• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rebecca and Gabriel Loh - "No one gets left behind"

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and read The PAP Manifesto: The Next Lap. They already made it clear that the poor can go and die as far as they are concerned.

There are many volunteer groups in the West and those that do the best job are the NGOs who have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY GOVERNMENT OR COUNCIL.

The NGOs come about because society actually cares. They may spend a portion of their time lobbying for government support but their primary role is looking after the less fortunate.

The PAP does not care because Singapore society as a whole does not care. A government is merely a reflection of the people.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
like you said , neighbors helped look after the kids. now can you find a neighbor willing to do this ?

truth be told, when me was staying at Tampines, me held on to the keys of my neighbors, 3 units in all. shared food and stuffs and taking care of my neighbor's kids were common place... and that was when me first learned that South Koreans love kimchi and sushi as much as they love to roam around their homes naked :p:p:p

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
WHEN i was growing up , hair cut was 50 cents, bus fare was 5 cent (or it was 10 cents)
for short distance.

like you said , neighbors helped look after the kids.
now can you find a neighbor willing to do this ?

A hair cut was 50 cents but salaries were very low too. Many people earned salaries of less than $60 per month

I look after my neighbor's children and their dog and cat when they are away so if I was your neighbor, I'd be happy to help you.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
do you think you have changed since then?.....Would you do such a thing now...not just for a day or two but rendering long term assistance to others, now that

you've progressed in all areas of your life especially financially.

A hair cut was 50 cents but salaries were very low too. Many people earned salaries of less than $60 per month

I look after my neighbor's children and their dog and cat when they are away so if I was your neighbor, I'd be happy to help you.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
do you think you have changed since then?.....Would you do such a thing now...not just for a day or two but rendering long term assistance to others, now that

I'm talking about now. My neighbor had to go for a funeral in Australia a couple of weeks ago and I looked after their children during the day.

When the whole family goes away, I feed their dog and their cat daily.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya thats good then....most people in the westernised countries do this sort of thing because firstly its a sensible thing to do and secondly , they dont have domestic

help. This happens in sinkie to by the way. I have no domestic help...havent had for nigh on 10 years. When we go out of town , the neighbours help to do some

stuff eg water our plants and feed the animals. We also chip in when they need help from time to time.

If someone or some people cared for Rebecca, this unfortunate event may not have happened.

I'm talking about now. My neighbor had to go for a funeral in Australia a couple of weeks ago and I looked after their children during the day.

When the whole family goes away, I feed their dog and their cat daily.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thousands of families who lived in far worse conditions have pulled through without resorting to murdering their own offspring.

When I was growing up in a kampong off Telok Kurau road, there was a woman who lived in a shack across the road. This shack had no electricity and no running water. Her husband was killed in a road accident while he was cycling to work.

She had 5 children ranging from 1 to 9 years old. One of the kids was retarded. She survived as a washerwoman for the rich rubber merchants who lived in huge mansions facing the sea along east coast road. While she was at work, neighbors helped look after the kids. I used to help out by buying provisions for them... a bar of Sunlight laundry soap, Darkie toothpaste and other small items which I could afford.

Her kids survived. The eldest son became a policeman. I don't know what happened to the others but they were not murdered by their mother. Instead, they were fed and clothed and loved to the best of her ability. However, she would not have been able to pull it off had it not been for the assistance from those neighbors and friends who helped her out

Before blaming the PAP for everything, why don't Singaporeans take a long hard look at themselves and explain why in an HDB block where thousands live, not a single person offered any form of financial or emotional help to make life more bearable for Rebecca and Gabriel.

My dad took in a middle aged widow as she has zero skill.... she co habitated with a lorry driver with half dozen kid for board n lodging, She was hired as a local maid and paid wage plus food n lodging. Dat was wat my dad cud do as he was a rich man...

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ya thats good then....most people in the westernised countries do this sort of thing because firstly its a sensible thing to do and secondly , they dont have domestic.

NEVER leave your kids alone with a guy who is always winking and riding on seatless bikes! :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If someone or some people cared for Rebecca, this unfortunate event may not have happened.

That has been the point I've been making since the beginning of this thread. Many people must have seen the predicament she was in. If just 2% of those who were aware of her plight had actually approached her and offered help, this tragedy would probably not have happened.

