• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guy's im looking to invest into a 1,356sqft WaterEdge Apartment that is still available due to failed loan.

Anyone already moved in? I think Block B already collecting keys and Block A is next week.

Block C will start from RM750psf.

Went to see the place, the SC development is nice. But i find the apartment layout actually not ideal in terms of space maximization.

Thoughts?

Generally avoid condos in JB unless you are using it yourself and want to enjoy the facilities. This is due to large oversupply and poor track record of maintenance.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wateredge apt is selling fast now. Ppls start to notice wow wow factors.
Dun say i bull shit..:p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
not a hater but curious what does wateredge has that other condo in JB doesn't?

Back from my gardening..:biggrin:

I see ppl keep on coming and book their unit..seems like it doesnt affect by the glut. Of coz, 人气 is veri veri...important when choosing condo in jb. :p Huat huh!

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Book the unit? Still buying?
But I agree, the buying interest is pretty steady. Seems like the marina side makan area is driving a lot of interest as people when they come over can see the development first hand.
The build quality is pretty great. Especially in Johor.
Think the units can sell themselves.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Book the unit? Still buying?
But I agree, the buying interest is pretty steady. Seems like the marina side makan area is driving a lot of interest as people when they come over can see the development first hand.
The build quality is pretty great. Especially in Johor.
Think the units can sell themselves.

最有人气的condo in JB.
Many locals come to buy up now, even on weekdays
No buy no more already.:p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw another celebrity here. Am I at Caldecott Hill?!:p
I hope can see heavyweight actresses..like fiona xie..etc.:p winkwink

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays many Mediacorp artistes are Jiu Hu Lang, so no big surprise they are looking at Johor properties as they work in SG.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays many Mediacorp artistes are Jiu Hu Lang, so no big surprise they are looking at Johor properties as they work in SG.

Err..is sinkie lang.

Btw, today I saw a jiu hu lang, she told me she is sinkie when i talked to her. :o

Who care..as long as she pay the condo maint fee..:p
U so super duper rich, we luv to have you as our neighour.:biggrin:

Winkwink..

Last edited:

GoNorth

Hi Everyone,

May I know if anyone finding the defects being done for your unit in block B is very slow?
Would love to hear your experience, if any.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone,

May I know if anyone finding the defects being done for your unit in block B is very slow?
Would love to hear your experience, if any.

Of coz it will slow down the defect rectification when more and more owners are collecting their key. Furthermore, A block owners are submitting their key as well.

If there is no serious defect, i suggest you can do your reno concurrently with the rectification.

I foresee this issue will occur, so i wake up early to find the worms.:p they are so free back then..wahaha..:biggrin:

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, went to view a unit. Was rather disappointed with the outcome. The floor tiles are the same standard as with most other average condos. Even the bathrooms don't come with their glass shower screens and I don't know why they want to save on this little bit as well. Only laminated flooring for the rooms. The intercom system is not video enabled. I also cannot understand why it doesn't have the sauna facility. I would have expected better from an Australian developer.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange. Thought it was OK.. For Johor standard should be pretty good.
Although I haven't seen an empty unit yet. Feedback from the forum seems generally positive

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, went to view a unit. Was rather disappointed with the outcome. The floor tiles are the same standard as with most other average condos. Even the bathrooms don't come with their glass shower screens and I don't know why they want to save on this little bit as well. Only laminated flooring for the rooms. The intercom system is not video enabled. I also cannot understand why it doesn't have the sauna facility. I would have expected better from an Australian developer.

Yes, dont understand why cant they give e shower screen. :mad:
Find the floor tiles quite okay, kitchen cabinets and top dun look cheapo compare to other mid range condos. Room's door can be more solid.
Initial my specs dun come with wooden flooring. So i forgive them. :p

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, dont understand why cant they give shower screen. :mad:
Ah, tell you why here: They told me that architect says to have better handicap accessibility, which I think is bull-shit by the developer.

Anyway, Block C will come with much better quality finishing, but also at a higher price.

If yours is Block A or B, do take note that in future (although could be many years more), Tropicana may also build high-rise condos to affect your current wonderful unobstructed views.

Overall, the place looks peaceful and serene. Nice environment though I may say. Why the guards in your main (vehicular) entry guardhouse like to slang like an ang moh?

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a price for everything I guess.. Why would Tropicana block the view.. Thought they're further down..
Even if they build it I doubt it will be that soon
There's still a long way off still.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a price for everything I guess.. Why would Tropicana block the view.. Thought they're further down..
Even if they build it I doubt it will be that soon
There's still a long way off still.
Yes, they are further down, but not that far, only about 2km to the East, just directly opposite Green Haven, which I had also gone to view yesterday.

Tropicana's original plan was to build condos. However, due to the current suspension of new condo development for the next 4 years by the state authority, and coupled with the present situation on the oversupply of condos in JB, I also don't foresee the Tropicana's condos to be build at least for another 6 years or more, which by then, those units at The WaterEdge may have also changed hands. Since that piece of land is now pre-owned, it will be developed eventually when Masai and Pasir Gudang will get more populated, though it will take quite some time.

Last edited: