• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Later Part

According to Ecclesiastes, sooner or later, for every one of us,

"The sun and the light and the moon and the stars grow dark,
the clouds return after the rain."

We are all subject to the merciless and inevitable order of this
life, in which the young and the beautiful wither and the strong
grow weak.

Yet there is more to this life.

There are certain human qualities that seem to go the other way.

As the physical frame ages and bears the consequences of life's
struggles and passage of time, these qualities grow, increase,
and flourish, and really start to blossom only at the later part
of a long life.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Power of Words

Proverbs 16: 24 "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul,
and health to the bones."

Oh what power in our words,
spoken as we go our way.
Words can comfort, words can heal,
and words can bring a brighter day.

Words are "matters of the heart" revealed,
Words are "thoughts of the mind"
once concealed.

"Right Words" have healing power
to touch lost sheep wandering
out in the cold,

"Wrong words" have power to bring... pain and sorrow
to a weary soldier's soul.

Warriors in life's battle....
can be wounded in their fight.
Warriors in God's army; who once fought with strength and might.

Weary soldiers must go running....
to the Father when they fall down.
He will pick them up and hold them,
give "shoes of peace"....
to stand on heaven's higher ground.

Words from the Saviour minister...
as they go straight to the heart,
Words of wisdom......words of life,
give weary soldiers a brand new start.

The Father looks down from up above,
speaking words of instruction and love
then they are carried by heaven's
"Holy Dove".

The enemy of our soul rages....
to bring war all across this land.
His army uses "thoughts and words".....
to sow discord in the hearts of men.

Words of anger, words of pride,
secretly spoken about another,
Can separate the closest friends
and harm a sister or a brother.

Oh how the Saviour must desire....
for his children to seek His face,
Oh how He longs to bring comfort....
with "healing words", as we travel in life's race.

One word spoken by the Master can heal many hurts untold,
His words bring such joy and happiness
and satisfy a longing soul.

He's the mender of hearts torn.....
wounded by life's pain or sorrow,
He's the healer who longs to give souls
a brand new hope for each tomorrow.

If your heart has been broken....
by the Master of Disguise,
If you have been wounded.........
by his manifest schemes and lies;

Just look to the Healer
and call upon his name,
With his rod and staff He'll guide you
and then remove all Satan's blame.

Troubles Satan wants you to expect
or watch for in another,
All have to crumble and then fall
with "words of peace" spoken by your "Elder Brother".

Try not to look for faults or failures
changes this life may sometime bring,
Focus instead on all the "good things"
teaching spirits to "joyfully sing".

Each step in this walk which may bring progress along the way,
must be sown with seeds of love,
where thoughts of discord have no place.

Expectations in helping another
must be filled with Words
of the Saviour,
As he leads and guides us....
teaching us Christlike behavior.

So let the Father speak to you
as you look unto the future,
Let him give you words of peace,
then go and sow them to another.

When we stand before His throne
and answer for each deed and word,
Will the things of good discerned......
outweigh those of troubles another heard?

True changes of our Lord breathe new life and join others together,
Dreams given by the Master, will carry us through even stormy weather.

Listen in the midnight hour...
Let Him speak and call your name,
For once you hear the Saviour's voice,
you will never be the same.

John 15: 7: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. "

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Road Of Life

At first, I saw God as my observer, my judge, keeping track of the things I did wrong, so as to know whether I merited heaven or hell when I die. He was out there sort of like a president. I recognized His picture when I saw it, But I really didn't know Him.

But later on when I met Christ, it seemed as though life were rather like a bike ride, but it was a tandem bike, and I noticed that Christ was in the back helping me pedal.

I don't know just when it was that he suggested we change places, but life has not been the same since. When I had control, I knew the way. It was rather boring, but predictable... It was the shortest distance between two points.

But when He took the lead, He knows the delightful long cuts, up mountains, and through rocky places at breakneck speeds, it was all I could do to hang on! Even though it looked like madness, He said, "Pedal!"

I worried and was anxious and asked, "Where are you taking me?" He
laughed and didn't answer, and I started to learn to trust. I forgot my boring life and entered into the adventure. And when I'd say, "I'm scared," He'd lean back and touch my hand.

He took me to people with gifts that I needed, gifts of healing, acceptance, and joy. They gave me gifts to take on my journey, my Lord's and mine.

And we're off again. He said, "Give the gifts away; they're extra baggage, too much weight." So I did, to the people we met, and I found that in giving I received, and still our burden was light.

