• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Formula 1 Is Funded by Taxpayers buy Only The Rich Can Afford To Enjoy F1

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ngiam Tong Dow
We’re paying the Englishmen to stage the F1 night race here. Why should we use taxpayers’ money to pay for these races? I have asked this question publicly, but the MOF has never addressed it.
Doesn’t F1 put Singapore on the world map?

What does it mean by putting a country on the world map? I was born in a generation where every cent counts, so I believe we should spend our money wisely, and not on frivolities. Sometimes, I think our present Cabinet spends money on frivolities, and staging the F1 is my “favourite” example.

A Hong Kong delegation asked me what I consider frivolities. In Hong Kong, they have fireworks displays every year. One of the delegates asked me whether I thought it was a waste of public money. If everyone in Hong Kong can see the fireworks, then there is no waste; if only a restricted number of people can see it, then the money spent is wasted.

The taxpayers fund come from your COE, ERP, Expensive HDB and 10% GST.

The poors also pay GST but only the rich can enjoy F1 in Singapore as they can pay F1 tickets. Only the super rich like Ong Beng Seng is making profits from Taxpayers fund.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/healthcare-f1-and-politicians

do you want this kind of government? touch your heart and ask yourself.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They said that the F1 is good for tourism and generates revenue for the hospitality industry...

... but they had also said the same thing for the IOC meeting in 2005, the IMF/World Bank meeting in 2006, the YOG in 2010. All turned out to be untrue.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 Super Show has got the nation by its balls. Everyone yearns to see the spectacular circus and its glory. Damn, even my colleague's Primary One son was begging his papa to take him to see the event and started crying and screaming when he found out that papa had only one ticket for himself and was going to the event with his party buddies.

Cheers!

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They said that the F1 is good for tourism and generates revenue for the hospitality industry...

... but they had also said the same thing for the IOC meeting in 2005, the IMF/World Bank meeting in 2006, the YOG in 2010. All turned out to be untrue.

Some idiots will have to fork out $$$ to do all the setup for the F1 organization.
The question to ask is where does the $$$ came from?
And who exactly is this bunch of idiots thinking that this yearly event can really boost tourism and generates revenue for the hospitality industry?

Obviously the $$$ came from tax payers and this event doesn't benefit any of us at all except for the rich.
As for tourism, it's only for that 1 whole week where the entire F1 racing team from various countries came to spend their dollars here.

On the whole does the total amount of revenue earned from the hospitality industry within that 1 week far exceed those tax payers $$$ spent to setup the F1 race?