• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is 500 times bigger than Singapore but only about 0.1% of that land mass is truly near enough to Singapore for development. Don't think anyone will buy a house in Mersing or Kluang and travel in out of Singapore to work. I am buying for long term. I see more long term potential in Malaysia than Singapore now in fact

2030 is 15 years away. the thing about m'sia is not like singapore. a 15 y/o condo will not keep going up in value because there is so much land there, people will buy newer condos. this is something to bear in mind when "investing' in malaysia. this is as opposed to s'pore, where old condos can still more or less keep pace with newer developments due to space restrictions

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is 500 times bigger than Singapore but only about 0.1% of that land mass is truly near enough to Singapore for development. Don't think anyone will buy a house in Mersing or Kluang and travel in out of Singapore to work. I am buying for long term. I see more long term potential in Malaysia than Singapore now in fact

with the HSR, people can stay in Muar or Melaka in future and still commute. (if HSR materializes).
my point is (just for discussion only la, hor).. why do you see long term potential? is it due to the exchange rate (2.57) . Because of the exchange rate property in Iskandar looks cheap. But to me, it is not. you can just google map. see the huge tracts of green green land there. you know the rule of economics about supply and demand.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u guys taken bullet train? Kee chiu..!

have taken chunnel train. does it count?. personally i don't think property near high speed rail and the stations are huat.. but that 's just me. must be at least 5 km away (agar agar guessing..) infact in m'sia, too near mrt track or station also damn lousy proposition.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
have taken chunnel train. does it count?. personally i don't think property near high speed rail and the stations are huat.. but that 's just me. must be at least 5 km away (agar agar guessing..) infact in m'sia, too near mrt track or station also damn lousy proposition.

you can only imagine the jam if everyone who stays 5km away decides to drive to the HSR station. those who stay near, within walking distance preferably, will be spared the jam.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can only imagine the jam if everyone who stays 5km away decides to drive to the HSR station. those who stay near, within walking distance preferably, will be spared the jam.

they may align the track outside your apartment window. plus it's malaysia. so confirmed everyone park in front your condo if your condo in front of HSR. and lots of dodgy people hanging around. and some stall selling cendol, luk luk, ramly burger will set up in front the condo. and some table for people to eat. rubbish throw everywhere.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed u also like to pinpoint the mammoths in e room. :p

a few week ago just took a "leisurely" drive (i.e stuck in massive jam) from TTDI to damansara height & bangsar.. ie along the mrt track consturction. i see some portion..the way they align the track ... ** faintzzz**.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
they may align the track outside your apartment window. plus it's malaysia. so confirmed everyone park in front your condo if your condo in front of HSR. and lots of dodgy people hanging around. and some stall selling cendol, luk luk, ramly burger will set up in front the condo. and some table for people to eat. rubbish throw everywhere.

so live near and live far also jialat !

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whomever build those RTS; the stations location will not be far from my estimation.

It will be build over current old train track.

Is it confirmed that it will be built over old train track? Then, it should be very easy to build right?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with HSR, do you think you want to stay in Muar or Melaka and come to Singapore daily to work?

with the HSR, people can stay in Muar or Melaka in future and still commute. (if HSR materializes).
my point is (just for discussion only la, hor).. why do you see long term potential? is it due to the exchange rate (2.57) . Because of the exchange rate property in Iskandar looks cheap. But to me, it is not. you can just google map. see the huge tracts of green green land there. you know the rule of economics about supply and demand.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old KTM train station is at the west side on the causeway. the thompson line connecting this RTS is at the east side. unless an overhead track bridge (or maybe underground) above the causeway is built to get over to the west side, likely the RTS station could be at the stulang / tanjung puteri area.

Whomever build those RTS; the stations location will not be far from my estimation.

It will be build over current old train track.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old KTM train station is at the west side on the causeway. the thompson line connecting this RTS is at the east side. unless an overhead track bridge (or maybe underground) above the causeway is built to get over to the west side, likely the RTS station could be at the stulang / tanjung puteri area.
They current KTM train station is just below the JB Sentral station and also on the East side of the causeway, same side as the Thomson line.

Since the lands on both the East and West sides of the JB entrance had already been sold to the Chink developer, R&F, so I believe the JB government can only use the existing KTM railway track and probably expand it to a double track for the RTS. Eventually, their KTM will just terminate at JB Sentral or further north. After all, I believe the revenues from the RTS will be shared between the MRT and KTM for the section between the 2 border stations, thus disqualifying the KTM a need to terminate in Singapore.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
but Vantage Bay and R&F now occupy the massive land there. Vantage bay Peter Lim also sad in a way because he tot that he can control the supply there with Sultan as his small time partner. Who knows the Sultan sold off the land to R&F and quickly collected the money rather than wait for Vantage Bay to be completed and still not sure if its profitable or not. Smart move by the Sultan as he could be richer than Peter Lim in a year or so

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart move by the Sultan as he could be richer than Peter Lim in a year or so
I suspect Peter Lim must be damned pissed off by the Sultan now because the profitability of his Vantage Bay will suffer and be greatly reduced by the competition from the R&F's development.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect Peter Lim must be damned pissed off by the Sultan now because the profitability of his Vantage Bay will suffer and be greatly reduced by the competition from the R&F's development.[/
It will not cannabalise but rather complement vintage bay as the whole coastline will be more vibrant and attract even more investors. The more the merrier.