I did not trust him at first, in control of my life. I thought He'd wreck it; but he knows bike secrets, knows how to make it bend to take sharp corners, knows how to jump to clear high rocks, knows how to fly to shorten scary passages.

And I am learning to shut up and pedal in the strangest places, and
I'm beginning to enjoy the view and the cool breeze on my face with my delightful constant companion, Jesus Christ.

And when I'm sure I just can't do anymore, He just smiles and says....
"Pedal."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Speed of Light

"You are the light of the world." (Matthew 5:14)

As Christians we are called to be the light of the world. We're supposed to be examples to the people around us who are not saved. It is our job to show this dying place a love from a Savior that will erase their deepest, darkest secrets and give them hope for a future. The only way to show the love of Christ is to act like He would.

The other day I was cruising down the highway in the city when a van past me by. I glanced down at my speedometer and I was going around 65 miles an hour. So this guy was hauling. After he passed me, a speed limit sign showed 45 miles an hour. "Wow, he's just asking for a ticket." I snickered as he continued to pass.

After he passed through, I was amazed to see that it was a van for the handicapped, and on the back it said, "We take pride in driving safe, see you at the next stop light." I couldn't believe what I just saw. Here was a guy already breaking the law and then to be speeding displaying that type of sign on the the rear of his van, was just beyond my comprehension.

Now, I don't know about you, but I started to think differently of how this person was. Sure he says one thing about driving safe, but then the next second he's speeding down the highway.

Of course it didn't take me long to realize that if I knew he was going faster than 65 there was a problem, because not only was he speeding, but so was I. Now I don't have a "drive safe" sticker on the back of my truck, but what I do have is a bumper billboard for the tailgate of my truck. I have two Christian bumperstickers and a sexy little gold plastic fish attached.

So, when people see my truck, they know that a Christian is inside it, but, when they see me flying down the highway drag racing a handicapped van, people will start to wonder what kind of Christian I am.

When you claim Jesus as your Savior you also claim His name. You become a walking billboard for Christ. Everyone that passes by you knows there is something about you that sets you apart from the crowd. Knowing this, we have to strive to be as good a Christian as possible, because through our actions, we give people reasons to believe in us or to think that it's all a phony. I mean if you can't tell the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian then what's the use?

Use this week to set yourself apart from the rest of the world and let your little light shine. You would be amazed at how fast light can travel. May peace be with you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Supreme Scientist

THE MYSTERY

Try to imagine God as a scientist. An inventor, creator, desingner, engineer. He would, naturally, be the greatest of all scientists -- the Supreme Scientist.

This scientist can create anything. To pusue his experiments and studies He has created a vast science center -- the Complex -- on thousands of square miles of rolling hills, plains, and deserts. The buildings and laboratories strectch on and on, beyond numbering, beyond calculation. Housed within them are great cyclotrons, nuclear power plants, mammoth banks of computers, soaring towers, architectural masterpieces, infinite varieties of color, sounds and shapes. Nearby, on unbounded tracts of forest and meadowland, new life-forms dance in the golden light of a morning sun that never sets.

The Complex vibrates and thunders and shimmers and sings. Working throughout this Complex is a huge company of white-cloaked techinicians, tireless servants of the Scientist who witness His limitless wisdom and creative power and move at the speed of thought to do His bidding.

From the least to the greatest, every techinician knows that the Prime Directive calls for absolute purity in the Complex. No hint of impurity -- not even the merest thought of contamination -- could be tolerated. These standards, however are no burden for the technicians, who serve their Leader with passionate loyalty and great joy. A perpetual sense of awe sweeps across the great environs like freshening rain -- each creative wonder from the hands and heart of the Supreme One seems to exceed the last. Anticipation is always rewarded with greater realization that the most daring techinician could have imagined.

But here the story takes an unusual twist. There was a mystery in the Complex... a mystery so baffling, so deep, that not one among the numberless hosts of techinicians could offer the slightest clue toward its answer, though they ached to know it. For the mystery involved the Supreme Scientist himself.

Day after day they watched the Scientist leave His other pursuits and walk toward one building -- just one out of all the buildings with the sprawling reaches of the Complex. It was an average sort of building, a single galaxy cluster out of all the millions of clusters He had made.

Soon there wasn't a technician throughout the whole realm --for news traveled rapidly -- who wasn't familiar with the Scientist's strange obsession. He would always walk to exactly the same spot -- into that one ordinary building, through the halls, past many doorways, until just past a door marked "ANDROMEDA" He would walk into the room designed "MILKY WAY".

