• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
God's wrath on wickedness really offends the wicked and sinners!

Atheists are angry when they read such verses in the Bible. They say God is evil. But hang on, how does the atheist justify his anger? Based on what moral codes or standards? How does the atheist account for the existence of moral standards? Are such standards absolute or arbitrary? These are questions that force atheists into a corner with no way out.

Atheists are very angry when they read of slavery, rape and incest and childrent killings. We are wicked and sinners.

The good one, please share in 2 kings 2:23 what wrath 42 anger your Jewish lord?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atheists are very angry when they read of slavery, rape and incest and childrent killings. We are wicked and sinners.

The good one, please share in 2 kings 2:23 what wrath 42 anger your Jewish lord?

Justify your anger and account for your moral standards first please.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's You

I have absolutely the best marriage of anyone whom I know.

How do I know that? I don't, it's just what I feel.

I am happy with my wife, my house, my car, my body, my kids, my
job, my church, and my country.

Sure, all of them have snags, all of them have faults, but
overall I wouldn't trade them; I am happy.

"Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you
have." That's a quote that I remember from a little boy.
It's true, very true.

Society doesn't gear us to want what we have.
Otherwise, we wouldn't buy the new and improved version.
We are made to feel as though we need something different to be
happy, something better.

Are there better wives out there than mine? Maybe.
Even if there were and I had her, would there then be a better
one than that one? Probably.

There is always something better, fancier, faster, more
powerful, and more expensive. Always. If not now, it's coming.

Computer programs keep us waiting for an upgrade.
An upgrade supposedly fixes all of the current bugs.
Often, the upgrade introduces new bugs.

We are in a constant state of trying to get something better and
different. We are often trying to be someone different, even
when the current us is pretty decent.
If you are not happy being you, then who else can you be?

I neither want to nor have the ability to trade places with
anyone. I am happy with myself. With all life's faults, with
all of my faults and my continuing struggle to improve,
I am happy.

There are a lot of others who have more stuff. But there aren't
many who are happier with the stuff they do have.
That's the key. Are you happy with the stuff that you do have?

Are you happy with yourself?

You are you and that ain't going to change.

An old proverb says:

"Be what you is, not what you ain't,
'cause when you is what you ain't,
then you ain't what you is."

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whahaha, you are the folks that need account your moral standard. Why are the non beliviers evil and wicked?

The usual side-stepping of my questions again? I can certainly account for the existence of moral values and standards,but can you? Betcha not.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only Once In Your Life

Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who
can completely turn your world around.

You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul
and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear
more.

You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true,
goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life
has thrown at you.

When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them
about it, knowing they will share in your excitement.

They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or
laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they
hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough,
but rather they build you up and show you the things about
yourself that make you special and even beautiful.

There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a
quiet calmness when they are around.

You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of
you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem
insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become
invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.

Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid
it’s like being young again.

Colours seem brighter and more brilliant.

Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent
or didn’t exist at all.

A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a
long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.

In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation,
but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.

Things that never interested you before become fascinating
because you know they are important to this person who is so
special to you.

You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you
do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky,
gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.

You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be
broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love
and joy that you never dreamed possible.

You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your
heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you.

You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly
a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end.

Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile.
Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part
of your life.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 24

God Kills the Curious

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this hol God? and to whom shall he go up from us? (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
God Discriminates Against the Handicapped

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron that in all future generations, his descendants who have physical defects will not qualify to offer food to their God. N one who has a defect may come near to me, whether he is blind or lame, stunted o deformed, or has a broken foot or hand, or has a humped back or is a dwarf, or ha a defective eye, or has oozing sores or scabs on his skin, or has damaged testicles. Even though he is a descendant of Aaron, his physical defects disqualify him from presenting offerings to the LORD by fire. Since he has a blemish, he may not offer food to his God. However, he may eat from the food offered to God, including the holy offerings and the most holy offerings. Yet because of his physical defect, he m never go behind the inner curtain or come near the altar, for this would desecrate my holy places. I am the LORD who makes them holy." (Leviticus 21:16-23 NLT)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
God Discriminates Against the Handicapped

