• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate I concur on this. Went there (Woodbury) recently. Yes, Levis USD$40 a pair of jeans, missus got a truck load of them. Nosing around the Bukit Indah Levis store cost at least RM 270 (USD$77) a pair. HTF they can justified that when the American have higher salary with cheaper goods. I'm not sure an ordinary Malaysian can afford that. Surely they don't tax that much for a pair of jeans, is it?

I went harbour Town at Gold Coast. I bought 2 pairs of jeans for 100Aussie dollar.
Levis in Singapore and Malaysia is a rip off. Stay away from these bandits.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha JPO does not carry LV, Hermes or Chanel mah...... These 3 brands are always the hallmark of a cosmopolitan city, as much as I don't like them....... But indeed JB has developed quickly over the last 5-6 years, and I believe things will be quite different in 10 years time. Who knows, by then, these 3 brands may decide to set up their fashion shops in JB (not accessories), the 2nd MY city after KL...... :biggrin:

In the meantime, I look forward to Southkey JB, Sutera Mall extension, Ikea Tebrau etc to open in the next few years, and hope for my MY houses to continue to chiong up......haha

JB economy is tanking. Malaysia ringgint is tanking.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
....as mentioned people moving over to JB are those who are looking for cheaper alternative....not those hankering for LV, Hermes or Chanel etc or eat at what that restaurant? Iggy's? and what yu beef? Ayam Penyet is fine for me thank you....and do we want JB to be like NY or Paris or Tokyo????? Obviously off tangent to the intention of us who are looking at JB for long term stay.
And also there will always be alternative location wher you can buy truck load of Levis at dirt cheap prices ...the point is these places are thousands of miles away even if their cars and parking maybe cheaper....I don't travel all the way there to buy Levis....cannot afford expensive travels to places like Gold Coast like some of you....
I am not earning Malaysiam Ringgit but spending in ringgit so I am fine if the ringgit continue to tank....tank you.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
....as mentioned people moving over to JB are those who are looking for cheaper alternative....not those hankering for LV, Hermes or Chanel etc or eat at what that restaurant? Iggy's? and what yu beef? Ayam Penyet is fine for me thank you....and do we want JB to be like NY or Paris or Tokyo????? Obviously off tangent to the intention of us who are looking at JB for long term stay.
And also there will always be alternative location wher you can buy truck load of Levis at dirt cheap prices ...the point is these places are thousands of miles away even if their cars and parking maybe cheaper....I don't travel all the way there to buy Levis....cannot afford expensive travels to places like Gold Coast like some of you....
I am not earning Malaysiam Ringgit but spending in ringgit so I am fine if the ringgit continue to tank....tank you.
Pls follow the thread from #7923 before launching your tirades. Thank you v much. Btw I just came back from dinner at Grill Bar & Hobbit at Tebrau. JB has its charm but let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KSL shopping centre and surrounding areas are damn crowded.

15916082218_d117f72235_b.jpg

15916081698_0105a2385b_b.jpg

15917757217_49ba5e6888_b.jpg

15483823443_b15911030e_b.jpg

15917753917_94ea20d818_b.jpg

15481182084_c0b95d8980_b.jpg

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls follow the thread from #7923 before launching your tirades. Thank you v much. Btw I just came back from dinner at Grill Bar & Hobbit at Tebrau. JB has its charm but let's call a spade a spade.

Tirade? ......is there any restriction on what people can say here that does not resonate with you? ....anyway just came back frm Jcube, 6 hours of parking $10.10 sgd compared to Aeon 8hours $1rm, simple to sum lunch $80 for 4 at JEM Canton Paradise, vs 6 dishes proper lunch at iCanton Aeon $160rm.....just comparing spade for spade....cannot boast of branded stuff as I cannot afford.....not have the heart to spend on Gourmet Fine Dining.....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAJOR OPERATIONS BEFORE SHELL JUST BEFORE 2ND LINK Malaysia Custom.

They set up a major booth to screen ALL ( 100% ) Singapore cars before they reach checkpoint.

For 2 mornings in the row @ 4am +, I was stopped with ALL other Singapore cars and proceeded to Rest station to be screened.

On both early morning, I was the one without any summon as recently I drove my family car to JB which is a prim and proper car. All other Singapore cars ( at least 20 of them when I was there ), were hauled up and meet pay @ cashier. Those without any Ringgit will be detained as far as I know and they cant return to Singapore

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They set up a major booth to screen ALL ( 100% ) Singapore cars before they reach checkpoint.