Inside the room were long rows of translucent cabinets filled with trays of billions of glass slides. Every day, without exception, the Scientist would walk down the aisles to one cabinet marked "ORION ARM". Then to one particular drawer which he would pull open. And finally to one particular glass slide. Just one, with the tiny label, "Solar System".

Then He would take that all-too-common-looking slide over to His electron microscope and begin to move it around. He would see the sun within that slide, but move quickly past it. Jupiter and Saturn would come into view, but the Scientist would hurry past these as well, all the while boosting the magnification of His massive microscope, until... a tiny bluish-green speck came into view.

A planet called Earth.

All the massive army of technicians was aware that He would spend hours looking at that one bit of blue-green on that one tiny slide form the one file drawer, from the one bank of files, in the one room of the one building among the mind-staggering millions of buildings within the Complex.

Why?

The Scientist only added to the perplexity of His technicians when He told them to pay attention to two infinitesimally small creatures on the face of that bluish-green speck -- two thinking, moving, feeling creatures. "Watch carefully, My servants," He told them. "What happens with these creatures will be the greatest exhibition of My creative capacity. The ultimate expression of My greatness."

The Supreme Scientist also informed them that by some process known only to Him, He had placed something of Himself in those beings. In fact, He had created them in His very image.

Wonders and more wonders! The technicians were reduced to astonished silence. To think that anything so small...

The scientist in His wisdom had also developed a means of communicating with the creatures -- of actually introducing thoughts from His infinite mind into the minuscule world of their own minds. He spoke in their language. They could hear His very voice. They could hear the sound of Him in their garden in the cool of the day.

Day after day the technicians witnessed this most incredible of relationships, as the Supreme Scientist visited with the little ones on the tiny bluish-green speck.

Though no one would have thought of questioning the Scientist's activities, it was... well, difficult to comprehend. The technicians were awere -- and only partially aware at that -- of the length and breadth and multiplied marvels of the Complex.

So many wondrous happenings in so many laboratories and galleries and observatories throughout the Scientist's realm -- the terror and beaty and glory of it all! Rivers of music... mountains of living crystal... cathedral caverns of pure color... sky-rending explosions of joy... all this! Yet the Scientist spent so much time with that speck. That one all-but-invisible speck.

The creative years sped by as the Complex remained alive with motion and discoveries and celebrations and a great deal of hard work by the technicians.

CONTAMINATION!

When the news came, it fell over the Complex like a sudden shadow. An unspeakable tragedy had taken place. Something inconceivable, monstrous.

Contamination had been discovered within the Supreme Scientist's domain! There was no need of sirens or alarm bells. The Scientist's grief was a tangible presence that could be felt in every corner of the Complex. To make matters worse, the impurity had been discovered in that one building, in the one corridor, in the one room, on the one slide... on the tiny bluish-green speck.

The very object of the Scientist's prime concern! Some dreadful, incurable virus had somehow enveloped the two tiny creatures. And as the creatures multiplied, the contamination multiplied too. The whole population was dreafully marked by this vile thing called "sin".

It would only be a matter of time. All the technicians knew what had to be done. The Scientist could not live with impurity -- that speck had to be destroyed. He would take a bottle of sulfuric acid, draw out a microscopic portion, and let the droplet fall on the diseased speck. In just an instant it would fume and froth and boil and that would be the end of it. It was unfortunate, but it had to be done. The Prime Directive demanded it. The very purity and integrity of the whole Complex was at stake.

Why then did the Scientist seem to... hesitate? The technicians looked at one another as they pursued their many tasks. What was it they felt in the air? A sense of foreboding. An inexplicable feeling that something -- an incredible something -- was about to happen.

And it did.

THE PLAN

It began when the Scientist called His Son into the galaxy room of the Milky Way. Word was out that They had talked through one long day and far into the night. They had conceived a plan -- a final solution to the contamination dilemma. Yes, the virus would be utterly destroyed. That much had been obvious from the start. The wrath of the Scientist would certainly fall. The deadly sulfuric acid would do its work. But not in the way all the technicians had supposed. Not in a way anyone could have ever imagined.

Was there any limit to this Scientist's power? Did He ever do anything in "the expected way"? Which of the wisest of the technicians could have predicted a plan that would involve shrinking the Scientist's own dearly-loved Son down to the size of one of those infinitely tiny contaminated creatures?

