• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the residents that you stayed with, chat with and mingle with, be in Malaysians or Sporeans or others in Iskandar, travel in and out of Singapore daily. So you are just part of the game

Indeed, lol. When i change my username means thats the day when i have kids.

Back in 2012 when i bought my house in JB my family was skeptical, but i really feel great that there is so many around that did so.

Anyway really thanks to the folks that setup the forum and maintaining it well, really great to have many SG folks to chat with in foreign land.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means those who buy Malaysian properties are screwed badly. When ringgit goes to RM 3.10 they are screwed. Now heading back to RM 2.50 they are also screwed. Screwed screwed screwed.

Regardless of how things turn out, whether good or bad, those who buy in JB are all screwed! LOL!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of how things turn out, whether good or bad, those who buy in JB are all screwed! LOL!

I don't know if buying a residential property in Iskandar is screwed but this CNY I already SCREWED...... Change ringgit at 2.89!!! machiam kenna tax heavily for celebrating CNY.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being screwed got nothing to do with buying JB property, it is because you are a Sinkies . In SG kena screwed , in JB kena screwed , even go Amoh place also will kena screwed lah !

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you are whining at RM 2.89?? Probably if end of the year linggit crawl back to RM 2.50 you will be whining at THAT time why u never change your entire fortune and break your piggybanks to change @ RM 2.89 in Feb 2016!!

Anyway once u started buying into Iskandar properties, you are cursed, doomed and screwed

The day you are born a Sinkie, you already has 2 years of life shorter than your counterparts in Malaysia. Please buck up.

I don't know if buying a residential property in Iskandar is screwed but this CNY I already SCREWED...... Change ringgit at 2.89!!! machiam kenna tax heavily for celebrating CNY.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you are whining at RM 2.89?? Probably if end of the year linggit crawl back to RM 2.50 you will be whining at THAT time why u never change your entire fortune and break your piggybanks to change @ RM 2.89 in Feb 2016!!

Anyway once u started buying into Iskandar properties, you are cursed, doomed and screwed

The day you are born a Sinkie, you already has 2 years of life shorter than your counterparts in Malaysia. Please buck up.

Thank you for your kind reminder. Well whether I am cursed, doomed or screwed, only time will tell. I believe even Warren Buffet does not go around telling people they are cursed, doomed or screwed for whatever they invested in. Minimum mutual respect will be much appreciated.

Frankly speaking, with the volatility of currency, overseas property investment is definitely more risky given many factors governing the appreciation or depreciation of the assets, well as in all investments, there are different risk profiles for different risk appetites, you can always go for FD if you want "sure earn". Some of us just prefer to be "cursed, doomed or screwed" which is in your context to venture more aggressively.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your kind reminder. Well whether I am cursed, doomed or screwed, only time will tell. I believe even Warren Buffet does not go around telling people they are cursed, doomed or screwed for whatever they invested in. Minimum mutual respect will be much appreciated.

Frankly speaking, with the volatility of currency, overseas property investment is definitely more risky given many factors governing the appreciation or depreciation of the assets, well as in all investments, there are different risk profiles for different risk appetites, you can always go for FD if you want "sure earn". Some of us just prefer to be "cursed, doomed or screwed" which is in your context to venture more aggressively.

At the same time, just to add for the sake of discussion since we are on this "investment" topic. On how long a period do you see my purchase into iskandar as cursed, doomed and screwed? 5 years when the pipelines of supply burst the demand? 10 years when the corrupted malaysia government crashed the economics? 20 years when Singapore perhaps find Oil in some ulu area and completely drowned Malaysia economics? Or even 30 years when Malaysia no longer under the sovereign of current Malaysia political system? Friend..... I do not even know what happened next week.... take it easy with your foresight. If I am really cursed, doomed and screwed in the near future. Why not I treat you a cup of coffee and you can share your expertise view on how you venture this rough sea so I get to learn from you?

Note: Sidenote, did you foresee the drastic drop in 3.03 to 2.89? Damn, should have look out for your message somewhere man.

Cheers

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as guests in malaysia, should not overly criticised and condemned local politics.

otherwise better stay put in singapore.

only a personal opinion.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being screwed got nothing to do with buying JB property, it is because you are a Sinkies . In SG kena screwed , in JB kena screwed , even go Amoh place also will kena screwed lah !