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron that in all future generations, his descendants who have physical defects will not qualify to offer food to their God. N one who has a defect may come near to me, whether he is blind or lame, stunted o deformed, or has a broken foot or hand, or has a humped back or is a dwarf, or ha a defective eye, or has oozing sores or scabs on his skin, or has damaged testicles. Even though he is a descendant of Aaron, his physical defects disqualify him from presenting offerings to the LORD by fire. Since he has a blemish, he may not offer food to his God. However, he may eat from the food offered to God, including the holy offerings and the most holy offerings. Yet because of his physical defect, he m never go behind the inner curtain or come near the altar, for this would desecrate my holy places. I am the LORD who makes them holy." (Leviticus 21:16-23 NLT)

Very interesting but completely misleading way of using outrageous headlines to distort the already out of context cut and paste Bible passages. If anyone is an expert in running smear campaigns it would be you! And BTW that's not a compliment.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! My daily bible verses cut and pasted here are raw and unedited:wink: They are not applied in any context of discussion here. Unlike christians and pastors, their quotes are cherry picked and always out of context for some purpose:wink:

I have not seemed you jumped out to accuse pastor kong hee of quoting out of contex:wink: I don't blame you, a lot of his followers believed there is an smear campaigns running against their holy pastor who is doing the work of god:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
God's wrath on wickedness really offends the wicked and sinners!

Atheists are angry when they read such verses in the Bible. They say God is evil. But hang on, how does the atheist justify his anger? Based on what moral codes or standards? How does the atheist account for the existence of moral standards? Are such standards absolute or arbitrary? These are questions that force atheists into a corner with no way out.

Genesis: "Lot, the righteous man living in Sodom, offers to let the crowd rape his virgin daughters so that his guests won't be mistreated. "

Why LOT deed is not considered evil by christians?

Thankyou for showing team drifter your true color:wink: You are alienating us from your mission. Erection2011, are you are ashamed of yourself?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genesis: "Lot, the righteous man living in Sodom, offers to let the crowd rape his virgin daughters so that his guests won't be mistreated. "

Why LOT deed is not considered evil by christians?

Thankyou for showing team drifter your true color:wink: You are alienating us from your mission. Erection2011, are you are ashamed of yourself?

The Bible recorded what Lot did, is there anywhere stated that Lot did a very good thing by offering his daughters to the mob who wanted the men who were under his protection? Where did you get the idea that Christians did not consider this wrong?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Can't Complain

I can't complain is a common answer that many use when asked the
question, "How are you doing?"

A friend answered me that way recently. "I can't complain."

I thought about it.

Yes you can.

Yes you can complain. You can complain about virtually anything.
Even if one area of your life is virtually perfect, there will
be something in another area that could use improving. There
will be something that you can complain about.

The poor have complaints.
The middle has complaints.
The rich have complaints.
Those with little power have complaints.
The president has complaints.

Due to the very nature of life, there will always be things that
you can complain about, that's not the question nor the issue.

The question is, "Will you?"

Will you see the beauty or the bump? The glory or the gory?
That which you have or that which you perceive that you lack?
The excellent or the terrible?

Depending upon your viewpoint, you will either praise or
complain.

Listen to the sermon, "See The Beauty" an adventure in seeing
the beauty in less than ideal situations.

So how am I doing?

Excellent!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Death for Cursing Parents

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Death for Cursing Parents

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Have you been cursing your father or mother? What do you think cursing your parents mean, and what does that says of the one who does that? And try relating this to the 5th commandment about honoring your father and mother. It's a shame that many people do not hold their parents in high regard, which God does. Try appreciating God's standard of holiness and morals that He requires of us.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you been cursing your father or mother? What do you think cursing your parents mean, and what does that says of the one who does that? And try relating this to the 5th commandment about honoring your father and mother. It's a shame that many people do not hold their parents in high regard, which God does. Try appreciating God's standard of holiness and morals that He requires of us.

LOL again! What does that say of many well heard stories young converted christians that mistreated their parents and elders at home? The eastern people especially the chinese has a long tradition of respecting the living elders and dead ones. beensetfree, you not ashamed of your cult?