His own Son! His equal in power and wisdom and dignity. The technicians had known the Son from the time of their first awareness. Now He would become like one of those little ones -- or was He actually going to become one of them?

The Scientist Himself said very little. He simply invited them to watch.

In the days that followed the technicians found themselves thinking constantly about the drama unfolding on the microbe called Earth. A number of them had been permitted to watch in amazement as the Scientist's Son willingly laid aside all His robes and all the vestiges of His authority and honor -- and shrank down, down, down until He was lost from sight on the thin glass plate. Still others were allowed to accompany Him on His journey, and bits of strange stories came back about songs on a dark night, a lonely village, and some workmen on the hillsides called shepherds. (How the technicians longed to know more!)

Much later they would sing the stories of the Supreme Son in the days of His smallness. They would speak of how He lived among the diseased ones and ate their food and drank their wine. Of how He shared their joys and their sorrows. They would speak in hushed tones of the day when the Scientist drew the Son aside form the rest and caused all the ghastly filth and contamination of the whole planet to be absorbed into His body.

It would be called the Black Day forever, for who could forget how the Supreme Scientist drew out a measure of the white-hot acid and in great wrath dropped it on His own Son? The scream from the tiny slide could be heard in every corner of the Scientist's realm -- "My God, My God! Why have You forsaken Me?" Those who witnessed it said the Son burned and foamed and wrenched and died.

In perfect agreement with the Son of His love, the Supreme Scientist called once more on His awesome power -- for what He would do next would surpass all that He had done before. Calling Him back from the far side of eternal destruction, the Father restored His Son to all His former glory, exalted far, far above the blue-green speck on the glass slide.

In the days that followed, the technicians were aware that from time to time the Scientist would reach down into that slide with infinitesimally small tweezers and pick up those human creatures who had responded to His love. With deep joy He would lift them tenderly from the disease-damaged slide to a new, golden slide -- clean and fresh, where no sin, suffering, or sorrow could ever come again.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Thief Who Was Robbed

"Be sure your sin will find you out." — Moses (Numbers 32:23)

Zig Zigler, a well-known motivational speaker, tells the story about a thief who was robbed. The incident took place back in 1887 in a small neighborhood grocery store when a middle-aged gentleman, Emanuel Nenger, gave the assistant a $20 note to pay for the turnip greens he was purchasing. When the assistant placed the note in the cash drawer she noticed that some of the ink from the $20 came off on her hands which were wet from wrapping the turnip greens.

She'd known Mr. Nenger for years and was shocked. She pondered, "Is this man giving me a counterfeit $20 note?" She dismissed the thought immediately and gave him his change. But $20 was a lot of money in those days so she notified the police who, after procuring a search warrant, went to Emanuel Nenger's home where they found in his attic the tools he was using to reproduce the counterfeit $20 notes.

They found an artist's easel, paint brushes, and paints which Nenger was using to meticulously paint the counterfeit money. He was a master artist.

The police also found three portraits that Nenger had painted, paintings that sold at public auction for a little over $16,000! The irony was that it took him almost as much time to paint a $20 note as it did to paint those portraits which sold for more than $5,000 each.

The man who robbed Emanuel Nenger was himself. We do the same whenever we cheat or break the law, including God's law for illegitimate gain. And while most of us wouldn't rob another person of his or her material possessions, it is very easy to rob a person's reputation through idle gossip.

We also rob and cheat ourselves when we don't give to God and to others in need; whether it is of our time, talents, resources, or love.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, help me never to rob from any person in any way and help me never to rob from You. Help me, too, to be a giver and not a taker. In Jesus' name. Amen"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Treasure

The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box. "Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please!"

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face. "A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00! If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."

As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.

Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere--Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed.

The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story.

One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?"

"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess--the white horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favorite."

"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again,

"Do you love me?"

"Daddy, you know I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my babydoll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."

"That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you." And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"

Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."

With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny.

He had had them al the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her genuine treasure.

So like our Heavenly Father.

What are you hanging on to?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Vistor

One day, a man went to visit a church. He arrived early, parked his car, and got out. Another car pulled up near him, and the driver told him, "I always park there. You took my place!"

The visitor went inside for Sunday School, found an empty seat, and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, "That's my seat! You took my place!"

The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing.

After Sunday School, the visitor went into the church sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, "That's where I always sit You took my place!" The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still said nothing.

Later, as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood, and his appearance began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet. Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, "What happened to you?"

