• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the buyer has bought a choice unit in the condo of his liking, and also one that his wife also likes, he can always explore living in JB and rent out his HDB, turning the SG flat into the investment property. Even higher ROI! Of course this would also mean that they are willing to accept the inconvenience of the daily work commute.
Actually if you have only one fully paid up HDB and cannot afford a condo, you can only hold this HDB for life. Best case scenario, kena enbloc and you get to be upgraded yet still have to pay more installments. So any worse off between buying one in Iskandar?

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually it is not that costly to maintain a landed house. second hand already get everthing done. even if you buy directly from developers these days, they will install many things for you, like wardrobes,bathtubs.

the only things you have to do yourself is to choose for yourself lights and install metal grills, if you are concerned about safety. In my gng community, i am actually amazed that many people do not install grills at all or at most only on the ground floor. though i did from the top storey to the ground storey. others who did that are those who have babies.
they seem to have a lot confidence in the guards. probably it is not that dangerous to live in jb as one may think.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you have only one fully paid up HDB and cannot afford a condo, you can only hold this HDB for life. Best case scenario, kena enbloc and you get to be upgraded yet still have to pay more installments. So any worse off between buying one in Iskandar?

What you said is very true. I bought my HDB almost 15 years ago, prices were lower then which mean loan also lower, and with a few partial capital repayments done I will be looking to pay it off within a year or so. But getting another HDB at recent years' prices or at current prices would mean adding more monthly payments (and higher payments some more) on still just ONE property in Singapore, plus another 5 years MOP slapped on. So the option available would be to hold on to HDB, convert that to rental investment property, and buy a condo in JB. Of course can also choose to rent in JB, but the psychology of owning a property is different lah. There is a certain "shiokness" from owning a property as opposed to renting one.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually it is not that costly to maintain a landed house. second hand already get everthing done. even if you buy directly from developers these days, they will install many things for you, like wardrobes,bathtubs.

the only things you have to do yourself is to choose for yourself lights and install metal grills, if you are concerned about safety. In my gng community, i am actually amazed that many people do not install grills at all or at most only on the ground floor. though i did from the top storey to the ground storey. others who did that are those who have babies.
they seem to have a lot confidence in the guards. probably it is not that dangerous to live in jb as one may think.

LOL! I am also one of them who did not install grills on higher floors, but I reinforced the glass doors with Armour Shield coating. Some savings lah, and maybe less caged feeling. And with installed security system any violent hitting on the tough-to-crack glass could also trigger alarm. Plus I got noisy dogs that bark at anything and anyone. LOL! I think some G&G also stepped up their security. Recently our mgt committee installed those ninja-like barb wire fencing on top the entire perimeter fencing. In addition they also installed steel gates before the entry barriers. After midnight the steel gates will be used so it's like reporting to army camp like that whenever we go out or come back after midnight. I suppose this would help in discouraging any would be intruder-on-wheels after midnight hours.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Korean cosmetics company obviously never read this forum. Still want to invest. Tsk Tsk...
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...-sunrise-sells-land-to-s-koreas-amorepacific/
They build a factory here, use lorry sell to singapore their cosmetic products...fry ppty or land price is not their source of revenue so why do they even need to bother to read this forum?

I have a small unit at 1 Medini but don't intend to move in even though its fully furnished and renovated already. Rental is too low plus it incurs income tax and is not worth the trouble in my view. So am keeping it as a weekend retreat for family. Getting a cheap Malaysian plate car to keep there, intend to do day trips around Johor or Melaka now and then for nice food....
Curious to ask you, do you regret buying the small unit? How much you spend overall and psf? Since when you bought it and why you bought it, got self analyse or just receiving all the good news only back then? Please share with us your experience, is a good life lesson for investors and fellow forummers here.

Are they really negative condo? I used to hear that also. But lately, I was told the younger generation are slowly moving to condos rather than landed properties.
Heard that too, but i think that those are agents marketing strategy and lie. Youngster change very fast de.... first come to mind still hopeful their ppty belongs to affordable investment class rather than affordable consumption goods. If landed belongs to investment goods, they will opt landed over condo.... they got internet can survive anyway liao, condo amenities not factors of consideration.

Sounds good.