Whether play home or away also kena screwed:kma:.....wah...Singaporean life is really jin pai miah....:(

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow....just received a forum "Notification" and this dude was swearing and cursing me in CAPS about how I am a disgrace to Singaporeans (this is the second time I am receiving such a note, probably from the same person), full text below:

"U THINK U V SMART AH?U CHEEBYE CHEAPSKATE LIVE IN MALAYSIA N STILL PROUD.U A FUCKING DISGRACE TO SIBGAPOREANS.LET ME TELL U .U JUST A POOR N NO CASH UNCLE TRYING ACT ATAS.TO ME U WORSE THAN A RUNAWAY DOG.WHO SEEK COMFORT USING CHEASKATE METHOD.FUCKOF"

Whoever you are, I wonder why you should be so offended at the life choices that I make. I don't think I am very smart, though admittedly I am poor and no cash, and certainly not trying to act atas. I don't live in an atas area, mind you. But I do feel blessed and thankful to be able to make adjustments to better my family's living conditions with my very limited resources. If you are a fellow Singaporean, and a proud one at that, may I ask you to show more understanding and extend grace to folks like me who are just trying to improve life as best as I can. Peace. And a happy new year to you.:smile:

Last edited:

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow....just received a forum "Notification" and this dude was swearing and cursing me in CAPS about how I am a disgrace to Singaporeans (this is the second time I am receiving such a note, probably from the same person), full text below:

"U THINK U V SMART AH?U CHEEBYE CHEAPSKATE LIVE IN MALAYSIA N STILL PROUD.U A FUCKING DISGRACE TO SIBGAPOREANS.LET ME TELL U .U JUST A POOR N NO CASH UNCLE TRYING ACT ATAS.TO ME U WORSE THAN A RUNAWAY DOG.WHO SEEK COMFORT USING CHEASKATE METHOD.FUCKOF"

Whoever you are, I wonder why you should be so offended at the life choices that I make. I don't think I am very smart, though admittedly I am poor and no cash, and certainly not trying to act atas. I don't live in an atas area, mind you. But I do feel blessed and thankful to be able to make adjustments to better my family's living conditions with my very limited resources. If you are a fellow Singaporean, and a proud one at that, may I ask you to show more understanding and extend grace to folks like me who are just trying to improve life as best as I can. Peace. And a happy new year to you.:smile:

Keke, Bro Frodo, the way the pm was typed just indicated how stressful life is in Singapore island. Frankly speaking, this guy should make his round in Iskandar Malaysia and talk to some of the people then he will finally have the realisaiton, lifestyle isn't "cheap cheap cheap" in there. As what I have shared with my wife, I starting to have the understanding that I cannot own a BMW/Merc in Malaysia despite previously I keep thinking without COE, it is dirt cheap. Not really true if you start living in Malaysia. Also, there are a lot of properties now belong to the category of "Can see, can song, cannot afford" range. Like a Semi D in EcoBotanic cost 2.4mil up. That is still unaffordable to me now. Changing Ringgit into SGD gives many Singaporeans the wrong perception that things are cheaper. Ya, but still 2.4mil into SGD is SGD800k and that is still beyond reach.

Like you, I am just another surviving Singaporean trying to make sense of my meagre pay, at least multiply by 3 I can have some saving after paying off the necessary expenses in life. Of course seeing people drive merc/bmw stay bungalow in Singapore shiok. But need to be contended with what we have on hand is more important.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frodo, go do your TGIF (at some happening places JB):p Nasty, but you replied with grace

At least you and some others here got a life

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos u replied with grace. I would have ignored the PM.
Karma goes around. U reap what u sow.

1up for u Frodo.
Cheers!

Frodo,
From the way you answer with such grace, the guy would look for the nearest bridge and jump down to the Singapore river in frustrations. :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lol, some ppl too stress, don't curse at them. Take pity on him/her and move on with your day. You simply can't help everyone.

Happy New Year All!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keke, Bro Frodo, the way the pm was typed just indicated how stressful life is in Singapore island. Frankly speaking, this guy should make his round in Iskandar Malaysia and talk to some of the people then he will finally have the realisaiton, lifestyle isn't "cheap cheap cheap" in there. As what I have shared with my wife, I starting to have the understanding that I cannot own a BMW/Merc in Malaysia despite previously I keep thinking without COE, it is dirt cheap. Not really true if you start living in Malaysia. Also, there are a lot of properties now belong to the category of "Can see, can song, cannot afford" range. Like a Semi D in EcoBotanic cost 2.4mil up. That is still unaffordable to me now. Changing Ringgit into SGD gives many Singaporeans the wrong perception that things are cheaper. Ya, but still 2.4mil into SGD is SGD800k and that is still beyond reach.

Like you, I am just another surviving Singaporean trying to make sense of my meagre pay, at least multiply by 3 I can have some saving after paying off the necessary expenses in life. Of course seeing people drive merc/bmw stay bungalow in Singapore shiok. But need to be contended with what we have on hand is more important.

Hahaha....last time back in Singapore sometimes envy and covet people living in ang moh chu...wondering how this people can get the kind of money to buy it. Even the thought of buying JB never crossed my mind, until baby came and we encountered a "space crisis" and somehow found ourselves living in JB, completely unplanned! Funny how things turn out eventually. Sometimes my wife will still suddenly tell me it seems surreal that we are now living in JB. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.