• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Should Help Them – Quake death toll rises

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singapore's neighbour the Philippines just suffered a devastating earth quake today, death roll is rising. Singapore should quickly send our SCDF and maybe SAF soldiers to help rescue victims and clear debris after all what are neighbours for right?

Also I suggest Singapore Red Cross and all the charity organization should start donation drive to help them don't forget some of the victims are family members of fellow workers here in Singapore, MOM should spearhead this donation drive.

All religious organizations should organize virgils and prayers for the victims both dead and affected. Singapore should rise up in this special occasion to be the leader in this SEAsian community to help them after all we are so rich and can always afford to.

Philippine quake death toll rises to 73: Authorities

CEBU (AFP) - A powerful earthquake killed at least 73 people on Tuesday as it tore down modern buildings, destroyed historic churches and triggered terrified stampedes across popular tourist islands in the Philippines.

Fifteen of the confirmed fatalities were in Cebu, the country's second most important city and a gateway to some of its most beautiful beaches, the national disaster agency reported.

The 7.1-magnitude quake killed another 57 people in the neighbouring island of Bohol, famed for its rolling "Chocolate Hills", while one other person died on nearby Siquijor, which attracts tourists with its pristine white sands.

"I was thrown to the ground by the strength of the quake. Broken glass rained on me," Mr Elmo Alinsunorin, a guard for a government tax office in Cebu, told AFP. "I thought I was going to die."

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think if Pinoy land request, we will send ...but in such cases, must request first then we can react. On humanitarian grounds, we shld assist.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i think if Pinoy land request, we will send ...but in such cases, must request first then we can react. On humanitarian grounds, we shld assist.

Donations don't need they request first, we very ho-sim can volunteer to give them money or clothing or food

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup...estimated there are 50k pinoy in spore.....ask them each to donate $100..it's for their own ppl...enuf said

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to get too excited. That country has population of close to 90 million and the Visayas region (the region of the Phils where the quake happened) alone has more than 5 times Singapore's population so no need to panic over 73 dead. Their military can handle this by themselves.

SadPlumpGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to get too excited. That country has population of close to 90 million and the Visayas region (the region of the Phils where the quake happened) alone has more than 5 times Singapore's population so no need to panic over 73 dead. Their military can handle this by themselves.

Given pinoys no contraception laws, they should be able to reproduce pretty fast to fill the gap.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to help, send some money to Japan. Right now, a mega typhoon is crashing onto the main island, and it will probably hit Fukushima later.

Philippines? Fuck it. :cool: