• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Satan's Garage Sale

Once upon a time, Satan was having a garage sale. There, standing in little groups were all of his bright, shiny trinkets. Here were tools that make it easy to tear others down for use as stepping-stones. And over there were some lenses for magnifying ones own importance, which, if you looked through them the other way, you could also use to belittle others, or even one's self.

Against the wall was the usual assortment of gardening implements guaranteed to help your pride grow by leaps and bounds: the rake of scorn, the shovel of jealousy for digging a pit for your neighbor, the tools of gossip and backbiting, of selfishness and apathy.

All of these were pleasing to the eye and came complete with fabulous promises and guarantees of prosperity. Prices, of course, were steep; but not to worry! Free credit was extended to one and all. "Take it home, use it, and you won't have to pay until later!" old Satan cried, as he hawked his wares.

The visitor, as he browsed, noticed two well-worn, non-descript tools standing in one corner. Not being nearly as tempting as the other items, he found it curious that these two tools had price tags higher than any other.

When he asked why, Satan just laughed and said, "Well, that's because I use them so much. If they weren't so plain looking, people might see them for what they were." Satan pointed to the two tools, saying, "You see, that one's Doubt and that one's Discouragement -- and those will work when nothing else will."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Searching For A Soul

A long time ago, when the world was young, man does not look like the way he is now. God created man with four arms, four legs, two heads and are joined on the side so they have only one HEART. For the time the earth is peaceful.

As the Earth grew a little older, the people began to quarrel. One cannot go where he wanted to go somewhere else. Soon everyone will quarrel.

GOD saw this problem so he made a great thunderbolt and sent it to earth. Now everybody is separated. Each person now has his own body and his own freewill to do anything he wants. But there is something missing... his partner.... Now he spends most of his life searching
for his lost life, searching for his lost partner...

....... his soulmate.....

..... Everyone is until now

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seventy Times Seven

Flooded with thoughts of anger and animosity.
Who should I blame? Don't even speak to me.
You lied, betrayed and insulted me.
Why and how often should I forgive?

Once, twice, three what! Four!
I can't take it, how much more?
Thinking only payback. No sign of humility.
Words of enmity and gossip surrounding me.

One small speck yet it blinded me.
Yet such kindness and love you granted me.
When I needed mercy you were quick to forgive.
Mercy I must show since freely I received.

Now tables are turned, how will it be?
Blessed are the merciful, mercy they will see.
Great clouds of witnesses looking from heaven.
Silent whisper I hear " Seventy times Seven"

It was so simple yet almost escaped me.
Blessings almost lost now all returned to me.
I'm sorry. I was wrong. Please forgive me.
Now I sleep like a child so peacefully

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Choice or Chance?

When we meet the right person to love, when we're at the right
place at the right time, that's chance.

When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice.
That's chance.

Being caught up in a moment (and there are a lot of couples who
get together because of this) is not a choice.
That's also a chance.

The difference is what happens afterwards.

When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-
blowing attraction to the next level?

That's when all sanity goes back, you sit down and contemplate
whether you want to make this into a concrete relationship or
just a fling.

If you decide to love a person, even with his or her faults,
that's not a chance. That's choice.

When you choose to be with a person, no matter what,
that's choice.

Even if you know there are many people out there who are more
attractive, smarter, and richer than your mate, and yet, you
decide to love your mate just the same, that's choice.

Infatuation, crushes, and attraction come to us by chance.
But true love that lasts is truly a choice.
A choice that we make.

Regarding soulmates, there's a beautiful movie quote that I
believe is so true about this: "Fate brings you together,
but it's still up to you to make it happen."

I believe that soulmates do exist, that there is truly
someone made for you. But it's still up to you to make the
choice if you're going to do something about it or not.

We may meet our soulmates by chance, but loving and staying with
our soulmate is still a choice we have to make.

We came to the world not by finding someone perfect to love,
BUT to learn how to love an imperfect person perfectly.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Silver Boxes

My words were harsh and hasty
And they came without a thought.
Then I saw the pain and anguish
That my bitter words had brought.

Bitter words that i had spoken
Made me think back through the past;
Of how many times I'd uttered
Biting words whose pain would last.

Then I wondered of the people
I had hurt by thins I'd said;
All the ones I had discouraged
When I didn't use my head.

Then I thought about my own life,
Of painful words I've heard;
And of the times I'd been discouraged
By a sharp and cruel word.

And now clearly I remember
All the things I might have done;
But, by a word I was discouraged
And they never were begun.

Lord, help my words be silver boxes,
Neatly wrapped up with a bow;
That I give to all so freely
As through each day I gladly go.

Silver Boxes full of treasure,
Precious gifts from God above;
That all the people I encounter
Might have a box of God's own live.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Choice or Chance?

When we meet the right person to love, when we're at the right
place at the right time, that's chance.

When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice.
That's chance.

Being caught up in a moment (and there are a lot of couples who
get together because of this) is not a choice.
That's also a chance.

The difference is what happens afterwards.

When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-
blowing attraction to the next level?

That's when all sanity goes back, you sit down and contemplate
whether you want to make this into a concrete relationship or
just a fling.

If you decide to love a person, even with his or her faults,
that's not a chance. That's choice.

When you choose to be with a person, no matter what,
that's choice.

Even if you know there are many people out there who are more
attractive, smarter, and richer than your mate, and yet, you
decide to love your mate just the same, that's choice.

Infatuation, crushes, and attraction come to us by chance.
But true love that lasts is truly a choice.
A choice that we make.

Regarding soulmates, there's a beautiful movie quote that I
believe is so true about this: "Fate brings you together,
but it's still up to you to make it happen."

I believe that soulmates do exist, that there is truly
someone made for you. But it's still up to you to make the
choice if you're going to do something about it or not.

We may meet our soulmates by chance, but loving and staying with
our soulmate is still a choice we have to make.

We came to the world not by finding someone perfect to love,
BUT to learn how to love an imperfect person perfectly.

Dear Brother Beensetfree,

Thanks for the message....I feel very encourage each time I read some of your messages....this is one of the best examples!

God Bless,
Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you brother Psalm 23 and hope all is well on your side.

Many blessings.

Dear Brother Beensetfree,

Thanks for the message....I feel very encourage each time I read some of your messages....this is one of the best examples!

God Bless,
Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Single Life

I was lying in the bath this morning, thinking about the message that Jacob posted a few days ago. (I do a lot of thinking in the bath - all that hot water must increase the bloodflow to my brain!).

Let's take a quick look at the great movers and shakers of the church over the last two millenia.

First, Paul. He took the gospel to the gentiles, was the church's first major missionary and its first and greatest theologian. Paul was a Christian's Christian. Marital status: single.

Augustine: Augustine was the other great thinker of the early church. Most of our theology today is based on Augustine's groundwork. He was the first to articulate the ideas of the Trinity and to expand on Paul's writings on justification by faith. Marital status: single.

Martin Luther: Luther dragged a complacent church back to the bible, and centred it back on God. Marital status: single-ish. Luther was single for most of his ministry. He eventually married an ex-nun to help her leave a convent. In those days, the notion of women working was abhorrent, so the only way for a woman to be housed, fed, etc. was to be married, so Luther married her to give her her freedom. He did little of note after his marriage.

The Protestant reformers: Out of the quartet of John Wesley, Charles Wesley, George Whitfield and Jonathan Edwards, responsible for the great Protestant revivals of the end of the eighteenth century, only Charles Wesley was married.

John Stott: Probably the most influential evangelical Christian writer today. Marital status: single.

Jesus: God himself, who lived a human life to show as an example of how we can live, stayed single.

There are many, many others, but these were, I think, the best known and most influential folk of the whole of church history, and all but one were single for the length of their effective ministry.