For 2 mornings in the row @ 4am +, I was stopped with ALL other Singapore cars and proceeded to Rest station to be screened.

On both early morning, I was the one without any summon as recently I drove my family car to JB which is a prim and proper car. All other Singapore cars ( at least 20 of them when I was there ), were hauled up and meet pay @ cashier. Those without any Ringgit will be detained as far as I know and they cant return to Singapore

Wow. Tks for d info Puteri.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, yesterday morning, whilst passing EDL towards CIQ 1st link, there was a major roadblock of a similar kind targeting Singaporean cars for unpaid summons. All Singapore cars were directed into the newly rest area on the left side of EDL, but it took only a few minutes if there is no unpaid summons. The same morning, along Terbrau Road, there was a similar roadblock. When I told the officer that I was already checked, he waved me on...Even at around 11.15 pm, I passed by standing officers along the same location of EDL but funny they did not stop us. Looks like JB is serious is collecting unpaid summons.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree with Dare2. Most visiting JB or going to stay there are looking for cheaper standard of living - cheaper food, clothings and whatnot. And they are happy with the current situation I suppose except going through the traffic jams at both links.
Each time caught in the jam, I would think the clearing system at both sides could be improved, definitely not by increasing the tolls or VEP fees. Let's list here if you dare and hopefully the relevant authorities will come know and take some remedial actions.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The funfair booth @ the Rest Stop behind 2nd link Shell is huge. They even block off the entrance to Shell!

Ya, yesterday morning, whilst passing EDL towards CIQ 1st link, there was a major roadblock of a similar kind targeting Singaporean cars for unpaid summons. All Singapore cars were directed into the newly rest area on the left side of EDL, but it took only a few minutes if there is no unpaid summons. The same morning, along Terbrau Road, there was a similar roadblock. When I told the officer that I was already checked, he waved me on...Even at around 11.15 pm, I passed by standing officers along the same location of EDL but funny they did not stop us. Looks like JB is serious is collecting unpaid summons.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
And looks like the booths will be there for more than 2 days.. those Platinum Cilents with unpaid summons like me ( > RM 20K ) type, better hang low, take bus 170 or drive another car in-out.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cleared the roadblock too,EDL was the worst place to be at when heading back to woodland custom,I was there from frm 2~4:30pm yesterday ,the local vehicle from left wants to cut to right to get to the other side,while those sg car whom dont q from right wants to cut in to join the Q,left right kana,test of ones patient and trying best to stay cool.shoik to see the traffic police at the end to recived em when they fail to cut in the q,wonder do they receive summons?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cleared the roadblock too,EDL was the worst place to be at when heading back to woodland custom,I was there from frm 2~4:30pm yesterday ,the local vehicle from left wants to cut to right to get to the other side,while those sg car whom dont q from right wants to cut in to join the Q,left right kana,test of ones patient and trying best to stay cool.shoik to see the traffic police at the end to recived em when they fail to cut in the q,wonder do they receive summons?

2 concurrent roadworks, 1 at the Pandan Exit & the other 1 at the Bakar Batu exit. So all the cars are jammed up in the EDL, with the Bakar Batu exit before the customs closed for 1 week. I avoided EDL totally yesterday and managed to clear both sides in 1 hr 15 mins.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arrgg..Im still not very local yet,thks redsynwa for ur info,i follow my gps which lead me there,my son gotto release at plastic bag inside my car,lucky I dont need haha,btw u kn where to buy fire cracker near bukit indah area ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arrgg..Im still not very local yet,thks redsynwa for ur info,i follow my gps which lead me there,my son gotto release at plastic bag inside my car,lucky I dont need haha,btw u kn where to buy fire cracker near bukit indah area ?

I was lucky to read a small piece in Sin Chew Daily that mentioned the closure of Bakar Batu exit for a week. So I knew to avoid EDL like the Black Plague. haha

For the fire crackers, I am also not sure. Every year, I just watch the fireworks display by all the surrounding neighbours. Never tried 1 myself......hee

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got it during those times up and down Taiping once a week over a year.

Funny thing 1 day can kena 3-5 times along the 800km journey. Want to pay as I am sure I am under "Arrest Warrant" but they want me to log in & get user id and password etc.. end up find it too cumbersome.

For 3rd day running, I was checked and passed. Maybe come the CNY they might offer some promos of Paying 3 summon for the price of 1 etc or to concide with SG50 celebration they might have a joint promo with Spore govt to offer RM50 discount off every summon.

More than 20k summons? Seriously?

Behave in singapore once cross the causeway drive like maniac?

Status
Not open for further replies.