Do you all think in future, Iskandar Puteri can become like Singapore's Shenton Way?
Yes, 2050? or 2100 maybe? Totally agree with you, happy?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I no longer buying in Malaysia. Now my radar is moving elsewhere. (take note)

Small investors like us, prefer to play on level field. (I am only interested in zone A. Period)
Where have your radar moved to? Zone A looking at any particular location?

this Johor-Singapore tag team can provide first world safe living for a good 20 million people.
Current melbourne is 5 million ppl, 20 million is really a lot, those ppty owners will be very rich!

Ha ha why don't just go to invest in Melbourne? Like I did, rather then hope and wish stone can turn to gold.
Australia ppty policy lagi worse! Non citizen, non PR cannot buy second hand ppty, only NEW first hand building. So we are the cash cow to provide new ppty to the market. Melbourne apartment in Dockland and CBD area facing the same situation as iskandar facing, oversupply, construction non stop, many gullible investors were drawn by the urge to own foreign ppty and invest there....and xebay evilly encourage ppl invest there. overall all went down in value and it is just the beginning of the worse. I already told my friend few years bacck not to invest in melbourne off the plan high rise, if can build a new house on suburb making more investment sense.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/realestate/news/melbourne-vic/melbourne-cbd-home-sellers-lose-538-million-on-resales-in-march-quarter-corelogic-report/news-story/cdd7e98480695f2fca0f2ad688e50f85

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tell and give examples to my SG friends who look to buy properties in Johore, and inform them "Politics aside",in Malaysia, apartments are "Life Style Living" unless they buy something in Puteri Harbour which is something else. There is vast amount of land, why pay Rm 1 - 3mil for owing "space in the air" when they could own a nice house with a garden in a GG development.
Now there is CG and FC ( Forest City ) where building of apartments is done as soon as reclamation is done ???? What's the rush to buy these properties. I don't think this is wise investment choice long term or much less short term flipping. These investors have not thought through the consequences of these hastily built apartments, profits accrue to the developer. Investors have Long term to even cash in on purchase assuming ALL the State investment come to fruition??
I know in singapore bo bian, no choice, luxury a bit live condo, landed really hard to even find a reasonable one in reasonable price. But how come your SG friends got chance come to Johor...still want to live on tree??? Why singaporean mentality so hard to be understood by ordinary ppl. You ask typical aussie, they got chance will first choose to live on landed ppty, closer to CBD, the better. Not only malaysian, many others developed nation also cant understand why singaporean so like to live on tree.:*::confused:

Singaporeans are too used to super expensive and small condos in SG. Some could be overwhelmed by landed houses as they don't know how to maintain such huge areas. So when they realized they could buy a condo in Danga Bay, Forest City and Medini for a fraction of what they could get in SG, they thought it is a good investment.

In singapore, too expensive is not expensive while in iskandar too cheap is not cheap

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway Iskandar, Medini’s blossoming residential parcel

Posted on July 23, 2016 | 121 views | Topic : Featured Dev, News & Articles, Property News, Special Focus.

2hqqt8h.jpg

Soaring developer brings tranquility to the polished Medini Iskandar neighbourhood.

By VIKNESH ASHLEY

SPANNING across 2,230 acres is Medini Iskandar, a flagship development fashioned as a fresh vibrant township within Iskandar Malaysia.

This terrestrial expanse is rapidly growing, as several developers as well as familiar brands place their mark here.

Medini is split into four distinctive sectors excluding residential parcels. These include the creative, tourism and leisure, healthcare and wellness and creative industries.

Some of the popular attractions that are globally renowned here include Medini’s key tourist attraction, largely popular amongst children, Legoland Malaysia. The RM350mil attraction features well-known characters for TV shows such as Barney, Thomas & Friends, Bob The Builder and Pingu.

When it comes to education, this locale is also blessed with a string of popular institutions, including Newcastle University Medical Malaysia, University of Southampton Malaysia, Marlborough College Malaysia, Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology, Raffles University as well as Raffles American School, just to name a few.

Medini also offers world-class healthcare offerings to those that frequent the vicinity. The healthcare cluster within this key growth area is anchored by Gleneagles Medini Hospital while the wellness industry here is managed by the Medini Integrated Wellness Capital, developed by Eastern & Oriental Bhd.

Adding to that a Healthpark located approximately 10 minutes journey by car from Gleneagles Medini Hospital has been designed to supplement larger hospitals in Iskandar Malaysia. Here one will find an 80-bed Columbia Asia Hospital that is intended to cater to patients suffering minor injuries as well as short inpatient stays.