I don't know why there seems to be this connection between singleness and Christian greatness. It might be that God feels that he needs to bless people in other ways if they're not blessed by marriage. God always sticks up for the underdog! Or it might be the more mundane reason that single people have more time on their hands, so can accomplish more.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sins of the World

What's going on in the world today?
Why do we let Satan destroy us this way?

I knew once, where the problem was.
Where did we let him sneak in on us?

He has no right to us anymore.
There for we must fight; slam his foot in the door.

He's never content til our lives he has ruined.
We must not pretend but undo what he's doing.

Heartache, confusion & pain.
That's his goal for us.
But our power we must regain and
in the Lord we must trust.

Our power's from Him, it's a tool for us.
To use against satan and cause him to bust.

The Word is our source. We must read it to know,
how to conquer this course, and tell satan to go.

For he is nothing but weakness and dirt.
We must get control, so our lives he can't hurt.

What caused us to miss the path we were on?
For we knew all of this, it was over and won.

Where did we go wrong and let him in?
Once we were strong and conquered such sin.

The question is now that we see we were wrong,
what will we do to once again become strong?

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.--KJV

[video=youtube;0PZ84G3EF_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PZ84G3EF_k[/video]

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Joyce Meyer - False Prophet Mega Church Pastor Televangelist

[video=youtube;aTVYX9ShSIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVYX9ShSIk[/video]

Last edited:

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Benny Hinn: Mega Church False Prophet Televangelist

[video=youtube;o27sezBfE0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o27sezBfE0k[/video]

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JOSEPH PRINCE: MEGA-CHURCH PROSPERITY GOSPEL SATANIC FALSE TEACHER

[video=youtube;qVuO7czOVT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVuO7czOVT0[/video]

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kenneth Copeland - Another Mega-Church Pastor False Preacher

[video=youtube;tkQTFsjRgCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkQTFsjRgCg[/video]

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Creflo Dollar - Pay or Get Shot by Church Security

Another Satanic Prosperity Gospel False Preacher!

[video=youtube;jPJcddnaR8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJcddnaR8A[/video]

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hell$ong's Brian Houston: Satanic Prosperity Gospel False Preacher

[video=youtube;VywWziahEaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VywWziahEaw[/video]

Last edited:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Small Wooden People

The Wemmicks were small wooden people. Each of the wooden people was carved by a woodworker named Eli. His workshop sat on a hill overlooking their village.

Every Wemmick was different. Some had big noses, others had large eyes. Some were tall and others were short. Some wore hats, others wore coats. But all were made by the same carver and all lived in the village.

And all day, every day, the Wemmicks did the same thing : They gave each other stickers. Each Wemmick had a box of golden star stickers and a box of gray dot stickers. Up and down the streets all over the city, people could be seen sticking stars or dots on one another.

The pretty ones, those with smooth wood and fine paint, always got stars. But if the wood was rough or the paint chipped, the Wemmicks gave dots. The talented ones got stars, too.. Some could lift big sticks high above their heads or jump over tall boxes. Still others knew big words or
could sing very pretty songs. Everyone gave them stars.

Some Wemmicks had stars all over them! Every time they got a star it made them feel so good that they did something else and got another star. Others, though, could do little. They got dots.

Punchinello was one of these. He tried to jump high like the others, but he always fell. And when he fell, the others would gather around and give him dots. Sometimes when he fell, it would scar his wood, so the people would give him more dots.

He would try to explain why he fell and say something silly, and the Wemmicks would give him more dots.

After a while he had so many dots that he didn't want to go outside. He was afraid he would do something dumb such as forget his hat or step in the water, and then people would give him another dot. In fact, he had so many gray dots that some people would come up and give him one without reason.

"He deserves lots of dots," the wooden people would agree with one another. "He's not a good wooden person."

After a while Punchinello believed them. "I'm not a good wemmick," he would say. The few times he went outside, he hung around other Wemmicks who had a lot of dots. He felt better around them.

