• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest win update causing problems?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am using foxfire & after the recent windows update (yesterday) I notice problems with logging into sammyboy. Have to login a couple of times before it will recognise the login.

I don't encounter this problem when using my Mac to login.

Is this a Win or foxfire problem:confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never do automatic Windows Update, and only do them at least a few weeks after they have been released.

There had been cases of Windows updates bricking PCs, and Microsoft had to remove the patches afterwards.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
win 8? i avoid it at all cost, in fact i bought a copy of win 7, for my future computer that i am going to build in a few years time, so i dun have to ever touch win 8. piece of crap. it is worse than win vista or winme. what is wrong with microsoft.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
win 8? i avoid it at all cost, in fact i bought a copy of win 7, for my future computer that i am going to build in a few years time, so i dun have to ever touch win 8. piece of crap. it is worse than win vista or winme. what is wrong with microsoft.

Can share what is wrong with win 8? I just bought a notebook with Win 8 and tried to install win 8.1 update yesterday but the update didn't work and the computer revert to Win 8...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can share what is wrong with win 8? I just bought a notebook with Win 8 and tried to install win 8.1 update yesterday but the update didn't work and the computer revert to Win 8...

i used win since win 3.1
they always feel the same
win 8 totally different. i dun want to play where's wally game with their new menu everytime i want to run a program or do something.
crazy ah neh engineer must have design this piece of crap.

i have two 30 inch monitor at my desk, i dun want the stupid OS to do full screen everytime, do you know how much screen space i have, why do they have to do a full screen when running something very small.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Microsoft is very jealous of Apple's success with touch devices, so it attempted to leverage its traditional desktop businesses onto a touch-centric UI.
Hence Windows 8 was born.

This woman designed the tiles of Windows 8 UI.

article-0-15FF3148000005DC-692_634x401.jpg

Microsoft has some very brilliant employees. She is not one of them.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just sack anyone who push this win 8 GUI thingy.

i dun care what is their race, i just want win 9 back to the way of win 7. if not i will just stock up on my win 7 install disk.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just sack anyone who push this win 8 GUI thingy.

i dun care what is their race, i just want win 9 back to the way of win 7. if not i will just stock up on my win 7 install disk.

Sacked? She got a promotion after the release of Windows 8. Kissing ass does wonders for your career. :wink:

You will be disappointed with Win 9 because I think Microsoft will eventually turn Windows into a monthly subscription service. Already the signs are there: they're promoting their own app store and always emphasizing on their own cloud services.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is that you don't know if an update is for something important like closing security holes or just a load of pain.

I'm quite happy with Win 7 which supports TRIM for my SSD. However have no intention to upgrade to Win 8.0 because don't need the potential pain:o

If the problem persists I'll just stick to Mac OS when I'm visiting sammyboy :smile:
By the way has anyone upgraded to Maverick on the Mac OS:confused: It's suppose to be a FREE upgrade.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i used win since win 3.1
they always feel the same
win 8 totally different. i dun want to play where's wally game with their new menu everytime i want to run a program or do something.
crazy ah neh engineer must have design this piece of crap.

i have two 30 inch monitor at my desk, i dun want the stupid OS to do full screen everytime, do you know how much screen space i have, why do they have to do a full screen when running something very small.

Ahh yes the full screen thing is irritating, don't know why need full screen, anyway I downloaded an app yesterday that can play the SG radio, that is not bad! Other times I just goto desktop and use it the same way as last time...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that you don't know if an update is for something important like closing security holes or just a load of pain.

I'm quite happy with Win 7 which supports TRIM for my SSD. However have no intention to upgrade to Win 8.0 because don't need the potential pain:o

If the problem persists I'll just stick to Mac OS when I'm visiting sammyboy :smile:
By the way has anyone upgraded to Maverick on the Mac OS:confused: It's suppose to be a FREE upgrade.

The advantage of Window computer vs apple is it is cheaper, my new notebook only cost $799 for 15 inch, it is cheap and so far so good :smile:

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my dolby audio cant work after update! sigh...trying reinstalling driver also no use! fuck microsoft!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The advantage of Window computer vs apple is it is cheaper, my new notebook only cost $799 for 15 inch, it is cheap and so far so good :smile:

My current desktop PC will probably be the last PC I will ever own. I don't see myself using Win 8.

The Mac might cost more but it is really a nice product. The only problem with it is that I still find it heavy when I'm traveling. I plan to get an iPad to replace my Gen 1 iPod. Will see if I can use it as a traveling computer.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a mix of win xp and win 7 desktops in all my offices. seems the xp are the ones with least problems. I not sure what the differences between 7 and xp.too me, the same leh. both Can use word and excel and powerpoint.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
run services.msc and disable the shit out of Windows Update (XP: Automatic Updates) and stop the service.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a mix of win xp and win 7 desktops in all my offices. seems the xp are the ones with least problems. I not sure what the differences between 7 and xp.too me, the same leh. both Can use word and excel and powerpoint.

The main reason I updated to Win 7 was because it supported SSD drives i.e. supports TRIM. Win 7 will also search for the necessary drivers when you are doing a fresh install. This auto update is a mixed blessing. Such as auto updating to a version of flash which is buggy,...:(

You can of course ignore the auto updates but then you will miss the bug patches, security updates,...... that are sent out.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The main reason I updated to Win 7 was because it supported SSD drives i.e. supports TRIM. Win 7 will also search for the necessary drivers when you are doing a fresh install. This auto update is a mixed blessing. Such as auto updating to a version of flash which is buggy,...:(

You can of course ignore the auto updates but then you will miss the bug patches, security updates,...... that are sent out.

Windows IS itself a bug! You are trying to use patch the small bugs on the big bug. Even if you get rid of the small bugs, the big bug is still there.