And what about Rebecca's family herself? Doesn't she have any sisters or brothers who could help out?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
NEVER leave your kids alone with a guy who is always winking and riding on seatless bikes! :biggrin:

I can assure you that the kids could do me far more harm. I'm very careful of this fact in today's topsy turvy world. That's why I only take care of them during the day and it's usually in the form of an outing to a public place. At night, a relative takes over.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
sometimes the family ties break down ..... sometimes also the harsh reality of people not wanting to 'know you ' kicks in ...especially when you are down and out

and need help. Thats when you'd expect the larger ' family ' to kick in......neighbours, friends, other agencies/groups eg churches, charities.

There must have been no one to care for her for some reason or other....so feeling at the end of the rope, and the loss of all hope she took this drastic action.

And what about Rebecca's family herself? Doesn't she have any sisters or brothers who could help out?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I can assure you that the kids could do me far more harm. I'm very careful of this fact in today's topsy turvy world. That's why I only take care of them during the day and it's usually in the form of an outing to a public place. At night, a relative takes over.

I have to agree on this. My nieces who were 3-7 had wanted to stay in my house during their summer vacation and I firmly rejected their parents. When I was visiting Vietnam, the eldest one loves to stick to me and was really touchy. I made sure there is only a first time and never a second time after that. I told my wife about it and she laugh it off saying she likes me because I'm a foreigner and she's just a child. But how could a child gets so touchy, gave me pecks on the cheeks and called me "my darling handsome boy"

I would never have allow my girl to behave like this.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
There must have been no one to care for her for some reason or other....so feeling at the end of the rope, and the loss of all hope she took this drastic action.

Why can't sinkies just admit that they are a selfish bunch of materialistic pricks who couldn't care less for the the elderly, the poor, the destitute and the downtrodden.

EG they clamoured for the government to do more to help the elderly but when the government wanted to build an old folk's home in the neighborhood, they were up in arms about the proposed facility spoiling the neighborhood and affecting their property values.

http://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/2012/02/facilities-for-elderly-not-welcome-here.html

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i dont think they dont care in a conscious way....in fact i think sinkies can be quite compassionate and caring.....the only thing is, like the example in the old folks

home you cited, they want to help on their own terms. Later as sinkiepore matures as a nation there should be less of this sort of thing and the citizenry will learn

how to handle wealth and be gracious and compassionate at the same time.

Why can't sinkies just admit that they are a selfish bunch of materialistic pricks who couldn't care less for the poor, the destitute and the downtrodden.

EG they clamoured for the government to do more to help the elderly but when the government wanted to build an old folk's home in the neighborhood, they were up in arms about the proposed facility spoiling the neighborhood and affecting their property values.

http://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/2012/02/facilities-for-elderly-not-welcome-here.html

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sidetrack from the topic. At woodlands mrt station, there is this guy who is wheelchair bound selling tissue paper. A young girl about the age if 7-10 would be with him at times to peddle the tissue paper. I have always bought from him at 3 packets for $5. It cost me $1 but I gave 5 as a gesture of goodwill. There was this time my wife came home and told me she also wanted to buy from the same guy but eventually not as the young girl was busy playing with the latest iPhone.

jw5

Loyal
This is one of the saddest stories in recent times and despite my best attempts not to politicise things that have no basis to do so, I went berserk when I saw the photos of the 4 clowns in grassroots attire at the front door of their house and realised that these arseholes were trying to make political capital of someone's misfortune.

For once, go and do something about it instead of just bitching about it on the internet.

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I was in my early 20s, I used to care for people.
Help old ladies collecting old newspapers to push her cart.
Saw a homeless man chased out by his brother and provided him with free food.
Help old ladies carry their groceries home when I see them struggling.
Help to write to Town council when I saw people on wheelchair had problem getting to the lift lobby due to HDB design fault.

After awhile, I stopped. Why? Because I was reading sammyboy and grew up.

Why can't sinkies just admit that they are a selfish bunch of materialistic pricks who couldn't care less for the the elderly, the poor, the destitute and the downtrodden.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That has been the point I've been making since the beginning of this thread. Many people must have seen the predicament she was in. If just 2% of those who were aware of her plight had actually approached her and offered help, this tragedy would probably not have happened.

Most Sinkie are bastards in attitude and that applies to their frds ( if they even had any REAL frds), kins or even their own parents!

Needless to say, the Sinkie have Masters who also have a bastard attitude towards them!

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Needless to say, the Sinkie have Masters who also have a bastard attitude towards them!

In other words the PAP attitude is simply the result of Karma. Payback time for the bastard attitude of sinkies. What goes round comes round. :p