One day he met a Wemmick who was unlike any he'd ever met. She had no dots or stars. She was just wooden. Her name was Lulia. It wasn't that people didn't try to give her stickers; it's just that the stickers didn't stick. Some admired Lulia for having no dots, so they would run up and give her a star. But it would fall off. Some would look down on her for having no stars, so they would give her a dot. But it wouldn't stay either.

'That's the way I want to be,'thought Punchinello. 'I don't want anyone's marks.' So he asked the stickerless Wemmick how she did it.

"It's easy," Lulia replied. "every day I go see Eli."
"Eli?"
"Yes, Eli, the woodcarver. I sit in the workshop with him."
"Why?"
"Why don't you find out for yourself? Go up the hill. He's there."
And with that the Wemmick with no marks turned and skipped away.

"But he won't want to see me!" Punchinello cried out.
Lulia didn't hear. So Punchinello went home. He sat near a window and watched the wooden people as they scurried around giving each other stars and dots. "It's not right," he muttered to himself. And he resolved to go see Eli.

He walked up the narrow path to the top of the hill and stepped into the big shop. His wooden eyes widened at the size of everything. The stool was as tall as he was. He had to stretch on his tiptoes to see the top of the workbench. A hammer was as long as his arm. Punchinello swallowed hard.

"I'm not staying here!" and he turned to leave.
Then he heard his name. "Punchinello?" The voice was deep and strong. Punchinello stopped.

"Punchinello! How good to see you.
Come and let me have a look at you."

Punchinello turned slowly and looked at the large bearded craftsman "You know my name?" the little Wemmick asked. "Of course I do. I made you."

Eli stooped down and picked him up and set him on the bench. "Hmm," the maker spoke thoughtfully as he inspected the gray circles. "Looks like you've been given some bad marks."

"I didn't mean to, Eli. I really tried hard." "Oh, you don't have to defend yourself to me, child. I don't care what the other Wemmicks think."

"You don't?" "No, and you shouldn't either. Who are they to give stars or dots? They're Wemmicks just like you. What they think doesn't matter, Punchinello. All that matters is what I think. And I think you are pretty special.."

Punchinello laughed. "Me, special? Why? I can't walk fast. I can't jump. My paint is peeling. Why do I matter to you?"

Eli looked at Punchinello, put his hands on those small wooden shoulders, and spoke very slowly. "Because you're mine. That's why you matter to me."

Punchinello had never had anyone look at him like this -- much less his maker. He didn't know what to say.

"Every day I've been hoping you'd come," Eli explained.

"I came because I met someone who had no marks."

"I know. She told me about you."

"Why don't the stickers stay on her?"

"Because she has decided that what I think is more important than what they think. The stickers only stick if you let them."

"What?"

"The stickers only stick if they matter to you. The more you trust my love, the less you care about the stickers."

"I'm not sure I understand."

"You will, but it will take time. You've got a lot of marks. For now, just come to see me every day and let me remind you how much I care."

Eli lifted Punchinello off the bench and set him on the ground. "Remember," Eli said as the Wemmick walked out the door. "You are special because I made you. And I don't make mistakes." Punchinello didn't stop, but in his heart he thought, "I think he really means it."

And when he did, a dot fell to the ground.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Think about it... we judge others by our standards and others judge us by theirs, but at the end of the day we are all fellow Wemmicks.. er....

Humans, perfect and imperfect in our own little ways which makes each one unique... special... and for those of us who believe, don't you agree that the opinion of our Maker is most important?

Be glad and thankful for what one has and live life to the fullest and don't spend too much time worrying about the "stars and dots" and don't waste time giving out "dots" either !!!!

"Nothing you can do, to make Him love you more,
Nothing that you've done, could make him close the door,
because of His Great Love He gave His only Son, everything was done, So you would come"

Thank God for His Great Love for us and
for accepting us just as we are!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sometimes You Have To Travel

For years I'd thought Timbuktu was just a made-up name for the ends of the earth. When I found out it was a real place in Africa, I developed an inexplicable fascination for it. It was in 1986 on a fact-finding trip to West Africa for Mission Aviation Fellowship that this fascination became an irresistible urge. Timbuktu wasn't on my itinerary, but I knew I had to go there.

