• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

...banks divide pple in 2 queues symbolic of class division...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Uh wat i meant is its pointless to have priority queue as elites use private bankers. So how can those tat use priority queues be elite ah?

That's exactly what I said in para 2. The real elite don't queue anywhere. The bank goes to them. :rolleyes: Are you blind or illiterate?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am trying to be a rude and hypocritical asshole like u. If elites dont need to queue due to them having personal banker's. Y is there a need for a priority queue in the 1st place? Should just get rid of it. If u need to go bank means u not elite. Soo all non elites go bank. And all non elites r peasants. Than peasants dont need priority queue. So have priority queue for wat?

That's exactly what I said in para 2. The real elite don't queue anywhere. The bank goes to them. :rolleyes: Are you blind or illiterate?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am trying to be a rude and hypocritical asshole like u. If elites dont need to queue due to them having personal banker's. Y is there a need for a priority queue in the 1st place? Should just get rid of it. As if u need to go bank means u not elite.

The priority queue is for the pseudo elite not the real elite. There is large segment of Singapore society that love showing off even though they're insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Banks pander to these elite wannabes because it contributes to their bottom line.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
some people go for the priority queue with an arrogant nose up in the sky!!!
this also applies to those who "cut queue" at the airport check in counter...not even priority queues or business class, but they do enjoy some special privileges after showing their "priority" cards....W T F!!!!

banks fair enough, but at the airport check in counters!!! they are not even business class flyers!!!!...and it happens at SQ counters!!! anyone got such an experience???

ChoBohLan

Alfrescian
Loyal
some people go for the priority queue with an arrogant nose up in the sky!!!
this also applies to those who "cut queue" at the airport check in counter...not even priority queues or business class, but they do enjoy some special privileges after showing their "priority" cards....W T F!!!!

banks fair enough, but at the airport check in counters!!! they are not even business class flyers!!!!...and it happens at SQ counters!!! anyone got such an experience???

KNN chee bye kopi, people got piroti you buay song siboh?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN chee bye kopi, people got piroti you buay song siboh?

where i buay song
i just dont like that arrogance mah
just like your mother's authentic organs stuff
getting damned tiresome liao.....you damned sibeh bohliao
bohlampar at all...open mouth only KNN....damned shameless lah
your parents must be damned ashamed of you...

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
The priority queue is probably the only reason to have a priority/priviledged/premier banking account with any bank.
Certainly not the relationship managers and the advice they provide. :rolleyes:
The queue and waiting time are indeed shorter, but the quality of service is the same.

Where got same?

UOB private and privileged banking besides free parking, they also provide free flow of wine, premier coffee, tea, cakes and sandwiches.

During transactions we get seated and they're extra courteous.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the point of being rich and successful if you have to wait in line with peasants? :rolleyes:

Anyway the "monied class" you see there aren't really that privileged either. They still have to battle the traffic to get to there. The real rich never step into a bank. The bank sends staff to see them.

Yes, at Credit Suisse they don't even provide cheque book, credit card and ATM card.

I usually give them my instructions by phone and they make their deliveries by hand.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just like bloomberg, but they don't serve Godiva.

there's no need to go to a bank these days, unless you need cash from an atm. in fact, atm's are all you need for simple peasant transactions. to deposit a check these days, simply take a pic with a smartphone and send pic to online account. banks continue to maintain staff and counters because the stupid and technologically clueless population continue to grow, not shrink. for example, viet pho and mexican burrito restaurant operators only accept cash, and they deposit wads of cash at counters every saturday weekend in the afternoon after lunch. those bank branches catering to them have to open till 3pm on saturdays. stupid third world peasants. :*:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The real rich never step into a bank. The bank sends staff to see them.
ya, man! ...

banks dun haf 2 show ze public how dey deal wif ze rich ... dey oni haf 2 show ze public how ze serf peasants ...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
as a pimp I also have to make my deposits in cash

. banks continue to maintain staff and counters because the stupid and technologically clueless population continue to grow, not shrink. for example, viet pho and mexican burrito restaurant operators only accept cash, and they deposit wads of cash at counters every saturday weekend in the afternoon after lunch. those bank branches catering to them have to open till 3pm on saturdays. stupid third world peasants. :*:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in a bank right now.

in front of me old lady with leg pain and a pregnant woman trying very
very hard to stand by holding side pillar....queue very long.

next to it a short priority queue with dedicated counters and fast service for the monied class.

so at the bank they divide the pple into classes and accord different quality of service for.each.

this.is.symbolic of a society with deep.divisions..and gaps in income

i ven't read the rest of the postings yet but let me guess. u were in DBS, tio bo? or the Dirty Bastards of Sgp.