• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian and disgraced lawyer Leonard Loo

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lawyer Leonard Loo was struck off the rolls today after numerous complaints about his professional conduct.

He was the same lawyer than Tan Kin Lian roped in to help minibond investors explore the possibility of a class action lawsuit in 2008/2009.

Leonard Loo also spoke at TKL minibond rallies at Hong Lim Park.

http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2008/11/collective-legal-action-leonard-loo.html

[h=3]Collective legal action - Leonard Loo[/h]
For investors who wish to consider collective legal action, you can attend a briefing by Leonard Loo.

Details below:
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/10/lawyer-no-obligation-no-fee.html

Leonard Loo has proposed that the investors give their intent to take collective action and register their claim. He will explain the strategy to the investors at his briefing. The aim is that actual legal action will be taken only at the last resort and out-of-court settlement will be preferred, in the interest of all parties.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_825331.html

A lawyer with the dubious record of having the most number of complaints filed against him was struck off the rolls on Monday.

Mr Leonard Loo Peng Chee, 41, who has 15 years of experience, did not attend the hearing before a Court of Three Judges to defend himself against the Law Society's bid to disbar him for professional misconduct.

The society had received 14 complaints from his clients and the courts, covering at least 86 instances of misconduct, including dishonesty.

The litany of complaints filed against the partner of Leonard Loo LLP included his being ill-prepared to argue his case, being being late for court hearings or not showing up and not complying with court directions.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I guess you will have to get your facts right.

TKL didn't "rope" Leonard in for the minibond saga but rather, Leonard appeared at the rally and offered his services to the victims. That is how they get to know each other.

Goh Meng Seng

Lawyer Leonard Loo was struck off the rolls today after numerous complaints about his professional conduct.

He was the same lawyer than Tan Kin Lian roped in to help minibond investors explore the possibility of a class action lawsuit in 2008/2009.

Leonard Loo also spoke at TKL minibond rallies at Hong Lim Park.

http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2008/11/collective-legal-action-leonard-loo.html

[h=3]Collective legal action - Leonard Loo[/h]
For investors who wish to consider collective legal action, you can attend a briefing by Leonard Loo.

Details below:
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/10/lawyer-no-obligation-no-fee.html

Leonard Loo has proposed that the investors give their intent to take collective action and register their claim. He will explain the strategy to the investors at his briefing. The aim is that actual legal action will be taken only at the last resort and out-of-court settlement will be preferred, in the interest of all parties.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_825331.html

A lawyer with the dubious record of having the most number of complaints filed against him was struck off the rolls on Monday.

Mr Leonard Loo Peng Chee, 41, who has 15 years of experience, did not attend the hearing before a Court of Three Judges to defend himself against the Law Society's bid to disbar him for professional misconduct.

The society had received 14 complaints from his clients and the courts, covering at least 86 instances of misconduct, including dishonesty.

The litany of complaints filed against the partner of Leonard Loo LLP included his being ill-prepared to argue his case, being being late for court hearings or not showing up and not complying with court directions.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He might have appeared at the rally, fell down from the sky etc but that is besides the point. Tan Kin Lian subsequently went on to recommended him after he offered his services. He was associated with him. I raised this before in this forum. Lets not be clever by half.

The URL has been provided by TS for your convenice.

Common sense would have required some due diligence on the part of TKL.

Why don't you google. It is also in Tan KIn Lian blog.

I guess you will have to get your facts right.

TKL didn't "rope" Leonard in for the minibond saga but rather, Leonard appeared at the rally and offered his services to the victims. That is how they get to know each other.

Goh Meng Seng

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this sentence by TKL was not clearly "roping in" Loo, I dont know what English GMS learnt in school:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is the majority of minibond victims did get back partial compensation and some even managed to get full refund. This cannot be achieved without the involvement of TKL and GMS who did mission impossible by taking on MAS and financial institutions.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think it is not fair to make such statements because it gives the wrong impression.

As the person who organized the rallies, if there is a lawyer willing to offer his services, based on what should he reject?

The fact is that Leonard is NOT the only lawyer who offered his services. Due diligence has been made by having another law firm to make their proposals to the victims. I am not at liberty to release information on this law firm or lawyer but I know that there is no bias or special recommendation whatsoever given to Leonard.

Ultimately, the victims decide for themselves whether to engage any of the lawyers.

I guess the agenda is pretty straight forward here. It is on hindsight where people would like to point fingers and try to attack whoever they don't like. But the truth is, Leonard to TKL is totally different from YSL to LTK. If you really want to fault TKL for "association" with Leonard, then please apply the same standards to LTK. You should be taking LTK to task more than TKL with regards to YSL saga.

Goh Meng Seng

He might have appeared at the rally, fell down from the sky etc but that is besides the point. Tan Kin Lian subsequently went on to recommended him after he offered his services. He was associated with him. I raised this before in this forum. Lets not be clever by half.

The URL has been provided by TS for your convenice.

Common sense would have required some due diligence on the part of TKL.

Why don't you google. It is also in Tan KIn Lian blog.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You don't look at facts and context but simply come to such simple conclusion by reading one single sentence?

At no time was Loo mentioned as the "preferred" lawyer or "official lawyer" for the Minibond saga. He was at that place offering his service and willing to give legal advice. Thus, he was introduced. However, later into the saga, another lawyer also shown interests in providing his service, he was too introduced to the victims. What's wrong with that?