Once I arrived, I discovered I was in trouble. I'd hitched a ride from Bamako, Mali, 500 miles away, on the only seat left on a Navajo six-seater airplane chartered by UNICEF. Two of their doctors were in Timbuktu and might fly back on the return flight, which meant Id be bumped,but I decided to take the chance.

Now here I was, standing by the plane on the windswept outskirts of the famous Berber outpost. There was not a spot of true green anywhere in the desolate brown Saharan landscape. Dust blew across the sky, blotting out the sun as I squinted in the 110-degree heat, trying to make out the m&d-walled buildings of the village of 20,000.

The pilot approached me as I started for town. He reported that the doctors were on their way and I'd have to find another ride to Bamako.

Try the marketplace. Someone there might have a truck. But be careful, he said. Westerners don't last long in the desert if the truck breaks down, which often happens.

I didn't relish the thought of being stranded, but perhaps it was fitting that I should wind up like this, surrounded by the Sahara. Since I arrived in Africa the strain of the harsh environment and severe suffering of the starving peoples had left me feeling lost in a spiritual and emotional desert.

The open-air marketplace in the center of town was crowded. Men and women wore flowing robes and turbans as protection against the sun. Most of the Berbers robes were dark blue, with 30 feet of material in their turbans alone. The men were well-armed with scimitars and knives. I felt that eyes were watching me suspiciously.

Suspicion was understandable in Timbuktu. Nothing could be trusted here. These people had once been prosperous and self-sufficient. Now even their land had turned against them. Drought had turned rich grasslands to desert. Unrelenting sun and windstorms had nearly annihilated all animal life. People were dying by the thousands.

I went from person to person trying to find someone who spoke English, until I finally came across a local gendarme who understood my broken French.

I need a truck, I said. I need to go to Bamako.

Eyes widened in his shaded face. No truck, he shrugged. Then he added, No road. Only sand.

By now, my presence was causing a sensation in the marketplace. I was surrounded by at least a dozen small children, jumping and dancing, begging for coins and souvenirs. The situation was extreme, I knew. I tried to think calmly. What am I to do?

Suddenly I had a powerful desire to talk to my father. Certainly he had known what it was like to be a foreigner in a strange land. But my father, Nate Saint, was dead. He was one of the five missionary men killed by Auca Indians in the jungles of Ecuador in 1956.

I was a month shy of my fifth birthday at the time, and my memories of him were almost like movie clips: a lanky, intense man with a serious goal and a quick wit. He was a dedicated jungle pilot, flying missionaries and medical personnel in his Piper Family Cruiser. Even after his death he was a presence in my life.

I'd felt the need to talk with my father before, especially since I'd married and become a father myself. But in recent weeks this need had become urgent. For one thing I was new to relief work. But it was more than that. I needed Dad to help answer my new questions of faith. In Mali, for the first time in my life, I was surrounded by people who didnt share my faith, who were, in fact, hostile to the Christian faith, locals and Western relief workers alike.

In a way it was a parallel to the situation Dad had faced in Ecuador. How often I'd said the same thing Dad would have said among the Indians who killed him: My God is real. Hes a personal God who lives inside me, with whom I have a very special, one-on-one relationship. And yet the question lingered in my mind: Did my father have to die? All my life, people had spoken of Dad with respect; he was a man willing to die for his faith.

But at the same time I couldnt help but think the murders were capricious, an accident of bad timing. Dad and his colleagues landed just as a small band of Auca men were in a bad mood for reasons that had nothing to....

If Dad's plane had landed one day later, the massacre may not have happened. Couldn't there have been another way? It made little impact on the Aucas that I could see. To them it was just one more killing in a history of killings. Thirty years later it still had an impact on me.

And now, for the first time, I felt threatened because of who I was and what I believed. God, I found myself praying as I looked around the marketplace, I'm in trouble here. Please keep me safe and show me a way to get back. Please reveal Yourself and Your love to me the way You did to my father.