The visitor replied, "I took your place." Please do this.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Way Of Life

Love, patience, joy and peace
You taught me to possess all these
But here I am out of place
Moving faster in world's pace

All that I ever wanted to be
Lord's child living life sin free
Though I talk to you everyday
I seem to have forgotten the way

The path for the people upright
Which is always lit with light
I have forgotten that way
In darkness, as I was astray

Deceit, evil and worldly pleasure
Have drowned me by pressure
I try to come out of darkness
The world, filled with evilness

I pray to you to redeem me
Out of the world so very mean
I try to come close to you
Without your help chances are few

You are my way, truth and life
Without you cannot survive
I want to be always yours
Come what may however fierce

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No Excuse Sunday

To make it possible for everyone to attend this Sunday,
our church is going to have a "No Excuse Sunday."

Cots and hammocks will be placed in the aisle for those who say:
Sunday is my only day to sleep in.

Eye drops and extra coffee will be provided for those with tired
eyes from watching TV or partying late Saturday night.

Day care will be provided as always for those who find it
difficult to worship with their children running amok among the
pews.

There will be a special section with padded recliner chairs for
those who feel that our pews are too hard.

Doctors and nurses will be in attendance for those who feel ill.

We will have steel hard hats and fire retardant suits available
for those who say:
The roof would cave in if I ever came to church.

Or I would spontaneously combust if I ever set foot into a church.

One section will be decorated with trees and grass for those who
like to seek God in nature.

Scorecards and pens will be provided for those who wish to list
the hypocrites present.

Blankets will be furnished for those who say the church is too
cold and portable fans for those who say it is too hot.

Our worship team will play a variety of musical accompaniments
for those who feel that the hymns are too dull or that the
contemporary service is too contemporary or not contemporary
enough.

And finally, the sanctuary will be decorated with both Christmas
wreaths and Easter lilies for those who have never seen the
church without them.

See you on Sunday, No Excuses!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Weep

Well, just take a trip,
Out in the streets,
And you shall find a secret,
Yes.
It's not the journey you'll see,
It's trying to remain free,
Just like the dog that weeps,
Out in the streets.

Now, sweet charity,
Wont you come to me,
On that big white horse,
With your hair down to your knees.
I want romance,
And I want the chance to see the love,
Yes, in everything.
OH, my sweet charity,
Wont you come to me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Word

You seek what I have given
You question what I already know
You doubt the walk of righteous
And stand when I said go

Its more than time you live in
And less than life you live
So much you seek with wisdom
So little you fail to give

The riches of time are before you
The task is only to see
Just walk the road of wisdom
And the richs are found in me

Remeber what I have told you
For obedience is the key
The darkist road to walk
Is the road you walk with out me.

REMEBER PRAYER AND FAITH
ROMANS 8:24
IT'S ALL WE HAVE LEFT
SO SAITH IN HIS WORD

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Beensetfree,

Thanks for this small but great message.....and the following is particular true in me:

Its more than time you live in
And less than life you live
So much you seek with wisdom
So little you fail to give

We always seek for good health, and yet we give other stress through our actions, our attitudes; we always ask for God's blessing but we seldom bless others; we get jealous when others especially our close friends and relatives are doing well or better than us; we ask for wisdoms but we often behaviour like fools ourselves; we indulge things that we shouldn't; we watch videos, TV programmes that are harmful and yet we spent hours watching them.

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is also true of me so thats why we constantly need help to work out our salvation.Blessings to you brother.

We always seek for good health, and yet we give other stress through our actions, our attitudes; we always ask for God's blessing but we seldom bless others; we get jealous when others especially our close friends and relatives are doing well or better than us; we ask for wisdoms but we often behaviour like fools ourselves; we indulge things that we shouldn't; we watch videos, TV programmes that are harmful and yet we spent hours watching them.

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There Is A Hell

You don't want to believe that there is a hell
For sinners of all kind and those who fell
A place of torment each day and night
Where there will always be darkness and never any light

A lake of fire they say awaits
For those who reject Jesus, the one who saves
There will be suffering; There will be pain
There will be anguish each and every day

Your going to want to run and get away
But your there for eternity and now it's to late
You'll cry to the Lord; You'll plead for your salvation
You'll remember the one who made all creation

You heard that the kingdom of God was at hand
But you ignored His calling and His word you reprimand
You will wish that you had given you life to Him
The one who forgives us and cleanses us from sin

Now it's to late, your time has run out
Jesus came and you did not hear the trumpet sound
You didn't believe that there was a hell
Now do you believe?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead the angels were given a space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied..."Things aren't always what they seem".