Goh Meng Seng

If this sentence by TKL was not clearly "roping in" Loo, I dont know what English GMS learnt in school:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has YSL and LTK and WP got to do with this thread. Did the organise the rally, sell the products, serve drinks ?????????????????

I think it is not fair to make such statements because it gives the wrong impression.

As the person who organized the rallies, if there is a lawyer willing to offer his services, based on what should he reject?

The fact is that Leonard is NOT the only lawyer who offered his services. Due diligence has been made by having another law firm to make their proposals to the victims. I am not at liberty to release information on this law firm or lawyer but I know that there is no bias or special recommendation whatsoever given to Leonard.

Ultimately, the victims decide for themselves whether to engage any of the lawyers.

I guess the agenda is pretty straight forward here. It is on hindsight where people would like to point fingers and try to attack whoever they don't like. But the truth is, Leonard to TKL is totally different from YSL to LTK. If you really want to fault TKL for "association" with Leonard, then please apply the same standards to LTK. You should be taking LTK to task more than TKL with regards to YSL saga.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Of course it does.

People are trying to link a proven lemon with TKL to discredit him but the fact that, there is really little linkages between Loo and TKL. This is very unlike YSL and LTK. If you want to play such game, you should apply on YSL and LTK. This is more relevant than Loo and TKL.

Scroobal, you are tainted with double standards here, due to your bias tendency. You may not like TKL but to try and discredit him in this thread by linking him to Loo is really vain. I didn't see you trying to discredit WP or LTK by linking YSL to LTK, which is more relevant, if you ask me.

Well, it seems that both WP and PAP members and supporters are samma samma. I have seen PAP supporters using the same line of reasoning.... oh YSL is LTK's choice of successor but he is proven to be a lemon... so something is wrong with LTK's judgement? To me, the thread starter who is WP people, is behaving just as low as PAP people, or even lower. They are really no different and I hope you don't stoop so low as well.

Goh Meng Seng

What has YSL and LTK and WP got to do with this thread. Did the organise the rally, sell the products, serve drinks ?????????????????

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not so sure. All the jurisdictions around the world without exception (lets watch GMS google to prove otherwise) involved regulators forcing banks to buy-back the bonds for some value. My sense is that even if Tan Kin Lian and GMS were not born, the end result would be the same. Singapore despite run by greedy arseholes tend to toe the financial world in these thing as Singapore is a major financial hub.

The minibond saga however was a great opportunity for them to sell their political credentials and secure some votes.

The truth is the majority of minibond victims did get back partial compensation and some even managed to get full refund. This cannot be achieved without the involvement of TKL and GMS who did mission impossible by taking on MAS and financial institutions.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are definitely wrong, Scroobal.

In HK, the banks and financial institutions are FORCED to pay MORE to the minibond victims basically because they have more opposition (pan-democrats) Legco members putting much more pressures on both banks/financial institutions and the govt.

By the look of what PAP govt has said in the early stage of the saga, I don't think they are going to pay anything to the victims. The reasons are simple, the govt owns substantial shares of most of the banks here in Singapore.

If there is no protest rallies organized, nobody who guided the victims on what to do, very much fewer people would get compensations.

Goh Meng Seng

I am not so sure. All the jurisdictions around the world without exception (lets watch GMS google to prove otherwise) involved regulators forcing banks to buy-back the bonds for some value. My sense is that even if Tan Kin Lian and GMS were not born, the end result would be the same. Singapore despite run by greedy arseholes tend to toe the financial world in these thing as Singapore is a major financial hub.

The minibond saga however was a great opportunity for them to sell their political credentials and secure some votes.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are either being defeatist or apologist.

If we have more effective MPs in parliament, much more could be done.

In US, they can go for collective class action legal suits against the banks and financial institutions, but we can't do that in Singapore. Same for HK. But HK's opposition members put tremendous pressures on both the govt and banks to get the best deal for the victims (at least 70% compensation for most victims).

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read my sentence -"for some value" The fact that Singapore did not cough more might even suggest they did not want you 2 clowns to get any glory and done out of spite. - Maybe without you 2 trying to claim credit, they might have offered more.

You are definitely wrong, Scroobal.

In HK, the banks and financial institutions are FORCED to pay MORE to the minibond victims basically because they have more opposition (pan-democrats) Legco members putting much more pressures on both banks/financial institutions and the govt.

By the look of what PAP govt has said in the early stage of the saga, I don't think they are going to pay anything to the victims. The reasons are simple, the govt owns substantial shares of most of the banks here in Singapore.

If there is no protest rallies organized, nobody who guided the victims on what to do, very much fewer people would get compensations.

Goh Meng Seng

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please read my sentence -"for some value" The fact that Singapore did not cough more might even suggest they did not want you 2 clowns to get any glory and done out of spite. - Maybe without you 2 trying to claim credit, they might have offered more.

Hey, arm chair critic with inside PAP stories. Why you go answer the court jester who was wrong the day he was born? You know, I think political activists or jesters also need to get checked by psychiatrists too. Cannot have too many mad man on the streets and forum. Wah NUS teach rationale argument with you are wrong and right? Statistics only give you at best you are not wrong. Wah lao, I hope NUS has improves since GMS days.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Please read my post again. I am saying without any effort put in, the victims may not even get a penny back! This is due to the fact that the PAP govt has shown hardline attitude ("walk in with their eyes open") and the govt is the major shareholders of almost all the banks in Singapore.

Goh Meng Seng