No bolt of lightning came from the blue. But a new thought did come to mind. Surely there was a telecommunications office here somewhere; I could wire Bamako to send another plane. It would be costly, but I could see no other way of getting out.

Wheres the telecommunications office? I asked another gendarme.

He gave me instructions, then said, Telegraph transmits only. If station in Bamako has machine on, message goes through. If not. He shrugged. No answer ever comes. You only hope message received.

Now what? The sun was crossing toward the horizon. If I didn't have arrangements made by nightfall, what would happen to me? This was truly the last outpost of the world. More than a few Westerners had disappeared in the desert without a trace.

Then I remembered that just before Id started for Timbuktu, a fellow worker had said, Theres a famous mosque in Timbuktu. It was built from m&d in the 1500s. Many Islamic pilgrims visit it every years. But theres also a tiny Christian church, which virtually no one visits. Look it up if you get a chance.

I asked the children, Where is Eglise Evangelique Chretienne?

The youngsters were willing to help, though they were obviously confused about what I was looking for. Several times elderly men and women scolded them harshly as we passed, but they persisted. Finally we arrived, not at the church, but at the open doorway of a tiny m&d-brick house. No one was home, but on the wall opposite the door was a poster showing a cross covered by wounded hands. The French subscript said, "And by His stripes we are healed."

Within minutes, my army of waifs pointed out a young man approaching us in the dirt alleyway. Then the children melted back into the labyrinth of the walled alleys and compounds of Timbuktu. The young man was handsome, with dark skin and flowing robes. But there was something inexplicably different about him.

His name was Nouh Ag Infa Yatara; that much I understood. Nouh signaled he knew someone who could translate for us. He led me to a compound on the edge of town where an American missionary lived. I was glad to meet the missionary, but from the moment Id seen Nouh Id had the feeling that we shared something in common.

How did you come to have faith? I asked him.

The missionary translated as Nouh answered. This compound has always had a beautiful garden. One day when I was a small boy, a friend and I decided to steal some carrots. It was a dangerous task. Wed been told that Toubabs (white men) eat nomadic children. Despite our agility and considerable experience, I was caught by the former missionary here.

Mr. Marshall didnt eat me; instead he gave me the carrots and some cards that had Gods promises from the Bible written on them. He said if I learned them, he would give me an ink pen!

You learned them? I asked.

Oh yes! Only government men and the headmaster of the school had a Bic pen! But when I showed off my pen at school, the teacher knew I must have spoken with a Toubab, which is strictly forbidden. He severely beat me.

When Nouhs parents found out he had portions of such a despised book defiling their house, they threw him out and forbade anyone to take him in; nor was he allowed in school. But something had happened: Nouh had come to believe that what the Bible said was true. Nouh's mother became desperate. Her own standing, as well as her family's, was in jeopardy. Finally she decided to kill her son. She obtained poison from a sorcerer and poisoned Noauh's food at a family feast. Nouh ate the food and wasn't affected.

His brother, who unwittingly stole a morsel of meat from the deadly dish, became violently ill and remains partially paralyzed. Seeing God's intervention, the family and the townspeople were afraid to make further attempts on his life, but condemned him as an outcast.

After sitting a moment, I asked Nouh the question that only hours earlier I'd wanted to ask my father: Why is your faith so important to you that yourre willing to give up everything, perhaps even your life?

I know God loves me and I'll live with Him forever. I know it! Now I have peace where I used to be full of fear and uncertainty. Who wouldn't want to give up everything for this peace and security?

It couldn't have been easy for you as a teenager to take a stand that made you despised by the whole community, I said. Where did your courage come from?

Mr. Marshall couldn't take me in without putting my life in jeopardy. so he gave me some books about other Christians who'd suffered for their faith. My favorite was about five young men who willingly risked their lives to take God's good news to stone age Indians in the jungles of South America. His eyes widened. I've lived all my life in the desert. How frightening the jungle must be! The book said these men let themselves be speared to death, even though they had guns and could have killed their attackers!