Sunway Iskandar is dubbed “Nature’s Capital City”. This township will offer its residents properties that lay between lakes, riverside as well as some that even front the sea.

Sunway Iskandar is planned into six exclusive parcels. The Lakeview, which is the first parcel to launch, will introduce nature-inspired city living by the lake that is also close to the sea. The next precinct is dubbed The Seafront. True to its name, it boasts a 2km beachfront with views of Singapore and the second-link.

The Riverside is a beautiful sight to behold as residents will enjoy the luxury of coming home to find the majestic 7km Pendas River at one’s doorstep while The Parkview is for those that enjoy the charm of botanical living where one can bask under the bright rays of the sun, surrounded by the vivid shades of a garden home.

The next parcel within the Medini township is called The Marketplace, bringing together the best of food, arts and culture, accompanied by beautifully landscaped gardens for its patrons to relax and unwind. The Capital is the heart of the township, a vibrant city balanced out via its surrounding parcels for residents to escape into nature.

Sunway Iskandar has introduced two luxurious residential gems targeted at different groups of property purchasers. As mentioned earlier, both properties will be set within The Lakeview parcel of the township, crowned Emerald Residence and Citrine Residences respectively.

Citrine Residences was the first to launch in the fourth quarter of 2014. This development is Sunway Iskandar’s first integrated development combining three components, a retail establishment to be managed by Sunway, designer offices as well as a serviced apartments.

This 328 unit lease property is the first to enjoy ultra-high speed Internet within the Medini vicinity and will be presented to buyers in either fully or partially furnished units.

Various layouts are offered catering to individual buyers’ needs in configurations ranging between 629sq ft and 1,528sq ft. Citrine Residences is currently sold at RM581,000 and is targeted for completion in the second quarter of 2017.
Those that prefer living within a landed property can opt for Emerald Residence launched in the fourth quarter of 2015. This parcel is dubbed “Landed Home by the Lake” and offers a 129-year lease tenure.

The 22-acre leading landed residential parcel will provide buyers various property options-two-storey link homes, two-storey super link homes and three-storey semi-detached homes available in configurations that range between 1,919sq ft and 4,290sq ft and is targeted for completion in the fourth quarter of 2018.

This hilltop community will be capsuled by a gated and guarded service, is walking distance to retail shops and enjoy impressive views of a majestic lake.

Sunway Iskandar is currently offering an exclusive sales promotional package to the buyers of Emerald Residence. This package includes free one year maintenance fee, private clubhouse facility access, RPGT tax incentives as well as free SPA and loan legal fee (appointed panel lawyer).

Sunway Iskandar enjoys a very special feature due to its placement within Medini. The locale can be purchased by foreign buyers freely, as it features a no foreign capping policy where foreigners can buy properties within Medini or more specifically Sunway Iskandar at any price cap.

Getting to the township is a breeze, as it enjoys excellent connectivity of approximately 5km to Singapore Second Link via the Coastal Highway Southern Link (CHSL) by 2017.

The development is also just 20km to Johor Baru town centre via the Coastal Highway, 4.5km to Kota Iskandar which is the government Administation Centre, 5km to Medini Mall, Legoland Malaysia and the ferry terminal and Puteri Harbour. The township is also a mere 7km to Educity in Nusajaya.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...kandar-medinis-blossoming-residential-parcel/

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it really so fantastic or are they being overly optimistic?

I kept hearing this "wellness centre" thing. Till today, I still don't quite understand what it means. Is it some zen-like thing or spa centre that can make one feel relaxed?

Out of curiosity, I went to Afiniti condo in Medini which supposedly has a "wellness centre". Couldn't find anything. Just empty spaces.

They seem to come up with many plans for Medini but I don't see the individual parts gel together firmly. What I do see are lots of condo clusters being built now!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it really so fantastic or are they being overly optimistic?

I kept hearing this "wellness centre" thing. Till today, I still don't quite understand what it means. Is it some zen-like thing or spa centre that can make one feel relaxed?

Out of curiosity, I went to Afiniti condo in Medini which supposedly has a "wellness centre". Couldn't find anything. Just empty spaces.

They seem to come up with many plans for Medini but I don't see the individual parts gel together firmly. What I do see are lots of condo clusters being built now!

