• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is at Pasir Ris, still launching, $1088 psf..you should be able to guess the project...

good choice, singapore always a safer bet. better environment too. mind to share which location in sg? and is it under con? what's the psf? i am collecting data . thanks.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is at Pasir Ris, still launching, $1088 psf..you should be able to guess the project...

Coco Palm is now selling at $950 psf.
I am interested in the shop units..... but pricy.

But why buy such location?

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
IJM Land is developing a project called SEBANA COVE RESORT at an ulu place there called PENGERANG...very huge project...many low rise houses and huge sq ft...I just ask for fun since I am there...

very very nice place indeed, but need to drive 2 hours into the plantation area. Its a classy quiet resort place with dock, don't need to see if its for your own stay.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks! and congrats on a fine purchase.

yes I was interested as looking for a unit in the east for quite some time liao. Just turned off by the ABSD and since it's not my first loan i need to prepare 40% down, so didn't go ahead. I think it's a good buy, better than JB anyway. at least the environment is guaranteed and MRT is guaranteed too. in 10 yrs time you or your tenant will have option of another MRT line to east coast or town.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

950psf are the bigger units. the smallest units were as AUNTY said 1080psf. 500k++ for one. Gone very fast.

Last edited:

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong...... just strange you say you go and meet tai tai.

Successful men do not rely on rich women.

You need to eat at seminars? Really tell me how successful you are.

I want to be successful !! I don't need food. hehe ^o^

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not experts like you all, I buy cos
- the project name Coco Palm is nice.
- Walkable to the condo location from Pasir Ris MRT
- All along I like Pasir Ris.
- I also like the resort style concept plus the developer is CDL. The agent say this is the best plot among all the 5 plots CDL develop.
- I also ask a friend to go on a separate visit to give 2nd opinion.
- During the preview, my number was balloted only in the afternoon. I cannot get the unit I want so I settled for a lower floor unit. All 1-bedder was sold out on the Preview Day...
- The most heart pain is the extra 7% stamp duty cos it is my 2nd property after my HDB. No choice must pay.
- The max bank loan tenor allowed is 15 years, I have to bear in mind that the loan instalment will definitely be higher than the rental so I must top up every month..(so job security comes in) + all the taxes...
- My hubby no interest in property, otherwise can share to get a 2-bedder...

After buying this, I then realized with the same quantum, I could get a landed property in Malaysia:(...but my friend say SG property is safer...

I join this forum in the hope of knowing more about Malaysian properties from experts like you all...I learn a lot from you all so hopefully some other time I have enough to buy one..

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest news I know is that ABSD is here to stay. It will become a permanent feature...The speaker says that most likely they will tweak will be the sellers stamp duty...

Buying Malaysian property is another way to go as the loan in certain banks are not so strict.. You all young probably can take more risks than aunties like us..Malaysia is foreign to me as I have not went in for years. My main concern is security there as I heard from Malaysians themselves about the security issues there..

yes I was interested as looking for a unit in the east for quite some time liao. Just turned off by the ABSD and since it's not my first loan i need to prepare 40% down, so didn't go ahead. I think it's a good buy, better than JB anyway. at least the environment is guaranteed and MRT is guaranteed too. in 10 yrs time you or your tenant will have option of another MRT line to east coast or town.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this MRT line connected to the Thomson Line?

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
One reason why CDL can sell at lower price was because CDL bought this piece of land years ago at a cheaper rate and of course buyers like us will have shorter lease period ...

950psf are the bigger units. the smallest units were as AUNTY said 1080psf. 500k++ for one. Gone very fast.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest news I know is that ABSD is here to stay. It will become a permanent feature...The speaker says that most likely they will tweak will be the sellers stamp duty...

Buying Malaysian property is another way to go as the loan in certain banks are not so strict.. You all young probably can take more risks than aunties like us..Malaysia is foreign to me as I have not went in for years. My main concern is security there as I heard from Malaysians themselves about the security issues there..

stick to singapore properties if unsure, it's safer.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
One reason why CDL can sell at lower price was because CDL bought this piece of land years ago at a cheaper rate and of course buyers like us will have shorter lease period ...

ripple bay smallest unit )same size as CocoP) 418k . 3rd floor. launched a few years ago.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Aunty, for sure ABSD is not a perm feature, but TDSR certainly is. Check these quotes & links out for prelim understanding.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03a.aspx?id=14342

These new ABSDs and loan rules are significant, but they are temporary. They are being imposed to cool the market now, and will be reviewed in future depending on market conditions.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/too-early-to-ease/1280068.html

Mr Menon said the measures introduced to cool Singapore's housing market can be divided into two categories – structural measures such as the total debt servicing ratio which are meant for the long term, and cyclical measures such as loan-to-valuation limits and stamp duties that can be "recalibrated according to market conditions".

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Aunty, for sure ABSD is not a perm feature, but TDSR certainly is. Check these quotes & links out for prelim understanding.

These new ABSDs and loan rules are significant, but they are temporary. They are being imposed to cool the market now, and will be reviewed in future depending on market conditions.

Mr Menon said the measures introduced to cool Singapore's housing market can be divided into two categories – structural measures such as the total debt servicing ratio which are meant for the long term, and cyclical measures such as loan-to-valuation limits and stamp duties that can be "recalibrated according to market conditions".

Yes, i remember this editorial too. ABSD can be removed when market softens more. However, it should be at least another 2 years. Keep your bullets tightly!

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for pointing it out, kind of mix up the 2...

The agent says those who bought LIVIA (near Coco Palm) 5 years ago, laugh the way to the bank...I still need to save $$ to buy furniture, partially furnished. Hmm..cannot afford any SG property all very expensive...the rest 1 bedder near MRT more expensive + lesser loan +stamp duty+taxes...

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did enquire about projects like D Inspire which has sales packages that suits people with tight cashflow, but a friend who plays KL properties say the units pricey(eg a studio at RM$500k+ before 25%rebate) so I didn't go ahead.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received an SMS from an agent on a Cambodia project THE BRIDGE by OXLEY - 50% CASH, 50% LOAN - 10% CASH every half year...this project no cash no talk..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received an SMS from an agent on a Cambodia project THE BRIDGE by OXLEY - 50% CASH, 50% LOAN - 10% CASH every half year...this project no cash no talk..

You can only own properties above ground floor i.e. no land or landed properties in Cambodia. Most locals were quite poor and infrastructure was quite bad when I was there 3-4 years ago. Not sure if they can really afford the new properties.