ship is sinking. Its just a matter of time but I can see that they are already doing something. But sadly, it will only slow down the process of sinking. PSA, SIA, Changi Airports are no longer world best. These are hints.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, Malaysia is sinking faster due to its high debt, perpetual budget deficit and brain-drain.

Singapore is getting expensive due to more high net worth foreigners coming in, as it continues with its growth as a regional financial hub.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore ministers are the most overpaid Ministers in the world. With due respect I do believe only LKY is the only capable one in the row of Men in White.

was lah!!!!!! but please include GKS, RAJA etc etc.

without them he would also be helpless

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, Malaysia is sinking faster due to its high debt, perpetual budget deficit and brain-drain.

Singapore is getting expensive due to more high net worth foreigners coming in, as it continues with its growth as a regional financial hub.

Cannot compare like that....cos Sg is small and yet uniquely concentrated centrally control. Up everything up...down everything down...

Msia is much more diverse...there always up and down from different segments.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Spore is going to the dogs due to the poor leadership of our current PM in the last ten years. He is definitely the one to be held responsible for all the major flops of Spore govt policies.

Yup, he's being too greedy. He himself admitted to it indirectly during an interview a few months ago. He said the opportunity was too good to give up. So he went ahead to do all he could (eg: allowing huge numbers of foreigners to come) while thinking the infrastructure was adequate. And he later also admitted it was a lack of 20/20 foresight.

STUPID EXCUSES!

For once, PAP admitted they lacked foresight!

Then why should they be paid so much? I thought they need to earn that kind of dirty huge amount of money cos of the "high responsibility" they held? Now that they have screwed so many big things up, they still earn their million $ salaries!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well-said. Don't forget in addition to their million $ salaries, if they are MP, they also get paid the extra $$$!!! And I heard it's not just $16k a month. I think that's for new birds. The old ones get paid a lot higher.

Don't forget before GE2011 also, the PM was earning more than $3 million a year. Senior ministers could earn more than $2.5 million a year. And the champion was Nathan the ex-president of SG, who earned something like $4.2 million a year!!! And he was in term for like what... 8 years? Wow.....

But on the other hand, when the genuine poor tried to get some relief from their poverty, they were downright rejected or claimed to be "unqualified". Some of them were even sent lawyer's letters for failing to pay up their utility bills.

Well-done, PAP!

See the amount of salary there are paying them, S$150,000 a month on average. Tell me, how many of earn S$15000 a month?

And do you think they are doing a great job?

1) Shortage of HDBs ( House prices are like roller coaster because they screwed up supply and demand )
2) FT ( while sending sons of the soils to die for their country in NS )
3) Transportation. ( Frequent breakdowns and irregular bus services. Great Singapore Squeeze daily which makes it risky for female commuters )
4) High cost of living. Everything needs money. Apply anything need application fees. Cancel something got cancellation fees.
5) Lack of Doctors and super ultra long Q at Polyclinics due to them restricting the Medical students intake for years ( BUT at the same time import cheap and dubious-degree holders from Laos, Burma, Pinoy )

In fact, if they pay themselves S$5000 a month I can accept their shortfall and stupidity. But they are paid a few times higher than Obama, who has to command wars in all parts of the world.

At the end of the day, you no need a S$300,000 a month PM to control one of the smallest dot in the world.

Lucky I have shifted my Gold to other ships when I know that this ship is sinking. Its just a matter of time but I can see that they are already doing something. But sadly, it will only slow down the process of sinking. PSA, SIA, Changi Airports are no longer world best. These are hints.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't this bad news for those who have invested in Malaysian properties?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
If buy for own stay, it is cheaper to pay.

Big mistake I made. Was "conned" by the sweet talk of a Huttons agent here who told me no problem to rent with profit. Realized the sentiments on investing in Malaysian properties are generally negative.

Anyway, blame myself for not doing enough homework. Now want to get out also dunno how.... Will probably wait and see.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big mistake I made. Was "conned" by the sweet talk of a Huttons agent here who told me no problem to rent with profit. Realized the sentiments on investing in Malaysian properties are generally negative.

Anyway, blame myself for not doing enough homework. Now want to get out also dunno how.... Will probably wait and see.

Where u buy??
Buy for own stay as exit strategy is okay..

Do not depend on the rental to service the loans...

In fact, in SG, many condos TOP soon and I doubt there's many tenants available for the incoming supply..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

You bought IR@Medini? Dun think it will be easy to rent out with > 50k condo units ready in 2016-2017. But for own stay or retirement will be nice. Malaysia still offers big bangs for bucks.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bought IR@Medini? Dun think it will be easy to rent out with > 50k condo units ready in 2016-2017. But for own stay or retirement will be nice. Malaysia still offers big bangs for bucks.

Ya lor. Haiz.... I never thought that way. That time I thought many will work in Iskandar eventually so at least can get some rental. The agent who sold me kept talking about how easily I could get rental. Realized he was talking nonsense. Just wanted to sell me to get his commission.

Yah own stay or retirement will be nice. The environment is good.

Unfortunately, I'm still still a long way to retire! And the travel to work in SG won't be convenient for me so I doubt I will stay there also. Maybe just keep for holiday home. But damn expensive to do that. Not sure if there are interested buyers....

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
iskandar resident top 2018? still a long way to go.....

rent demand is always there....we dont need supply completely met by demand...to get rental....

all we need is make my product top 20% in term of attractiveness...if that doesnt work....the other factor is price....I think attractive product with good pricing....many tenant will come.... :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, he's being too greedy. He himself admitted to it indirectly during an interview a few months ago. He said the opportunity was too good to give up. So he went ahead to do all he could (eg: allowing huge numbers of foreigners to come) while thinking the infrastructure was adequate. And he later also admitted it was a lack of 20/20 foresight.

STUPID EXCUSES!

For once, PAP admitted they lacked foresight!

Then why should they be paid so much? I thought they need to earn that kind of dirty huge amount of money cos of the "high responsibility" they held? Now that they have screwed so many big things up, they still earn their million $ salaries!

Poor performance aside, I think he is not a good PM as he is always protecting foreigners rather than Singaporeans. Like the PRC who scolded Singaporeans dogs, the Pinoy who threated to kill Singaporeans recently etc. Did he scold them at all? Not a word of reprimand. In comparison, how many times he has scolded Singaporeans? The latest just few days ago blaming and scolding Singaporeans in his facebook for littering when the event was attended by many foreigners (40% are foreigners as I read in the forum). What kind of PM is this? He owe us another apology for slandering Singaporeans.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The selfish 60% does not come to this forum nor any online forums/ blogs. But are bombarded by the approved print tv media 24/7 resulting in brain/white washed. Will sinkies take to the streets, I will never see it because of selfishness and narrow mindedness.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor performance aside, I think he is not a good PM as he is always protecting foreigners rather than Singaporeans. Like the PRC who scolded Singaporeans dogs, the Pinoy who threated to kill Singaporeans recently etc. Did he scold them at all? Not a word of reprimand. In comparison, how many times he has scolded Singaporeans? The latest just few days ago blaming and scolding Singaporeans in his facebook for littering when the event was attended by many foreigners (40% are foreigners as I read in the forum). What kind of PM is this? He owe us another apology for slandering Singaporeans.

Oh good point raised! I haven't considered this part.

Yes, true. When we get insulted by the foreigners whom he gave citizenship or PR status to, I don't remember hearing him openly advising these new citizens to understand and accept our culture here.

Instead, the last I remembered, instead, he was telling Singaporeans to HELP these new citizens and integrate with them!

Haha... Got such thing?!

I don't know of any government in the world will behave in this way. Imagine in the US, immigrants from different countries bring their own cultures there, speak in their own languages, can't speak English never mind. I tell you, there will be blood and protests everywhere.

This SG government has been given too much power!