The missionary translator said, I remember the story. As a matter of fact, one of those men had your last name.
Yes, I said quietly, the pilot was my father.
Your father? Nouh cried. The story is true!
Yes, I said, it's true.

The missionary and Nouh and I talked through the afternoon. When they accompanied me back to the airfield that night, we found that the doctors werent able to leave Timbuktu after all, and there was room for me on the UNICEF plane.

As Nouh and I hugged each other, it seemed incredible that God loved us so much that Hed arranged for us to meet at the ends of the earth. Nouh and I had gifts for each other that no one else could give.

I gave him the assurance that the story which had given him courage was true. He, in turn, gave me the assurance that God had used Dad's death for good.

Dad, by dying, had helped give Nouh a faith worth dying for. And Nouh, in return, had helped give Dad's faith back to me

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Spiritual Vitamins A-Z

Anxious? Take Vitamin A.
All things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. (Rom 8:28)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blue? Take Vitamin B.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name. (Ps 103:1)
Crushed? Take Vitamin C.
Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. (1 Pet 5:7)
Depressed? Take Vitamin D.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. (Jas 4:8)
Empty? Take Vitamin E.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name. (Ps 100:4)
Fearful? Take Vitamin F.
Fear not, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God. (Isa 41:10)
Greedy? Take Vitamin G.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put unto your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back. (Lk 6:38)
Hesitant? Take Vitamin H.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns." (Isa 52:7)
Insecure? Take Vitamin I.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
Jittery? Take Vitamin J.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Heb 13:8)
Know nothing? Take Vitamin K.
Know this that the Lord is God, it is He that made us and not we ourselves. (Ps 100:3)
Lonely? Take Vitamin L.
Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (Mt 28:20)
Mortgaged? Take Vitamin M.
My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Cor 12:9)
Nervous? Take Vitamin N.
Never, no never will I leave you nor forsake you. (Heb 13:5)
Overwhelmed? Take Vitamin O.
Overcome evil with good. (Rom 12:21)
Perplexed or puzzled? Take Vitamin P.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. (Jn 14:27)
Quitting? Take Vitamin Q.
Quit you like men and women, be strong. (1 Cor 16:13)
Restless? Take Vitamin R.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Ps 37:7)
Scared? Take Vitamin S.
Stay with me, and do not be afraid; for the one who seeks my life seeks your life; you will be safe with me. (1 Sam 22:23)
Tired? Take Vitamin T.
Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isa 40:31)
Uncertain? Take Vitamin U.
Understand that I am (the Lord). Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. (Isa 43:10)
Vain? Take Vitamin V.
Vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. (Acts 5:16)
Wondering what to do? Take Vitamin W.
What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Mic 6:8)
eXhausted? Take Vitamin X.
Exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
(1 Tim 4:7)
Yearning for hope? Take Vitamin Y.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you art with me; your rod and your staff-they comfort me. (Ps 23:4)
Zapped? Take Vitamin Z.
Zealous for good deeds. (Titus 2:14)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank God

I attend Public School and the school I attend is about 30 miles away from my house. Every morning I hitch a ride from one of my parents to my high school and I take the bus home. About two weeks ago, I was getting off the bus and there was a lady in front of me adjusting her skirt. Annoyed, I yelled at her to move out of the way and that it is rude for her to stand there and do that. I thought nothing else about the situation as I walked my usual route home, from the bus stop. I was crossing the street as usual and I had the right of way.

About half way across the street a man in a Ford truck comes racing at me at about 50 mph. He zoomed pass and didn't even slow down. I cursed at him and continued my walk. As I got a little farther it occurred to me that if the lady I had yelled at hadn't been there, I'd have been in the hospital or worse.

Thankful for the lady I prayed to God as soon as that had been brought to my attention. I think this just goes to show, if you have even the smallest faith in God, he's there for you.