• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which case specifically? The old uncle Mercedes or the expired passport Lady? One is clearly nuts and the other who knows what malicious motive?

The Mercedes old man. It was clearly not madness but sheer arrogance for escaping from death to lesser offence.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meanwhile at Spore airport:

SINGAPORE - A 57-year-old hairstylist who assaulted a flight stewardess on board a Tiger Airways plane in February was jailed for five days on Wednesday (Aug 24).

Chong Nyok Kiew, a Malaysian, pleaded guilty to one charge of causing hurt.

A district court heard that Chong flew from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Singapore on Feb*23.

http://ebx.sh/2bMrjsK

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT=&amp]Expect more jams.
---------------------------

PUTRAJAYA: The Health Ministry will intensify monitoring at the two main entry points into Johor Bharu following the case of a Malaysian woman being infected by the Zika virus in Singapore.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The director-general of health, Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, said the precautionary measures included distributing pamphlets on the prevention of Zika infection and placing paramedics at the entry points to examine tourists showing signs of the disease. He said the health ministries of both countries were in close contact.The Zika virus is spread by the Aedes mosquito, which is also the carrier of dengue fever.
-----------------------------------
SINGAPORE: Singapore's Health Ministry has confirmed 41 cases of locally-transmitted Zika, all of whom were residents or workers in the Aljunied Crescent and Sims Drive area. They include 36 foreign construction workers.

[/FONT]

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT=&amp]Expect more jams.
---------------------------

PUTRAJAYA: The Health Ministry will intensify monitoring at the two main entry points into Johor Bharu following the case of a Malaysian woman being infected by the Zika virus in Singapore.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The director-general of health, Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, said the precautionary measures included distributing pamphlets on the prevention of Zika infection and placing paramedics at the entry points to examine tourists showing signs of the disease. He said the health ministries of both countries were in close contact.The Zika virus is spread by the Aedes mosquito, which is also the carrier of dengue fever.
-----------------------------------
SINGAPORE: Singapore's Health Ministry has confirmed 41 cases of locally-transmitted Zika, all of whom were residents or workers in the Aljunied Crescent and Sims Drive area. They include 36 foreign construction workers.

[/FONT]

I locum in the active cluster area and just saw a Malaysian confirmed Zika case who lives in Skudai and travels to Sg daily.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I locum in the active cluster area and just saw a Malaysian confirmed Zika case who lives in Skudai and travels to Sg daily.

PETALING JAYA: The first Zika patient in the country is recuperating well at the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
The hospital’s infectious disease head Datuk Dr Christopher Lee said the symptoms that the 58-year-old woman suffered from, including rashes, had also cleared up.
“We will be doing a blood test on her today and if it turns out to be negative, we can let her go home in a few days’ time,” he said yesterday.
He said her mild rashes cleared up in two or three days and the last blood test was negative but the hospital decided to keep her for a little longer just to ensure there would be no transmission to other people.
The blood test today was to reconfirm that she was free of Zika, he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...-test-turned-out-negative-but-we-will-retest/

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just came back from my usual 250km/hour to Tangkak and back. Exited Tuas at 2am, reached back Tuas 4am. No zika checks. The Malaysia customs chaps were sleeping 4 in a row. One Senior officer looked up from his slumber and wave me on when I slowed down.

Wow....talk about life in the fast lane! :biggrin:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only on a couple of times drove near that kind of speed but then oso only during Day time. Now think back is abit dangerous... lol. U see a speck of car in front & before u know it u are right behind & time to break hard...
U are really Speed Demon man. In the Dark at this speed... :eek:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I have a small question (:

Is it important to have a Malaysia number when living in JB? Do they accept Singapore number? I am considering a portable wifi device vs thethering (on Malaysia prepaid plan). My normal usage is just about 2 Singapore phones in JB.

Felt that portable wifi is more reliable but I am worried that accounts (utilities, govt bills etc) must have a registered Malaysia number when living in JB. That would most probably push me to get a prepaid plan instead.

thanks (:

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

i am Singaporean wanted to sell my condo in JB,
how should i go about it?

Presently i have stop paying instalments to Bank for 6 ~ 7 MONTHS because i have paid about RM120K earlier this year.
do you think i should pay TILL CONDO SOLD or STOP PAYING ?

Knowing that before 5 years SPA, incur 30% profit gain and agent Fee 2%
What other costs to consider, so that i dont sell at a loss?

my is under International Lot, MY Government restrict Foreigners to buy property above RM 1 million,
my condo price was RM500k, can i sell to Foreigners? (since i purchased it under old law restricted RM500k )

THANKS ALL

hasslehoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Presently i have stop paying instalments to Bank for 6 ~ 7 MONTHS because i have paid about RM120K earlier this year.

my is under International Lot, MY Government restrict Foreigners to buy property above RM 1 million,
my condo price was RM500k, can i sell to Foreigners? (since i purchased it under old law restricted RM500k )

THANKS ALL

Tried to PM you, but your inbox is full. Pls PM me with details if u want to sell. Thks

hasslehoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

You need to read your fine print. You might have reduced your principle, but still required to pay instalment as usual.

One way round this is to sell at same price, and ask for COV, assuming next buyer is cash rich.

Believe foreigners need to buy above 1M. Regardless that you bought earlier at sub 1 million. Old rules super ceded by new rules.

You are basically stuck. Which is why previous foreign buyers are upset. Rules change, and those that bought at eg, 700k, are stuck if can't sell above million to foreigners; and 700k+markup too high for locals who have many alternatives at same/lower prices. The only place this rule does not apply is Medini.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
you may post it in this forum under : "New, 2nd Hand or Sub Sale house in JB"
I think all legal fees can be deducted from any profits made, so keep all original invoice & receipts pertaining to the house purchase.
Not sure about whether loan interest is deductible ornot.
Tax on profit is staggered.
Get a good agent to help you sell your unit.
Negotiate the terms of commission; payable only on completion of sale.
If you don't make it clear, once they clinch the deal, they will tell you it's their company policy!
In my recent case, when the buyer put in the bal 9%, all hands came out to take a share of it - lawyer fees, agent's commission. That's how they work in My!
See money, snatch! hahaha!
But luckily there are some kind souls who help me along to complete the sale, esp Tekkun.
You will also have to pay 3% to the My income tax dept, the lawyer will help you in all these paper work.
However, they will refund you if there is any excess payment.
For my case, they have written to me, and I am expecting to receive some refund soon.
Good luck!

hi all,

THANKS ALL

Last edited:

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi thank you Hasslehoff and kawan2sgmy.

and also congrats kawan2sgmy for your unit sold.

talk to few agents, reply was no buyer now, hopefully can find a buyer sooner.

another question:
i have not pay installment for few months because have some advance payments in load account,
eventually want to sell this uint, wonder

1. keep paying monthly installment
2. pay a lump sum every few months
3. stop paying till the money in load account deducted

which is better choice ?
thanks again

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to bring my dog from Spore to JB. Does anybody know the procedures involved ? Is it a very cumbersome process, and does the dog have to be quarantined for a period of time at JB side? Thx a lot for your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.