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel "how could you have let this happen!? The first man had everything, yet you helped him," she accused. "The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let their cow die."

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it. Then last night as we slept in the farmer's bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I told him to take the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way we think they should. If you have faith in God, just trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not realize it until much later

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Enemies Move In Predictable Patterns

"Enemies Move In Predictable Patterns"

It sent chills down my spine as I saw the statement.
I saw the deep revelation behind it, the awesome truth.

Did I read this in some deep spiritual document?
Did I hear it from some wise master?
Did I glean this from the strategies of some great general?

No.

I saw it on a billboard.

The billboard was advertising video game awards.

I guess it meant that all video games have repeatable and thus
predictable patterns. If you could figure out the pattern,
you had a better chance of winning.

Enemies Move In Predictable Patterns.

I immediately saw this as a great truth in life.

The vast majority of things that we struggle with,
we have struggled with before.

It's not new.
It repeats.
It's old and familiar stuff.

It's a predictable pattern.

I can't think of any NEW flaws that I have.
I can't think of any behavior that I want to change now
that I didn't have ten years ago.

ALL of my enemies move in predictable patterns.

I struggle with diet, trying to eat healthy and moderately.
I struggle with pride, trying to have enough humility to hear

God, enough self-assurance to do what God wants me to do and then
not get puffed up about it when He gives me success.

I struggle with budgeting money.
I struggle with spending enough time studying

I struggle with spending enough quality time with the kids,
my wife, and others who need my help.

I struggle with looking and thinking where I shouldn't.
I struggle with just not wanting to do what needs to be done.

I struggle with enemies.
Enemies that rob me of so much that the creator desires for me.

All of these enemies have been with me for a long time.
If you are honest with yourself, you have them too.

Enemies that move in predictable patterns.

Those who win at the game, figure out the pattern of the enemy,
and break it.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Wall

Could you understand and would you want to
Can you feel my pain and would you dare to

I believe that none can comprehend
The pride I feel I take glory in
Speak to me not of peace, patience and love
Pain, hurt and despair, these things I want

Intimacy is far from my comprehension
I seek what most would dare not mention

You see this wall I have constructed
Could you scale or measure it NO, you must fear it
So try all you want to destroy my wall

And try you do
You send friends to persuade and dissuade me
But my wall overcomes it
You whisper love to this wall and still it overcomes it
You try all you can

And you fail You see,
I dared you and you failed
Now you try again
Behold a cross before this wall

And you climb upon it
And there you hang
And my wall starts to crumble
3 Nails strike your body and my wall crumbles
A spear pierces your side and my wall crumbles

Thunder and lightning and then it is finished
And there I cower like a child
Broken and defenceless
You come down from your tree of pain

And you whisper love to me and hold me in your arm
s And there lies my wall
Broken and ruined
Your death has overcome it

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thoughts

You crossed my mind today I couldn't help but remember the time we spent together and how much you helped me even though some of it didn't hit me at the time and some probably still hasn't hit me.

You did all that you could to help me see but I wanted to stay blind to things I didn't like being in the dark but didn't have the courage to turn on the light I have taken the courage to turn the light on finally yes the bulb has blown out a few times and it took me a while to get the light back on.

But you have helped me gain my courage to turn the light on. And every time you cross my mind I go over things that happened during my stay with you and your family I think about what I could have done and what I really should have done in the different situations I apply it to things in my life now I see my self getting better I am learning to walk with God Instead of walking away from Him.

I learned from you How you carry yourself so others know you walk with the Lord. When your not sure how you turn to Him for answers. How you stand up for what is right I can only hope that one day I will be more like you. For you do as God would do and that is how I want to be And that is the way he wants us to be.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To Whom Shall I Go?

To whom shall I go
When hope dwindles low,
And somehow the way seems unclear;
Who would understand
The inner demand
Of my soul wrapped in sorrow and fear?

Some seek in their plight
Man's wisdom and might,
Feeling sure that such counsel is good;
But this help so frail
Will certainly fail
If we trust in man more than we should.

O Lord, it is You
So faithful and true
To whom daily my burdens I bring;
Friends really may care,
But they cannot compare
To the love of may Master and King.

For You are God's Son;
To You I shall run,
O Rock, ever steadfast, unmoved;
Though many go 'way,
Lord, always I'll stay
for Your word I have tested and proved.

To whom shall I go
When troubles overflow,
And the tempter God's blessings obscure?
One does understand
Covers me with his hand;
That You are that Christ, I am sure.