We all know the glut is there. I love your persistance. To re-emphasise that the glut is there again and again or to say Singaporeans are screwed over and over again? It is like taking medicine. 3x a day and make sure it is after meals. No worries, it is just a another one of my Sunway morning cracks. :biggrin:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

We all know the glut is there. I love your persistance. To re-emphasise that the glut is there again and again or to say Singaporeans are screwed over and over again? It is like taking medicine. 3x a day and make sure it is after meals. No worries, it is just a another one of my Sunway morning cracks. :biggrin:

It is done out of good intentions, using all his time to repeat over and over again. Sadly, it reminds me of a mother who keeps telling her kids not to do this and that day and night, even beat them up to bring the point across, the kids will still do it. It is in human nature to be rebellious, especially if nagged too much, see it in all the kids.
I heard the recently launched uem houses at gerbang all sold out?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeap... Fully sold including BUMI lots.

I also heard the sunway iskandar shop lots almost sold out, like 95℅. And each of them is like above rm2 mil a pop ? And the sunway international school opens early next year. Extreme times requires extreme courage.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also heard the sunway iskandar shop lots almost sold out, like 95℅. And each of them is like above rm2 mil a pop ? And the sunway international school opens early next year. Extreme times requires extreme courage.

Raffles American International School ready August 2016.

I live close by to Sunway PJ. I have seen how Sunway developed itself from a waste mining land to what it is today. Sunway Pyramid is one of the most successful shopping complex in the country and its water resort too. It has its own medical center and even has 2 universities,one of them is Monash University on its ground. It has its own BRT system too. I am not surprised Sunway Iskandar will be another success.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha...Thank you! Phew, I was afraid I would be talking rubbish. At least I am consistent in my views! :smile:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is done out of good intentions, using all his time to repeat over and over again. Sadly, it reminds me of a mother who keeps telling her kids not to do this and that day and night, even beat them up to bring the point across, the kids will still do it. It is in human nature to be rebellious, especially if nagged too much, see it in all the kids.
I heard the recently launched uem houses at gerbang all sold out?

Yup, you're right. Done totally out of good intention.

As much as how often we've heard reports constantly saying Iskandar will boomz, Medini has many "catalytic developments", Forest City will be a vibrant mini city, etc. They too are like mothers in a way. :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...Thank you! Phew, I was afraid I would be talking rubbish. At least I am consistent in my views! :smile:

No worries. You are my opposite. But you are not wrong. It pays to be careful.
On the contrary, I am the brash, gung ho, not afraid to die type.

People who want to invest, we cannot tell them not to. We can only tell them to open eyes big big and if they still cannot get the hint, what can we do. We can only tell them what is reported in the papers what projects are coming on stream.
I actually heard some of these investors during the Teega launch and they wwere talking among themselves in the queue. Buy 2, flip one and get the other one free. I was like...errrr....I already had booking information mailed to me the night before, yet I am not buying due to no choice lots yet these people buy like buying vege. You try tell them be careful, you might kena wallop. :smile:

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, you're right. Done totally out of good intention.

As much as how often we've heard reports constantly saying Iskandar will boomz, Medini has many "catalytic developments", Forest City will be a vibrant mini city, etc. They too are like mothers in a way. :smile:

My view is that 5 years down the road, Iskandar will see good prospect. However, from now till then, there will be a deep crash due to oversupply. That's why my friends (investors) and I are waiting. I intend to invest together with others so that we can buy more units to spread risk. You know it is time when you see lower-than-developer price in open market.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that 5 years down the road, Iskandar will see good prospect. However, from now till then, there will be a deep crash due to oversupply. That's why my friends (investors) and I are waiting. I intend to invest together with others so that we can buy more units to spread risk. You know it is time when you see lower-than-developer price in open market.

Could be more than 5 years before we see "good prospect".

A popular Malaysian property speaker said now Iskandar property market is on a downturn. In 2018 there will be a revival of interest, and thereafter, prices will "take off". I asked him straight in the face, why 2018? Any evidence about the "take off"? He kept quiet.

All these numbers that people throw are just based on "I feel..., I think". All gut feeling. Some throw in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years. Realistically, 10-15 years. A report by a few bank analysts even put it at 15-20 years. I tend to believe the last one although nobody knows. 5 years is too short, not for Medini definitely.

Yes, once many of the condos in Medini are completed by 2017/18, and investors find they cannot rent out, cannot resell in the market, many could slash prices and run. That's when you might want to get in.

But to be safe, from an investor's point of view, I find all these Medini properties are better to buy for your own stay. This kind of uncertain time line, long waiting time for place to develop, plus other uncertainties make the investment rough and risky.